Formatting maps to Ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Formatting maps to Ps3

Yay!! Another question! How do I format a map to PlayStation3 format for PlayStation3 UnrealTournament3 Play?

umm... dont expect an answer mate. a LOT of us dont know that 1 yet

Comment

As always..."You can import maps&mods to the PlayStation3" Says Epicgames, but the question its, how do you FORMAT the maps&mods to the PlayStation3? Its like its "Ask, dont tell" Argh, i wish they would give us info...

Comment

yea... i dont really care seeing the PS 3 only has 512mb ram (in other words, it wont be able to load much more than Epic have put in their maps), so im stcking with PC.

4 GB RAM FILLING MAPS FTW!

Comment

Your suppose to use Unreal Frontend (in the binaries folder) but I cant get it to work yet, nothing but errors and empty folders =(. If you find an answer please post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Green_Day_584 View Post
            Agreed.

I need a shirt that says that!

Comment

Actually the PS3 only has 256mb of ram available to the CPU, and another 256 available for GPU. Its surprising how quickly the ram fills up.

PS, I dont think you can put anything on ps3 just yet. But when you can, UFE will be the way you do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekt0F0rm View Post
                Agreed.

I need a shirt that says that!
                can i add that to my sig?

Comment

ram speed accounts for a lot. I think you guys are underestimating the ps3. i also believe the ps3 will be able to run a lot of the maps the pc version can.

Comment

can i add that to my sig?
                    Sure

Seriously though... a shirt like that would be cool.

Comment

yea... i dont really care seeing the PS 3 only has 512mb ram (in other words, it wont be able to load much more than Epic have put in their maps), so im stcking with PC.

Your gonna eat those words. And who's gonna make a 4gb map.

Comment

From Josh Adams...
                        However, the PS3 mod tools aren't quite ready yet. We are working through some final legal/release issues.

When it's ready, you will need to download the latest PC patch and another PS3 Mod Tools "patch" that adds the full PS3 mod support to the PC version.

You will have to cook ypur mods for the PS3 specifically. You will also need removable media (memory card, USB drive, etc) to transfer the mod from your PC to your PS3.

We will have the tools ready ASAP!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joelisdaman View Post
                          Your gonna eat those words. And who's gonna make a 4gb map.
                          <deep_echoing_voice>MEEEEEE!!!</deep_echoing_voice> lol

Comment

Yea, you guys are REALLY underestimating the PS3, but can we get back on topic please?(PS3 has no bugs with the graphics > also it doesnt have long load times. When playing PC takes a long time to load)

Comment

PS3 uses a standard PC hard drive, and normally loads from bluray anyway, which will have a much slower seek time than an HD (the first time you load it). This is another reason why maps are cooked.

Anyway, there will be a tool kit for PS3 mods soon, so chill.

Comment

Working...
                              X