UT3 Editor and CPU usage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I get anywhere from 75-99% CPU usage in XP. In Vista, it just dies...

I was wondering about this myself... heh, just yesterday night, it took about 7 minutes for my map to biuld, and I only got a sunlight, terrain and a few static meshes...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MrCobra View Post
    The memory bloat and high CPU usage is do the game/editor using the .NET framework.
    you know, this actually sounds quite plausible. i wrote a little program (basically a stop watch with a countdown to know when my tea is ready ) in visual basic 2005 today and i checked how much memory it uses because it took so long to start. this little and simple thing uses 13 megabytes!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I spiked at 88% on 3 cores and 44% on one core for about 20 minutes today. I had to save my work and shut the editor down, otherwise when it does that for me, UED will completely freeze and a hard reset is required.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    65% here too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    amd 4600+ here, when i'm in the editor i also have constant 100% cpu usage. My air coolers are realy not quiet then...
    EDIT: no realtime preview, also when i have no level loaded

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a amd 4200+ x2 and cpu usage is a constant 65% on both cores.
    It's annoying you can't minimize the prog to make it use 0%, it still uses 65% even if minimized.
    I don't wanna close it between editing as it takes around 3 mins to load!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xerofighter View Post
    Since 3 days my UnrealEd is using 95 to 99% of CPU constantly
    Turn off realtime? Press the little button above the viewport that looks like a joystick. That ought to drop CPU consumption down to around 50% (which is still pretty horrible, especially when UEd doesn't even have focus).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What are your system specs?
    I don't have this issue at all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UnrealED is getting out of hand if you look at CPU usage
    Since 3 days my UnrealEd is using 95 to 99% of CPU constantly
    My UnrealEd slows down to a crawl certain times, when i add or edit brushes. its like the refreshing you get when there is no hardware acceleration active
    It will freeze for several minutes whenever i subtract a brush

Any suggestions how i can fix this?, it started happening a couple of days ago.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is a lot of stuff going on in the editor, so a powerful system is recommended.
    Try running Norton 2008 if you think UEd is a hog...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hmm... haven't checked cpu usage, yet. but i was pretty shocked when i saw the amount of ram the editor used
    it was close to 1gb. sure, i had been looking into several packages for textures to use in my map but still... ~1gb...
    and yesterday my gf8800 gts went over the 72 degrees mark for the first time. i had been playing around with the material editor and distorting materials with real time previews on and stuff, so...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I honestly dont know. I have never used linux or any other os other than microslop's broken glass shards in your butt. I used to just upgrade my pc but frankly it got too spensive so i got some ps3's instead. Now i jsut use my pc for emails and editing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh yeah, I use know what .NET Framework is, but technically, why would it give us such a headache? Using a Linux OS would fix the issue? That sounds just odd.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    .NET framework = Microslop productivity in action. I think he's sayign if you use windows yer screwed with high cpu usage and memory bloat. Sounds about right considering the os.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In detail that would resume to?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X