Has anyone made a lava texture yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone made a lava texture yet?

This material editor is kicking my ***, I can't seem to duplicate the lava effect from UT2004

theres a tutorial on that in the ut3 bonus dvd stuff=p
    but its too long for me to write it out

Comment

Seems like they basically put the editor's manual in the bonus dvd.
      I was just looking for some lava for dm-codex, every UT has had lava in it.
      UT3 is no longer a UT game in my book as it has no lava
      Unles someone makes some, it's gonna have to be slime, which looks nowhere near as good

Comment

I have made something close to lava yesterday:

http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?..._122_721lo.jpg

Comment

I made some custom LavaTex for my upcomming map DM-Towers... you can have my texture/material after I've released the map.

Comment

Maybe someone will convert Lava from Gears Of War? It was just perfect

Comment

Originally posted by FreEp View Post
              Maybe someone will convert Lava from Gears Of War? It was just perfect
              Dont think thats legal acctualy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                I have made something close to lava yesterday:

http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?..._122_721lo.jpg
                Would you mind posting the details of what you selected in the material editor window? I *need* a lava texture for a map I'm making, and I understand the fundamentals of the editor, but not enough to make a lava material from scratch. I will, of course, give you full credit for the material.

Comment

Don't touch the lava, you might get burned.

Comment

Hey there Halo! I've been keeping an eye on that map of yours, it's looking good. How on EARTH did you get that lava material into the map?! I'm fiddling with the material edtior and it's just driving me crazy!

Comment

You must share that with us

Comment

Making the lava shader was trial and error. I just kept fiddling until I was happy with the result. The thing about my lava is that it looks like **** when its unlit...

...and looks great when it is lit...

It ended up being pretty complex with all the tweaking i did to it so it would probably be better if i just showed you.

Oh and I only halfway know what I'm doing. When it comes to optimizing, some of this stuff may be cut from the shader (without effecting it too much) so it in no way represents the final version.

Comment

looks very good actually, but could you please be so kind, to pass on the texture, just the texture you used for the lava? a link or something? please?

thnks

Comment

I am making a lava texture to use in a later map, once I have it finished, I'll plop it up here.

Comment

well, i read that from you in another thread before! but thank you very much then, any idea on an ETA? cause the map that in making, is rather close to the final release

Comment

Working...
                              X