Water issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water issues.

It may be just that I have forgotten a lot of UEd3 stuff and I'm trying to remember that and figure out the UE3Ed, but I'm having issues with water at the moment.

Yeah, the water works. But in UEd3, I remember being able to do stuff to the water that I can't seem to find a way to do now, like change the color. I've also heard someone talk about post processing effects that give blurs and so forth when in the water, anyone know how to do these?

I've also heard someone say that Fluid Surfaces have been removed. Anyone know if Dynamic Water is supposed to replace it? If so, how do you put a texture on it?

Any info on the new water in general would be great actually. No one's covered it in tutorials I've seen in much detail.

water is nothing more then a volume with a sheet water texture over it now

Comment

Yeah, that's what I've noticed... I'm hoping there's still ways to do some of the old stuff. Like that one guy I mentioned said, post processing effects. But I don't know where those are :P Because honestly, if the surface of your water is green and you go under and it's crystal clear, something isn't right..

Comment

In UEd 3 you had to also add a volume under the first water sheet.. right?

try that agian. Just add a water volume under the surface sheet and then change the color of the volume.

Comment

The Water Volume brush doesn't have any option for that and there isn't a little added thing to put into the water like there used to be.

I think it's all post processing now. I know it can be done. I jumped into toxic waste in the Deck DM level I believe and everything was all toxic green and hazy. The problem is, I don't know how to access those options yet :\

Comment

open up deck and check out the properties of the liquid..

i would like to know if you figure it out

Comment

::sigh:: Open up Deck? I really would like to know why I didn't think of that myself. Thanks a lot, lol. Now to find it ::digs around:: I'll let you know if I figure anything out, heh.

Comment

Well, I've figured out the post processing for blurring. Volume brushes, PostProcessingVolume or something like that.

Still can't figure out the color change though.

Edit: Nevermind. Figured out the color changes too. XYZ under Scene_Highlights changes color. I assume Scene_Midtones and Scene_Shadows also does as well.

Comment

Working...
                X