What happen to Encroach Damage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    You could use that RB_RadialForce and such actors, but I did not succed with making them work. There was tutorial on VEOH for making that in GOW but i canot find it anymore.

So anybody knows how to activate those RB_something actors, and if they work for plaers or only karma objects. Would be nice to just push player to kill him.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I got this working pretty easy like this:

[screenshot]http://users.telenet.be/detox/causedamage01.jpg[/screenshot]

I know what the Instigator on the event does, it sends the value of whoever the instigator is to a variable. But what does the Instigator on the Cause Damage Action do ?

Second question:

[screenshot]http://users.telenet.be/detox/causedamage02.jpg[/screenshot]

I got this set up, the interpactors are elevator doors that close. One door from the left and one from the right. Does anyone know how I can kill a player that comes between them without using the Interpactor Mover Event ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If anyone still needs an example... I was once crushed by the big vehicle elevator in Sandstorm (the really big one under the bridge).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't see why you are using a Player variable instead of a plain old Object variable. The Player variable is a special variable that should be automatically populated with the correct objects (i.e. the players in the game). The way you are using it, you are overwriting the values of the variable which makes it (I am guessing) act like a regular Object variable. So, that brings me back to my original point. Why not use the standard Object variable in this case? You make your Kismet sequence confusing to read by using a Player variable in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have successfully completed this task/ here is a picture of how I did it.

Pic: removed

Thanks for the posts~!!!

EDIT: I agree with ffejnosliw below this is my revised working.

... More examples if you will..

Originally posted by -=¤willhaven¤=- View Post
    How is the trap triggered? If you want to shoot the mover, it would be set up this way.

It would basically be the same if you wanted to use a trigger.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by pingfreak View Post
    But a question; regarding a switch to activate the 'smasher' how do you set it so the instigator gets frag credit for the kill? BTW, that isn't necessarily true; I have it set to player and as long as i'm not in the 'smasher' mover i'm safe; although, anyone in it's path is killed; I'd like to know how to get the instigator to get credit for the deaths.
    I would think hooking an Object variable to the Instigator links of both the Trigger's event and the CauseDamage action should accomplish this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    But a question; regarding a switch to activate the 'smasher' how do you set it so the instigator gets frag credit for the kill? BTW, that isn't necessarily true; I have it set to player and as long as i'm not in the 'smasher' mover i'm safe; although, anyone in it's path is killed; I'd like to know how to get the instigator to get credit for the deaths.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just found out, small correction:
    use "OBJECT" instead of player for variable
    then connect it to "Instigator" in trigger event and to "target" in cause damage.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you put PLAYER there it will kill YOU every time , even if bot activates it. Looking hot wo kill one who actually touched.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nevermind variable object then player... thanks for this infomation it helped me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How do you insert the player circle?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
    If you connect the same Object variable to the Actor Hit link of the Mover event and the Target of the Cause Damage action, it "should" cause damage to the actor the mover hits.

The Actor Hit link should output a value into the Object variable (notice that it is a triangle-shaped link...this means it writes to a variable).
    thank you... it works..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by heyqule View Post
    ya... you need a way to let it figures which player to do damage.. i'm struggling on this too...

I'm wondering what does Instigator and Actor Hit do..
    If you connect the same Object variable to the Actor Hit link of the Mover event and the Target of the Cause Damage action, it "should" cause damage to the actor the mover hits.

The Actor Hit link should output a value into the Object variable (notice that it is a triangle-shaped link...this means it writes to a variable).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by pixelscope View Post
    Thanks, Cerous, Tonester.
    To further explain things, this is what it should look like:

EDIT. No. That killed ALL players :/
    ya... you need a way to let it figures which player to do damage.. i'm struggling on this too...

I'm wondering what does Instigator and Actor Hit do..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cerous View Post
    Thank you for the idea!

To create Encroach Damage create a mover event in kismet for your mover. I have a prescripted toggle switched wall squasher so i deleted the matinee action. I then created a Cause Damage action. I made a new var player and attached the target (from cause damage) and the actor hit (from the mover event). I then set th damage to 1000 on the cause damage action and set the property in wall mover > InterpActor > bStopOnEncroach off.

IT WORKED!
    Most excellent. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X