No announcement yet.

Adding music and Speedtree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd. I'll do a conversion map tonight when I get home and see if I get the same result.

At a minimum, you should be able to create a UT Map Music and point it to a stock piece. Could be a bug in the convertor the that is mucking up the mapinfo...I'll let you know.

Comment

Thx, its a ut2004 map I converted. The converter itself is still alpha so most probably is a bug, I have posted in the thread for it to see if the author knows of this issue or knows of a fix.

Comment

Can I ask what map it is? You have a screenshot?

Comment

It's DM-{OVGY}-WeedShock, I've only started mapping in July but you can view all my maps so far at our website http://ovgyclan.com. You have to be registered with site to use downloads though.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-{OVGY} View Post
            LordStrider, unfortunately your method didn't work for me. I followed instructions carefully (a few times) but I have now added an ambient sound for sake of ease. The problem is that when I come to add utmapinfo with the blue triangle it adds nothing. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the fact that I converted a ut2k4 map that I did a while ago as I wanted to remake it. I used the converter from here http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=588848
            Anyways, thanks for the help, hopefully your information will help on another map I do as I know the steps like the back of my hand now.
            I too having no luck with adding the cue file into the UTMusicMapInfo.

I'm getting a message when I try to press the green arrow to add the Cue file into that says;

"some object assignments failed because of cross-package references."

Any one have that problem?

Oh, BTW LordStrider, great example and step-by-step instructions on this.

This was that other way I had mentioned on my original reply to help FreEp that I was wanting to learn.

Làámßø

Comment

Is your music the same package name as the map? I have yet to see if it will save as an external package. The dozen or so times I've done it under testing was with the package the same as the map (ie: DM-MapName).

Comment

Yes ....Any other thoughts. lol

Thanks,

Làámßø

Comment

dont make me fraps the process

Comment

Originally posted by Làámßø View Post
                    I too having no luck with adding the cue file into the UTMusicMapInfo.

I'm getting a message when I try to press the green arrow to add the Cue file into that says;

"some object assignments failed because of cross-package references."

Any one have that problem?
                    If my package name is same as map name I get that error, If I use a differently named package I can get as far as adding utmapinfo which it just won't do.

Comment

you should not get a error when naming your package to your map name unless you actually have a package named your map name not encoded into your map

Comment

I too had error in some testing if I screwed up and had a package named my after my map prior to actually naming my map. I think things only worked right if I named and saved my map first, then named the package after my map.

Karmatized, I found an example in the sound package A_Music_Godown where they used looping in the cue package. This is how you were talking about doing it right? In this example they (Epic) had no attenuation....not sure why. So I guess I'd say this is the better way to ensure your music consistently streams, otherwise with a short piece, on 16 loops it may stop.

[shot]http://www.stridersrealm.com/Images/godown.jpg[/shot]

This should be a shot of what you were mentioning.

[shot]http://www.stridersrealm.com/Images/attenuation.jpg[/shot]

Conversion Testing

Ok, I took an old UT99 map DM-Fragazoid and used the conversion tool to dump it into UT3. I had no trouble adding BringMeToLife as my sample music. I had no problem adding the "UT Map Music" to the World Properties.

[shot]http://www.stridersrealm.com/Images/fragazoidconversion.jpg[/shot]

Is it possible by chance you have a Beta patch installed?. I did at one time, but reinstalled back to the original as I had an Editor issue that eluded me. I wish I had a answer for you, but I can't get it to fail in some basic examples....sorry. Maybe I could get a hold of your map as is and see what I get?

Comment

I have beta patch 101 installed, need it to connect to one of my servers that is 101 patched due to nat issues. I'll uninstall then reinstall to see if I have any better luck, thanks.

Comment

Ok guys, got mine to finally work. WooT

I'm going to have to do a couple more test to see if my assumption of why it was not working all those times I was trying to get it done when I knew I was doing everything correctly.

If it turns out correct, there are going to be a lot of clans not happy with this finding. I'm talking about having the clan tag in the map name and saving into the "Map" package.

Anyway, I gotta get my game in before it gets to late.

I'll get back tomorrow sometime with some more research on this possible findings.

Laters,

Làámßø

Comment

Good to hear.

BTW I updated the instructions a little to include the looping element, a screenshot of the MaxConcurrentPlayCount and the location of the stock UT3 music if people want to add them to their maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Làámßø View Post
                                If it turns out correct, there are going to be a lot of clans not happy with this finding. I'm talking about having the clan tag in the map name and saving into the "Map" package.
                                Bad news for clans who were use to having there clan tag in the map name as many were made back in 2k3/4.

What I found is that these characters.... (), [], {}, =, ><, /\, ... just to name the more common ones used, will not be able to use for importing music using the UTMapMusic process that embeds the song into World properties as discussed above in this thread.

So for example, these maps from my 04 map folder would not work in UT3 as of now;

DM-(GU)-Detention_Cell-2K6
                                DM-(GU)-Square_Pants_Style-2K6
                                DM-(Ani)-Halloween-A-do-Over-2K6
                                DM-(***)-Looking_For_Saddam-2k6
                                DM-(ReZ)-@@'s-2k6
                                DM-[DaTs]BackYard-2K6
                                DM-Laambo's_BadMoonRising-[IG-2k6]
                                DM-Laambo's_JailBreak_[IG]_-2k6
                                DM-{GOD}-Bedroom

Anyway, I think you get the point here.

Thanks for everyone who added some good posts on this subject. We all learned little more about our new editor and some "Do's" & "Don'ts" along the way. I'm sure we'll discover more in the future as we dive deeper into this awsome program.

Good Luck to Everyone!

Làámßø

Comment

Working...
                                X