force direction volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

force direction volume

I was wondering if you can animate a force direction volume with matinee? I was trying and it of course is telling me in needs to be an interp actor but i was wondering if there was a way.

I have a kill room setup which has a switch that locks a chamber and then opens these blast doors to expose the room to space. I then want anyone stuck in the room sucked out and killed. I figured that if i could use the matinee to move the volume which is waiting jsut outside the blast doors to encompass the whole room that would do it.

Any ideas?

ok i got a little creative here and made it happen, would rather have a more conventional solution if anyone knows one but here is what I did in case youd like to do this too.

I created another version of the blast door as an interp actor and made in invisible but of course set the collision to block all. i positioned it in between the 2 rooms and directly above them. i then created a matinee which first brought the door down to floor level and then swept them on out the airlock. looks sweet. I just need to ad a couple more invisible sweepers on either side of the room as well that way when the side walls come in they will all be forced out the airlock and none of them can click to the side of the door. hehehehe. god i love this game.

Comment

oh and seeing as how i still have the force direction volume sitting outside the airlock when they hit that they just launch straight out into nothingness. adds for a nice touch to the effect.

Comment

Working...
      X