create custom powerup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    If someone finds a way to actually import the code back in to UT3 please share!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    notepad++ is helpful for this stuff. I trying to make a custom pick up for my map too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx for the reply !
    I have edit my post because I have posted my question on the coding section of the forum

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To make a unique powerup you're going to have to code it, then import it into the editor. You can't code in the editor, but fortunately any text program is all you need (say, notepad). Open the generic browser, then File->Export All Scripts.

You'll get a bunch of .uc files under a folder called Exported Scripts. You can open them like a .txt, either rename them to end with .txt or choose open with notepad. Then, take a look around in there and try to find the powerup you want to alter (the search function helps).

When you open the file, it will probably look very complicated. This is because it is very complicated. There's just no way for me to start explaining what you'll have to do, so hopefully you'll figure it out.

After you make all the classes you'll need (and trust me, even if you're changing something simple you'll have to make a few), you'll have to compile it and embed it into your map. I actually don't know how to do that in UT3 yet, so I can't really say, I'm still looking at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
    Hi,

I work actually on a map and I want put some custom stuff inside.

So is there a way to create its owns powerups ?

I have try to make a right clic on the "UTPickupFactory_Berserk" in the actor browser and select "make archetype".
    I obtain a new actor but with the same properties (cannot change the static mesh use, its material, or its sound ...)
    i want to do the same thing for my maps. i'll keep trying different things and see whats happening.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic create custom powerup

create custom powerup

Hi,

I work actually on a map and I want put some custom stuff inside.

So is there a way to create its owns powerups ?

I have try to make a right clic on the "UTPickupFactory_Berserk" in the actor browser and select "make archetype".
    I obtain a new actor but with the same properties (cannot change the static mesh use, its material, or its sound ...)

Any idea?

Thx in advance.
Working...
X