No announcement yet.

New to map making.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(relised i couldnt edit my post so this is an adition)

edit: ..iv just managed to import a picture that i want to use as my "material/texture" but its got a red outline..and iv read it needs to be green to use on a wall etc..im guessin this is turning it into a material, how do i go about that, iv tried trial n error n its coming up blank so far lol

Comment

I keep seeing the same 2k4 editor (i know thats not the name) tutorials come up. Haven't anyone made some for the ut3 editor yet =( I cant get the CE so im kinda screwed if not, cause i still haven't found out how to create a single room.

Comment

vertical i had the same problem as you, thanks to this tutorial:-
        http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsue3mated.htm
        i have now made my first room (woot go me lol)
        my problem was turning a texture into a material so it cud be mapped onto a wall etc, this helped...

i do have to say tho, i much prefer the editor that came with 2004, was a lot simpler to use, as far as i've seen there is little if no textures with the game? ..if there is then they are too hidden coz i worked out 70% of unrealEd 2.0 by myself where this must need a real wiz to figure all out lol.. but o well, im moving in the right direction now which is good!...

Comment

Not your fault. We are all here to learn more and help others.

Comment

Originally posted by l-_-l View Post
            I ran into that also, i was pretty good at the UT2K4 editor but that stuff seems to work quite a bit different.!

Did you check 3D Buzz for the New tutorials? I havn't yet, might have to do that. ... of course i got the CE for exactly that reason.... getting the tutorials... check this out it might help you out a bit...

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=587915

LOL im sorry, that link is for UT2K4 tutorial forgot for a moment that the new ed is UED 4

Comment

" I- -I " do you know of any tutorial's for the new unrealEd 4, all iv found is the link i posted for "vertical". (man now im wishing i bought the CE version for that extra couple of quid, just to have those tutorials lol )

Comment

This UEd is very similar. A few things are done a bit differently and that's where you seem to be coming unstuck. You select additive or subtractive geometry at the start, (added just seems to subtract a giant cube for you before you start). Instead of textures, you select a surface and use a material in the same way. These are located in the Environments folder in the main instalation along with statics and other things you can use, arranged in to packages. You may still want to get the "UT3 Bonus Vids" to help but you should be able to do without them.

Comment

Thanks alot mate i think i get it now

Comment

Working...
                  X