UT3 Editor and CPU usage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Editor and CPU usage.

This is getting a little insane. UT3UED is constantly using 30 to 40% of my processor non-stop. that is, either if it is minimized or not. I tried a lot of stuff, like turning light preview off, wireframe mode in all viewport, close the generic browser and ETC, it still use like 50% of my ram and CPU. This thing is a monster, there are so many files it loads that are non-needed, like the voice of every campaign character.

Intel Q6600
    XFX 8800 GTS 320 MB
    OCZ HPC 800 MHZ DDR2 1GBx2

Anyone have a solution here? I'd appreciated that.

I think its just a hog. I have pretty much nothing running on my computer and I have shut off pretty much every unnecessary windows process imagineable and UEd sits constantly around 22%-40% depending on what I am doing. 2.7ghz, 4gig ram, 512mg agp card. Not the best system but for gaming but it runs the editor ok. But it just chews the resources.

Comment

The memory bloat and high CPU usage is do the game/editor using the .NET framework.

Comment

In detail that would resume to?

Comment

.NET framework = Microslop productivity in action. I think he's sayign if you use windows yer screwed with high cpu usage and memory bloat. Sounds about right considering the os.

Comment

Oh yeah, I use know what .NET Framework is, but technically, why would it give us such a headache? Using a Linux OS would fix the issue? That sounds just odd.

Comment

I honestly dont know. I have never used linux or any other os other than microslop's broken glass shards in your butt. I used to just upgrade my pc but frankly it got too spensive so i got some ps3's instead. Now i jsut use my pc for emails and editing.

Comment

hmm... haven't checked cpu usage, yet. but i was pretty shocked when i saw the amount of ram the editor used
                it was close to 1gb. sure, i had been looking into several packages for textures to use in my map but still... ~1gb...
                and yesterday my gf8800 gts went over the 72 degrees mark for the first time. i had been playing around with the material editor and distorting materials with real time previews on and stuff, so...

Comment

There is a lot of stuff going on in the editor, so a powerful system is recommended.
                  Try running Norton 2008 if you think UEd is a hog...

Comment

UnrealED is getting out of hand if you look at CPU usage
                    Since 3 days my UnrealEd is using 95 to 99% of CPU constantly
                    My UnrealEd slows down to a crawl certain times, when i add or edit brushes. its like the refreshing you get when there is no hardware acceleration active
                    It will freeze for several minutes whenever i subtract a brush

Any suggestions how i can fix this?, it started happening a couple of days ago.

Comment

What are your system specs?
                      I don't have this issue at all.

Comment

Originally posted by xerofighter View Post
                        Since 3 days my UnrealEd is using 95 to 99% of CPU constantly
                        Turn off realtime? Press the little button above the viewport that looks like a joystick. That ought to drop CPU consumption down to around 50% (which is still pretty horrible, especially when UEd doesn't even have focus).

Comment

I have a amd 4200+ x2 and cpu usage is a constant 65% on both cores.
                          It's annoying you can't minimize the prog to make it use 0%, it still uses 65% even if minimized.
                          I don't wanna close it between editing as it takes around 3 mins to load!

Comment

amd 4600+ here, when i'm in the editor i also have constant 100% cpu usage. My air coolers are realy not quiet then...
                            EDIT: no realtime preview, also when i have no level loaded

Comment

65% here too.

Comment

Working...
                              X