Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Map almost finished, only 1 bug and a question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map almost finished, only 1 bug and a question!

Well, my new map is almost finished, but I have one unsolved bug left. The map uses some glass from the un_glass.upk package. I used a wall, and gave it that texture so its double glass. in the editor-pay-mode and viewport it looks perfectly transparant and nice, but when I try the map in the full game, the glass isnt transparant and looks weird. I don't understand why this is, and can't solve it...

Also I wonder how to put custom music in the map, since its very different then UT2004 it seems..

Thats all, when the glass bug is fixed, I will release some screenshots and a releasecandidate, it's a remake of an old map of mine for UT2004 (Fasterfrag-SE) but it's much nicer I called it DM-FasterFrag-ULTIMATE and I've putted alot of work in it.

ahh come on No one knows?

Comment

Leave a 1 unit gap between the glass and the wall or use 2 planes to make it look double.

These are just guesses as I don't have the game yet due to the importer having some problems (I was told that the whole Finland is going to have to live with out UT3 for a while...)

Comment

What does "looks weird" mean?
        Can you show a screenshot of the glass?

Music is added to a map through Kismet.

Comment

This is how it's supposed to look (viewport and editor-play mode are fine)

This is how it looks in the fullgame:

Seems it doesnt load the texture in the real game, since it lookslike the default texture with 16x. Why is that? Is that a security measure so you cant use some packages? I used UN_GLASS.

Comment

Doesnt lookslike a package problem. I dupclicated the texture with the trick to my own level package. Same weird problem...

The only option is to use "walls" since sheets are not solid...

Hopefully someone has the answer

Comment

I have not ran into that issue with any UE3 builds I have worked with over the past couple of years.
              I'm still waiting for my UT3 to show up so I can't look at that package yet.
              A screenshot of the texture and material might help, but that is a pain to do.

Comment

if i remember correctly, you cant look through 2 transparent textures at the same time.. or two LIT transpart textures

one of them..

make sure the glass is UNLIT

Comment

Sounds logical, but why does it work in viewport and editor-play-mode? Anyways, will try to find LIT/UNLIT somehow I don't know what it is exactly (or where to find it) but will search. Will let you know if it worked or not..

Comment

Well, it didn't solved the problem. Lit and UNLIT doesnt exist anymore, but there are options for lighting. I forced the wall not to use any lighting, and that didnt work. It shows me a total black window in the fullgame

Comment

Go into the material or object properties of the glass.. and uncheck bHollow.

This will let the light pass through it and you should see the glass transparent now.

Comment

maybe try using a 2 sided non solid sheet for the glass and then add a blocking volume around it.

Comment

The hollow thing sounds plausible. Will try to do that. And otherwise I will use sheets with a blocking volume. Thanks for helping Think it'll work this time...

Comment

Working...
                          X