No announcement yet.

Adding music and Speedtree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lam what happends if you make everything and finish the map then just rename it

Comment

Originally posted by karmatized View Post
      lam what happends if you make everything and finish the map then just rename it
      You should be fine. After importing the .wav file for the test, I just kept re-naming the map ("save as"), tried another version of a clan map character brackets and re-did the New UTMapMusic stage till it accepted.

Even if you have did the final Publish/Cook, I think you still have the original working file in your UnPublish folder.

So.....Map On bro!

Làámßø

Comment

Originally posted by Làámßø View Post
        Bad news for clans who were use to having there clan tag in the map name as many were made back in 2k3/4.

What I found is that these characters.... (), [], {}, =, ><, /\, ... just to name the more common ones used, will not be able to use for importing music using the UTMapMusic process that embeds the song into World properties as discussed above in this thread.

So for example, these maps from my 04 map folder would not work in UT3 as of now;

DM-(GU)-Detention_Cell-2K6
        DM-(GU)-Square_Pants_Style-2K6
        DM-(Ani)-Halloween-A-do-Over-2K6
        DM-(***)-Looking_For_Saddam-2k6
        DM-(ReZ)-@@'s-2k6
        DM-[DaTs]BackYard-2K6
        DM-Laambo's_BadMoonRising-[IG-2k6]
        DM-Laambo's_JailBreak_[IG]_-2k6
        DM-{GOD}-Bedroom

Anyway, I think you get the point here.

Thanks for everyone who added some good posts on this subject. We all learned little more about our new editor and some "Do's" & "Don'ts" along the way. I'm sure we'll discover more in the future as we dive deeper into this awsome program.

Good Luck to Everyone!

Làámßø
        This might not be totally accurate, I believe I have found a way around this (by doing things in a certain way and a certain order). Im just testing it a bit more and will post back with my results but for now I can tell you that my map, titled DM-{OVGY}-WeedShock has got music added properly and working.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-{OVGY} View Post
          This might not be totally accurate, I believe I have found a way around this (by doing things in a certain way and a certain order). Im just testing it a bit more and will post back with my results but for now I can tell you that my map, titled DM-{OVGY}-WeedShock has got music added properly and working.
          That would be so great cause I was using the DM-[HoP]-MapName version of the brackets and following the method from this thread with no luck till I dropped the brackets out. Then I went and tested all the other brackets and other characters with same results.

Question: Do you have any of the Beta Patches installed? not sure if would make any difference but I have not patched as of yet.

Please, let us know what was your method with above said brackets.

Làámßø

Comment

I do have beta patch 101 installed and have also checked, the retail and beta 101 make no difference, I am nearly finished testing so will have results soon hopefully everything is going well so far. Do you also have the problem were when you click the blue triangle for mapinfo it doesnt add anything because I have solved that at the same time. It was your original post about it posibbly being the characters that has helped me to do this.

Comment

I'm happy to say that my method does work, I will post a how to tomorrow as it is getting rather late (or even early you could say) here (5:00am) and there is only so long I can use coffee to stay awake, LOL, will upload map to my site too so you can see.

Comment

My findings are this, if you want to add a clan tag into your map name then you must do it in a specific way. For some reason if you use a clan tag in your map name and save the map before you setup mapinfo then it will render the blue triangle in world properties>worldinfo>mymapinfo completely useless meaning you cannot set it at all. To get around this you must start your new map and before you save it go into world properties>worldinfo>mymapinfo and click the blue triangle and set utmapinfo. When you do this you will see a load of text appear that looks something like 'utmapinfo,package_5.theworld.persistentlevel.worl dinfo_5.utmapinfo2', af ter you have done this you can save your map with any name you like for example DM-[HOWTO]-ADDCLANTAG. When you have done this go back into world properties and you will notice the mapinfo has changed to 'utmapinfo,DM-[HOWTO]-ADDCLANTAG.theworld.persistentlevel.worldinfo_5.ut mapinfo2'. You can now use the mapinfo settings throughout the creation of your map.

The other problem I had was the error "some object assignments failed because of cross-package references." when I was trying to use the green arrow to add a cue file to ut map music, you can get around this by simply typing the name of the cue manually and hitting enter. For example if your cue file is called mycue just type that and when you hit enter a load of text will add to it that would normally be entered when you click the green arrow. This also works in the world properties when you are adding your ut map music as the green arrow didn't work there for me either.

Not sure why the editor is sensitive to these characters but at least there is a workaround for it.

Here is a link to the map I did (DM-{OVGY}-WeedShock-UT3) with our clan tag in it and music added properly.

http://hostfil.es/file/7590/DM--OVGY...k-UT3-rar.html

Comment

AZ-{OVGY}......NICE WORK BRO!!! I was just wondering about this this morning making my coffee if you might be able to have a generic name to start off with then when finally ready to publish the map "save as" to final name and if this would work!

I think this Tread has become very informative for the community about this process/feature the editor has to offer for mappers. It would be nice to see this stay at the top of the forum list so not to vanish deep with in the forum threads as many do after just a couple days.

Once again, "Thank You" to EVERYONE who has participated and provided information into this process for adding music into a map.

AZ-{OVGY}....I'm downloading your DM-{OVGY}-WeedShock now, can only imagine what I'm instore for with a name like that. ...jk bro

Laters,

Làámßø

Comment

I'm guessing this method has worked for you then Làámßø, could you let me know please, would be nice to know that it is working for others too. Hope you liked the map too, its a port from a ut2004 map I did, please bear in mind I've only been mapping since July and my time is very limited so it isn't up to the standards of others. Gameplay is there though I love shock combos and theres not much else you can do on this map it has been the most played map on our clan servers for a while now. Feel free to use our site to try some of my other maps, I personally think DM-{OVGY}-OVGY_Arena is my best map so far as it took a while to do and it was the longest of my maps, I really learned alot about staticmeshes doing that however my most downloaded map is DM-{OVGY}-Islands_Of_Bliss, hopefully in the future you will see some of my maps and be impressed with the quality but for now I am still learning.

Comment

To make this short and sweet YES I confirm it does work and I think we will all agree on this that it would be best to name your map on the first time you save a basic simple name till your ready to finally Publish and cook your map. At that time SAVE AS what ever you needs are if for a clan or what not.
                      I have also learned that I was able to "Save As" my original map naming format as I did back in 2k3 and 2k4. So I am a real HAPPY CAMPER! WoOT!

Good Luck to all!

Làámßø

Comment

Well I did the music into the map and it made the map quite a bit bigger. But now the server wants the upk file which has the original 60mg sound que in it. Why?

Comment

scru 2 things you did wrong
                          you didnt encode it into your map package, and second you have to not only manually set compression quality you must also cook the map.

Comment

I'll give it another try. The map already doubled in size so I was figuring. Dangastumped.

Comment

what the hell is a speedtree.....?

Comment

skru actually one thing man, you cant do it with a precooked map, the soundtrack wont compress.

Comment

Working...
                                X