"play from here" editor crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"play from here" editor crash

Everytime i select 'play from here' - on various downloaded custom maps - the editor crashes. It still works fine on anything i've built. The problem only started happening after a crash while i was editing my own map.

It has happened before, last time i reinstalled to fix. Anyone else suffering from or can fix this problem?

This happened to me on my map, but it worked fine again after if rebuilt.

Comment

I have to rebuild geometry in order to play it through the editor

Comment

I find that it always does this on anything named DM-etc, or such. When the name doesn't have a prefix it lets you run around the world just fine, albeit without weapons and all that.

Comment

always "Rebuild All" before you test play, and make sure you dont have the beta patch applied.

Comment

Originally posted by SKYFURNACE View Post
            always "Rebuild All" before you test play, and make sure you dont have the beta patch applied.

I do.

But the problem isn't with my own maps. Its with maps i've downloaded from these forums to have a look at. They are the ones that stopped working siince the crash. I haven't edited touched or saved them maps myself so they should work fine and not need rebuilding (worked fine prior to the crash).

Rebuilding these maps does get them to play in the editor again BUT the textures are wrong and have rainbow effect to them. Wierd tbh. Rather not reinstall (getting sick of reinstalling.). Gonna try swapping out some inis (again).

Hopefully a proper patch will be out soon and this problem will go away.

Comment

I am guessing here, but you may have corrupted one of standard packages, and those maps crash because they build with another (orginal) bversion of package while your editor has altered version.

Or one of those "Trash" packages generated while editor builds maps is making trouble. Go to your published and unpublished folders in "My Documents" and delete every file that is not map or did not came with downloaded map. Just remove all files autogenerated by editor. I had similar problem I could not build any map instead, and it was one of temporary shader files that was corrupted.

Comment

I have the same problem. Whenever I try to 'play from here' on a map that has a filename starting with 'DM-' the editor crashes to desktop. Even on levels that contain only one BSP box, one light and one player start. This doesn't happen without 'DM-'. Running UT3 version 1.1 on WinXP x64, with 4GB RAM and a quad core processor.

Any suggestions or insight into the cause of this would be appreciated.

Comment

bump?

sorry, but this really bugs me.

Comment

Okay, I reinstalled the game, applied the patch - same thing. So I reinstalled again without the patch. And it sort of works. Except that it's now unpatched. I don't need to explain why that is bad, do I?

Help! :-(

Comment

I have the same problem. UT3 v1.2, DM-Subterrane from HOLP. I even rebuilt it.

Is this feature forbidden for cooked maps? Why it crashes editor?

Comment

I have the editor crash when I go to play a map from the editor but I find it very random one day a map will make it crash the next day it will be fine.

I just played OnyxCoast from the editor ok then went to play it again and the editor crashed, now it wont play that map from the editor. So I tried Serenity which wouldn't work the other day but now plays every time.

Comment

Working...
                        X