No announcement yet.

Adding music and Speedtree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you right click in the empty space and select add utmapmusc, or something along those lines.

But guys you still have to do something otherwise the song will play once.

Right click on your cue file, and edit.

You will get a window much like kismet.

Pull a loop function from the side and break the connections between the speaker and attentuation.

then reconnect each side to the loop. of the speaker and attentuation.

This plus max concurrent count will keep your song playing forever till the match ends.

Comment

Right click the generic browser window and select "New UT Map Music"

Comment

Originally posted by karmatized View Post
        But guys you still have to do something otherwise the song will play once.
        Karmatized are you sure it will play once? I sat through at least three iterations of my song looping....I did not care to wait 16 times as 4 minutes times 16 was well over an hour and I doubt a map would run that long. If it did I might fall asleep.

I'm not doubting you, just inquiring that the concurrent count will not work...I suppose it could be upped from 16 to 32. Then you would be at about two hours a map for 4 minute track. Although I could see a 1 minute track would not work well under this instance.

It would probably make more sense to loop it forever.

Comment

I put earlier "loop" and it doesn't work. Now I make everything what you write and it works perfect, without adding "loop" to cue file :?

Comment

great, well if you run into it where it doesnt start over do the loop, otherwise whatever. i had to do loop for a map.

Comment

LordStrider, unfortunately your method didn't work for me. I followed instructions carefully (a few times) but I have now added an ambient sound for sake of ease. The problem is that when I come to add utmapinfo with the blue triangle it adds nothing. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the fact that I converted a ut2k4 map that I did a while ago as I wanted to remake it. I used the converter from here http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=588848
              Anyways, thanks for the help, hopefully your information will help on another map I do as I know the steps like the back of my hand now.

Comment

az orgy, its probily not showing up because your package check boxes arent allowing it. Select show all referenced and it should show up

Comment

Would that be the show all resource types? because I allready have that checked.

Comment

well your doing something wrong, thats for sure. oh yeah dont name it anything fancy, keep it to one word.

Comment

I believe I am right about it being the converter, I started a new map (from within the editor, no conversion) and was able to use mapinfo and add the same music in the way I tried with the other map. I then converted the same map I tried before again, straight after conversion I tried using mapinfo and it wouldn't let me so I can't add music to it. Unfortunately this seems to be a limitation of the converter.

Comment

I still don't understand trees very much. The UN_Trees package only contains a few death trees. And the speedtree package is something I don't know what to do with Luckly for me death trees was what I did need, and with a blocking cylinder around them its fine (otherwise you could walk through them)... But I like to have some more info for my next map about trees...

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-{OVGY} View Post
                          I believe I am right about it being the converter, I started a new map (from within the editor, no conversion) and was able to use mapinfo and add the same music in the way I tried with the other map. I then converted the same map I tried before again, straight after conversion I tried using mapinfo and it wouldn't let me so I can't add music to it. Unfortunately this seems to be a limitation of the converter.

The converter shoud have zero bearing on the ability to add a package. I suppose it is possible, but it does not seem right. Adding music is not different from importing textures or statics. But the editor being what it is can have little quirks that are usually fixed after a restart.

Maybe after using the converter, build and save the map then close the editor and restart it.

Comment

Originally posted by LordStrider View Post
                            The converter shoud have zero bearing on the ability to add a package. I suppose it is possible, but it does not seem right. Adding music is not different from importing textures or statics. But the editor being what it is can have little quirks that are usually fixed after a restart.

Maybe after using the converter, build and save the map then close the editor and restart it.
                            Tried that, I've also converted some of my other maps to see if they did the same and they did, if I make a map from within the ed though I can use it fine. It seems that for some reason the conversion renders the map info section useless, I can add everthing else fine. It's just when I come to using the mapinfo it doesn't do anything. I click on UTMapInfo and no extra options open and there isn't even any text there.

Comment

Now that is odd. Have you tried clearing the map info box? Then click the blue triangle to recreate the map info?

Comment

Yep tried that, there is no info in it to begin with but tried anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X