UnrealED 3 Tutorials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UnrealED 3 Tutorials?

Is there tutorials for the new version of UnrealED for UT3? Everything I found is for 2k3/2k4. Im newbie here

If you bought the UT3 Collector's Edition, it comes with an extra DVD that has over 20 hours of tutorial on using EVERYTHING in the Unreal 3 Editor.

Videos are by 3DBuzz.com (excellent site by the way). Become a member and check out all the video tutorials for dozens of programs (the Unreal3 Editor videos are not on the site, only with the Collector's Edition).

Comment

you mean almost everything, they didn't cover skies and terrain...

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
        Yeah.. I know

A skybox tut would be nice

Comment

try these http://www.veoh.com/series/HouseofUnreal

Comment

Originally posted by Kpow View Post
            Yeah.. I know

A skybox tut would be nice
            didn't cover weapons either...

Comment

Skybox is very easy! Just a staticmesh you need to add and scale Much better then UT2004 which was a pain in the *** because of the substractive way of things.

Comment

I'm part way through the UT3 CE tutorials. Everything is focused on UnrealED with their included static meshes so far. I'm not sure if any of it covers actually creating static meshes with an external modeler. Speaking of that, I have Blender but just installed XSI Modtool with its ActorX plugin. Was curious if there are any XSI Modtool tutorials for creating and exporting meshes to UT/UT3? I need to figure out one of these!

Comment

I started a subtractive map, because it's what I know..

Now I've just added this static mesh sky, but I have a ceiling. How can I make the ceiling "invisible" so that I can see the sky?
                  as in...no roof

Comment

Take a look to the tutorials of Hourences, very good as usual :

http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsindex.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
                      Skyboxes are no longer used in UnrealEd 3.. they are part of the level. So.. think of Skyboxes as a way of the past.

And for Terrain, check out the UT2K4 tutorials on 3DBuzz.com. That will be enough to understand how to use terrain. Not that hard. You need to figure the controls out and learn what they do.

Comment

Those videos on Veoh cover the Skydome, which is what replaced the Skybox. It's really easy actually, just have to find the .udk (or what ever they're called) with the sky domes. Think in UT3, it's UN_Sky.udk or something. I suppose you could make your own, but that's done and has all the textures and everything already.

My personal problem is dealing with post processing. I haven't found anything on that. The Veoh stuff is all Gear of War and I don't remember swimming in it, so water isn't covered and that's my big deal since I think water being as crystal clear as air is stupid.

Comment

Working...
                        X