Editing already created maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing already created maps

I wantedto know where can i find the CTF map ut3 files and if it i can edit them with the editor.

:0 But That Would Be Hacking! your not allowed to :O:O:O *CALLS COPS*

Comment

You can use the Generic Browser in UED4 to open the .upk files which came with the game. They hold all the static meshes, materials, textures etc. The .upk files are located in...

C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\Environments

Comment

so you guys are saying you cant copy epics maps and add to them?

Comment

What I wanted to do was Take the CTF-Omicron Dawn map and make it a DM map with the scavenger and a darkwalker on both sides

Comment

Its easy, open the map you want to edit. Select everything. Copy. Create new additive map. Paste. Save under a name you want (Dont save over the original) Rebuild so all floors and such are reset correctly. Continue forward to edit the map.

Works in the gears editor so I would suspect it to work in the ut3 one, I havent checked.

Comment

Or just open the map you want to edit, edit it and save under a new name.

Comment

You sure you can do that with a cooked map?

Comment

i found the maps but when i tried to test the map i get rainbow textured floors for some reason and it only appears like that when im actually playing and not in the editor.

Comment

Working...
                  X