How do you make bots hammerJump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you make bots hammerJump?

Ok.. i have a map with pickups that can only be got at by hammerjumping..

All fine for humans.. but how the heck do you get bots to do it?..

(1) i've tried forcing paths to the powerups, bots freak out of the pathnodes below it and wont stop

(2) tried using UTTranslocatorDest with normal and forced paths.. they just try to doubledjump from the pathnodes below. Does the RequiredJumpZ do something for it and how does it work?

All this happens with both novice and godlike bots. As there is a total lack of UDN access for UT3 i have no idea where i'm going wrong.

In vein hope somebody has the answer..

You can make bots hammerjump?

bump for answer, i could use this in my map.

Comment

if you could make them do it... you would probably have to do it with an A.I. Sequence code script.

Comment

Not sure if its like that in UT3, but in old versions you needed set bots to godlike (or something high) to make them impact jump. I did not tested it yet in UT3. And it was enough to just put juicy pickup with only impact jump way up there, no special fiddling with forced path was needed.

Comment

Originally posted by SKYFURNACE View Post
          if you could make them do it... you would probably have to do it with an A.I. Sequence code script.
          Unless im missing something there is no A.I scripted sequences like there was in 2k4..

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
          Not sure if its like that in UT3, but in old versions you needed set bots to godlike (or something high) to make them impact jump. I did not tested it yet in UT3. And it was enough to just put juicy pickup with only impact jump way up there, no special fiddling with forced path was needed.
          I've tried every bot level including Godlike and still no joy.. all you had to do in 2k4 was place a JumpSpot actor, force paths between it and a pathnode and the A.I figured the rest out.

As far as i can tell the UTTranslocatorDest replaces the old jumpspot.. The only reference in it, is bAutoDetectVelocityZ, the tooltip sais "JumpZ velocity AI must be able to attain to jump here, or <=0 if this point cannot be reached by jumping"

Im still trying different setups.. but so far nothing.. my only hope is probably if mysterial see's this topic..

Why they didnt just add a new actor for impactjumping is beyond me..

Comment

there is no A.I scripted sequences like there was in 2k4..
            You can use the Kismet thought. I hope it can do such thing

Comment

Are you sure even Godlike bots don't do the hammerjump ?
              Have you tried looking at similar locations in the official maps ?
              Perhaps the distance is too great.
              Also consider that especially novice-bots have a lower topspeed (I think it's 60-70% of the playerspeed), which probably results in a lower (hammer)jump-distance as well.

Comment

Working...
              X