deleting walls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleting walls...

is there any way to 'delete' a wall. what i mean is i've had a cube and subtracted it, but iv now relised that the cube needs to be bigger. how can i go about this?

You can use the geometry mode to alter the brush. Select the second button at the top, in the left section with all the buttons (just hover over it, it should say geometry mode). When you select a brush now (in the 2D views for example), the vertices should be bigger. Now you can hold Ctrl+Alt and drag a box to select several vertices. Then you can move the vertices around by holding Ctrl and holding the left mouse button to make the brush bigger. Then rebuild to see the effect.

Comment

Originally posted by matorme View Post
      is there any way to 'delete' a wall. what i mean is i've had a cube and subtracted it, but iv now relised that the cube needs to be bigger. how can i go about this?
      selected the brush so its highlighted press delete on your keyboard

Comment

that doesnt work ..it deletes in the 3 windows but not in the 3d one (bottom left)

Comment

...sorry didnt realise you had to 'build all'. thanks for ya help

Comment

What Simeon said .

Comment

...sorry didnt realise you had to 'build all'. thanks for ya help
              you don't have to build all, but you do have to build geometry

big difference there !

Comment

thanks I- -I i just realise lol (saves a bit of time eh lol)

..got another point thats bothering me, if you wud be so kind to enlighten me ...wen i create a new cube, say another room, and move it into position to connect with a corridor. sometimes i have trouble getting them on the same level..i go to move the room down so its level with the corridor but it goes 'below' the level...its like it can go one point above and one point below but not on the line i want? lol

an answer will be greatly thankfull, coz all my rooms are like mini steps to get in hehe

Comment

always build on grid, and you can adjust the new bsp room in any viewpoint to line it up.

Comment

thanks I- -I i just realise lol (saves a bit of time eh lol)

..got another point thats bothering me, if you wud be so kind to enlighten me ...wen i create a new cube, say another room, and move it into position to connect with a corridor. sometimes i have trouble getting them on the same level..i go to move the room down so its level with the corridor but it goes 'below' the level...its like it can go one point above and one point below but not on the line i want? lol

an answer will be greatly thankfull, coz all my rooms are like mini steps to get in hehe
                    no problem

it sounds like you have the problem that your grid is set to too large of an amount... so there are 2 solutions to that problem.

1.Change the grid size to a small amount and then line them up... [ not always the best solution ]
                    2. when you click to get the builder brush, click twice, that snaps it to the grid so when you want to line stuff up, it makes it a TON easier.!

Comment

Originally posted by l-_-l View Post
                      no problem

2. when you click to get the builder brush, click twice, that snaps it to the grid so when you want to line stuff up, it makes it a TON easier.!
                      thanks, tat sorted it (cant believe i never tried tat hehe)

Comment

editor wont load my map anymore?
                        i thought it was just a prob with the editor so i opened a real map, no problem... go to open up my map and its goes 'editor stopped working'

Comment

hopefully you have saved often and have many back up copies?

I am working on a CTF map now... and i have i am at about 65 copies at various stages of progession. and i am about 50% done. its one thing you learn about UED.

Comment

i noo, from now on it will be saved numerous times...well spose it wernt rele much, not for you guys :P

Comment

Working...
                            X