No announcement yet.

Adding music and Speedtree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok HELP. I'm trying to just get a stock music cue to work in my map - its in the info spot OK, builds with no errors and is just barely audible when played by the editor but I can't hear it at all after cooking it and I can't alter stock content?? How do they get it to work in the stock maps???

Comment

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=615033
      http://zynthetic.ambientcollapse.com...d=34&Itemid=26
      No you can't/shouldn't alter retail content. If you play the audio from the Cue it will be heard at the proper volume. You can play back from the USound but it's going to be much quieter.

Comment

Originally posted by Làámßø View Post
        Bad news for clans who were use to having there clan tag in the map name as many were made back in 2k3/4.

What I found is that these characters.... (), [], {}, =, ><, /\, ... just to name the more common ones used, will not be able to use for importing music using the UTMapMusic process that embeds the song into World properties as discussed above in this thread.

So for example, these maps from my 04 map folder would not work in UT3 as of now;

DM-(GU)-Detention_Cell-2K6
        DM-(GU)-Square_Pants_Style-2K6
        DM-(Ani)-Halloween-A-do-Over-2K6
        DM-(***)-Looking_For_Saddam-2k6
        DM-(ReZ)-@@'s-2k6
        DM-[DaTs]BackYard-2K6
        DM-Laambo's_BadMoonRising-[IG-2k6]
        DM-Laambo's_JailBreak_[IG]_-2k6
        DM-{GOD}-Bedroom

Anyway, I think you get the point here.

Thanks for everyone who added some good posts on this subject. We all learned little more about our new editor and some "Do's" & "Don'ts" along the way. I'm sure we'll discover more in the future as we dive deeper into this awsome program.

Good Luck to Everyone!

Làámßø
        Turns out this is also true for spaces (had one accidentally and didnt get to add mapinfo untill after i saved it with a underscore instead ... )

Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Hey LordStrider,
          I made it exactly that way but always when i wanna set the music cues to the different channels (action, ambient, intro, etc.) it cant do it, says "cross package reference error!"

Also when i would want to close the editor, it then says "sound.upk" must be safed and it wants me to choose a directory, although I safed every package of course under the map's name! Really dont see what I've done wrong!

Comment

Working...
          X