No announcement yet.

Howto: Extracting Textures & Custom Crosshairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the thing is, I'm trying to make it light blue, if I only have the alpha channel, when I copy and paste it, it's only black and white. Is this normal, will the color still be there?

Comment

That light blue cross hair is all I want... but I can't get it. It shows up as a dot in game. If you could make that for me, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Comment

I'll see what i can do, i don't have photoshop on my PC anymore, i'll reinstall it and try to create that crosshair for you

Comment

In the meanwhile, i'll explain how'd you can do this yourself
          The alpha channel represents which parts will be translucent, black is 100% transculent, white 0%, and anything in between will be partially transculent, what the RGB channel do is assign a color to visisble part of the crosshair
          Everything that is not partially white will not draw any color

What you can do now is create the crosshair inside the alpha channel, and in the RGB channel create a solid block of the color you want it to be.
          You don't have to set the color within the texture, if you leave the RGB channels white you can work with the settings you have in the Utgame.ini file, i that file there is a setting called CrosshairColor= (R=255 B=255 G=255) changing the numbers will change the color of the crosshair.

Comment

I have the texture ready for you, you will need to create a tpl package on your own

Open this texture in photoshop and see what i did, this texture contains the color you wanted
            if you want to use the .ini method, just remove the color again.
            you can download it here:
            http://rapidshare.com/files/11125441...D041C.bmp.html
            See if this one works.

Comment

This is what I have loaded with the file you gave me. In photoshop, it looks perfect. Perfect circle, perfect dot in the middle, really good. But what I get in game is...not the same

Comment

That is odd, the alpha channel is setup correctly, you can see some of the circle as the two corners above the dot.
                I'll make the circle smaller, maybe that helps, if not it may have something to do with the crosshaircoordinates in the utgame.ini, i'll come back on that later

Comment

Okay, thank you so much. I just wish the crosshair system was such as it was in UTK4...what a horrible decision to no include it, really brought down the game for me.

Comment

try this, if this does not work i don't know any other solution.
                    http://rapidshare.com/files/11243613...D041C.bmp.html

Comment

How do I extract all the textures from the vehicles? I saw a weapon texture pack from this forum site, but no vehicles. Do you know how?

I want to extract and change the vehicle textures and also want spider mine texture too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                      X