Help! Importing duplicate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Importing duplicate.

So I am in the process of creating a CTF map. This map like many ctf maps is mirrored (the same on both sides. So to achieve this I usually make the basic meshes of one side and then export it, and re-import it spin it around and attach. But I have not been able to do this in UT3. Everything looks like it works fine, but when I "build" my level only the new meshes show up and the old ones don't render. They are there but they don't do anything anymore. If i am exporting this wrong or doing this process the wrong way any and all help would be appreciated!

Thanks
    `Grim

Originally posted by thegrimreaper3 View Post
    So I am in the process of creating a CTF map. This map like many ctf maps is mirrored (the same on both sides. So to achieve this I usually make the basic meshes of one side and then export it, and re-import it spin it around and attach. But I have not been able to do this in UT3. Everything looks like it works fine, but when I "build" my level only the new meshes show up and the old ones don't render. They are there but they don't do anything anymore. If i am exporting this wrong or doing this process the wrong way any and all help would be appreciated!

Thanks
    `Grim
    i map mostly for CTF, ill get one side to the middle close, BSP, Lighting, Meshes, materials. Then i select everything, then while its selected i hold down "ALT" and push to one side with mouse, there you just duplicated everything. i take that copy, click a corner (vertex) to get it on grid and to rotate it around on that corner. I check all the viewports to make sure everything is lined up, then do "build all" and sit and wait.... (and sometimes hope it doesnt crash).

and 9/10 times its there.

Comment

Just tried that. Same problem. The old side that i duplicated from doesnt show up anymore. Thats pretty much the exact method i was doing minus the alt shortcut.

Thanks though. Maybe its something with my map

Comment

Originally posted by thegrimreaper3 View Post
        .... So to achieve this I usually make the basic meshes of one side and then export it, and re-import it spin it around and attach. ...

What and why are you importing and exporting... its not needed.

Comment

Working...
        X