Terrain Issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrain Issues.

I looked at this tutorial on terrain and I'm just having texture issues.

Right, I struggled with trying to change the texture on my terrain as when I added it, it was stuck on the default checkered bored texture. Finally I managed to change the texture by adding a layer and having to name it twice. But when I went to add another layer, it wouldn't allow me to paint. So I'm stuck on this changed texture, one I don't want, and not allowed to change the texture, as the paint tool, even when the layer is selected, deselected, or any other selected, just moves the terrain and does not paint the layer on it.

Good thing this is a text map...

try this one, it worked for me.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1457807GDKsCrWG

Comment

Cool, thanks.

Comment

Theres a bug in the UT3 version that requires you to wake up the terrain actor by moving it (the entire terrain) at least once, or expanding it, before painting is fully supported. I will add an update to the tutorial about that shortly.

Comment

This all sounds fair and good. This was just a brief look into terrain and get a very basic idea of it, and I wasn't too concerned with learning it fully yet. I'm going to come back to it later in and learn it in full detail when if I ever start a map that will need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hourences View Post
            Theres a bug in the UT3 version that requires you to wake up the terrain actor by moving it (the entire terrain) at least once, or expanding it, before painting is fully supported. I will add an update to the tutorial about that shortly.
            I'm wondering if there is a bug with heightmap importing. That's the only significant terrain issue I've had.

Comment

Working...
            X