Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Solace View Post
    For the record I eventually changed the tiling of every texture in the material to make it ten times bigger, but that's a majorly time consuming way to do it, so if there's an easier way I'd still love to hear it.
    Add a TextureCoordinate to the UVs of the material and adjust from there. If it's stock content that you need to modify, it sometimes works duplicating the material to your map, sometimes not. More than likely not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The way to do this is to change the UV tiling of the textures within the material itself. Scaling the mesh down and using multiple copies is a waste of resources.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It sounds like your problem is having the material scaled too small on the static mesh, but here's what I like to do in the opposite case (texture is scaled too large).

I like to scale my static mesh (the mesh, not the material, using the method outlined by Friendlyman) until the material on it is the scale I want. Then I simply duplicate the mesh several times and line them up side by side to cover whatever area it is.

So, if you want to make a lake, but you find that using a single static mesh plane makes the material scale too large, you simply use several smaller static mesh planes so that the texture scale, overall, is smaller.

In your case though, I would just scale the mesh until the material looked right. If that isn't possible, then you'll probably have to futz with the material itself.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Friendlyman View Post
    Do you change the 'simple' scale to another number? Then click the apply button to the right of the 'simple' scale options.
    Yep, I did, nothing.

Originally posted by Maestr02 View Post
    can you even change materials on a static mesh inside of unrealed? I thougth once they were mesh'd thats it, they are done. I know you can break them apart and rework them in other programs, not so sure about unrealed though, never tried.
    Apparently you can, I turned a water mesh into a lava mesh...

For the record I eventually changed the tiling of every texture in the material to make it ten times bigger, but that's a majorly time consuming way to do it, so if there's an easier way I'd still love to hear it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    can you even change materials on a static mesh inside of unrealed? I thougth once they were mesh'd thats it, they are done. I know you can break them apart and rework them in other programs, not so sure about unrealed though, never tried.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Do you change the 'simple' scale to another number? Then click the apply button to the right of the 'simple' scale options.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can open the surface properties window, but hitting apply doesn't actually do anything...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For materials: Select the materials you want scaled, then press F5 and you will have the materials properties. From here its fairly obvious how to scale up and down.

For meshes: along the bottom bar are 4 white boxes. When you have a mesh selected they will all show a number. If the mesh is unaltered this number will all be 1.0000 . These boxes correspond to XYZ, X, Y, and Z respectively. Just type in a new number to change the scale. Generally if you just want to change the size of a mesh without distorting change the value of the XYZ box (IE 2.0 is 2 times the size).

Leave a comment:

• started a topic material scale

material scale

Bit of a noob question I'm sure, but I've looked everywhere and I can't find out how to change the scale of a material on a static mesh (say, to make water not look like a checkerboard). So... any help?
Working...
X