X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    When i test my map in the level editor a message comes up saying
    "PLEASE RECONNECT YOUR CONTROLLER. [1]"
    I dont have a controller is there anything i can do other than buying a controller?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hellclown View Post
    uh how does one go about adding a static mesh to one's map?
    There are two way. You first need to select the static mesh in the generic browser, then...

1. Press and hold the "S" key and click where you basically want it in the Perspective viewport.

2. Select a spot, the right click, choose Add Actor, then in the new popup window, select the top entry.

In my signature, there is a list to a bunch of tutorials that might help you since you are new to either mapping or the editor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    uh how does one go about adding a static mesh to one's map?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx (¯°·«èXó»·°¯) and DGUnreal

I made my map with a different package name and it kept crashing the
    game of people i send it too so i hope this was the problem since i didnt
    know this at first

Leave a comment:

• replied
    weird, it wasn't in there, I found it floating around on it's own in the programs list though...

Works now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There should be a shortcut icon for it in your Windows Start Menu/Programs list under Unreal Tournament 3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's a newb question: How do I open the **** editor?

I looked and looked all over, but no one can get me passed the first baby step...

Glad I bought the collector's edition, so I could get a broken DVD to use as a coaster (Ahem... yeah my dvd tutorials don't play )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yup what he said

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You may have to do a Build and Save before it will show up, otherwise if it doesn't show in the Generic Browser from just a first save, the first time you reference the map file name, for example if you create a new Material and use the map file name as the Package, then you will be prompted to fully load the package, say yes, and your map name will then show up in the package list.
    Once you have done the first Build and Save, then whenever you create new resources, such as Materials, TerrainLayerSetups, etc., you can use the drop-down combobox on the dialog to choose your map name for the Package -- all loaded packages including your map file name will show up in the combo list.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    once you haved saved your map, in this case as CTF-noob, you will see a new package in the generic browser with that same name. This is the package you will want to save your custom content into.

1. Save map as CTF-noob
    2. Open Generic Browser and scroll through the list of packages
    3. You should see the editor automatically made a package called CTF-noob

hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DGUnreal View Post
    You are correct. UT3 no longer uses the UT2004 internal package name of "myLevel". In UT3 the internal package name is the actual map name in the Generic Browser.
    So any custom content should be imported into the package that is the map's name. This package will show up in the Generic Browser as soon as you first save the map. Import into this using sorted group names for better organization. Never attempt to save that package that is the same as the map's name separately, you don't have to. The editor can be a bit flakey at times, where the map name package still has an asterisk (*) after it, meaning that it is dirty (unsaved) even though you just saved, and exiting UT3Ed will give a warning that one or more of the package groups is unsaved, these warnings can be ignored.
    So if the level is called "CTF-noob" should the package be named "noob" or "CTF-noob" ???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bumping thread*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DGUnreal View Post
    The same way you did it in UT2004, except that Textures can't be directly applied, you can only apply final Materials to CSG Surfaces, which is like applying a UT2004 Shader.

The currently selected Material is applied to new brushes that you Add/Subtract.
    To change that texture, open the existing UT3 package that has the texture you want, most of the CSG style Materials are in the *_Base packages, select the CSG Brush Surface (it becomes a highlighted color) and click on the Material you want to assign to it.
    Right-click on any surface will bring up the Surface Dialog where you can change the Scale, Rotation and Lightmap Size of the surface. Just like UT2004.

One method is to add another Light but set it to a user-defined channel (called Unnamed_* in UT3Ed) and set the StaticMesh to accept lighting on that channel as well. This is similar to using Special Lit in UT2004.
    Okee Dokee, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SKYFURNACE View Post
    I have a mapping for Dummies over here ->

http://forums.unrealplayground.com/s...ad.php?t=48153

Of collected info. If you don't mind if like to use some your faq's over there. Your more than welcome to.

I always try and give people credit from whom i got the info.

great job!

No problem here its all publicly submited content (be it some i had to find the hard way on my own) and i hope to help others coming over from UT99 or UT2K4 map making with common questions they might have.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [404]Cham3l3on View Post
    Ok, so let me get this straight. I have been trying to make a simple subtractive space in the editor. I create the BSP cube set the thing to subtractive, and subtract it out. How is it that I actually add the material? Do I have to save the *.upk of my choice to the name of my map, and then what do I do? Click on the brush properties? I am lost!
    The same way you did it in UT2004, except that Textures can't be directly applied, you can only apply final Materials to CSG Surfaces, which is like applying a UT2004 Shader.

The currently selected Material is applied to new brushes that you Add/Subtract.
    To change that texture, open the existing UT3 package that has the texture you want, most of the CSG style Materials are in the *_Base packages, select the CSG Brush Surface (it becomes a highlighted color) and click on the Material you want to assign to it.
    Right-click on any surface will bring up the Surface Dialog where you can change the Scale, Rotation and Lightmap Size of the surface. Just like UT2004.

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
    Anyone know how to adjust the Ambient brightness of a static mesh? I cant find the option, and i have some meshes that need lightening with this method.
    One method is to add another Light but set it to a user-defined channel (called Unnamed_* in UT3Ed) and set the StaticMesh to accept lighting on that channel as well. This is similar to using Special Lit in UT2004.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X