Unrealed3 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unrealed3 problem

I have found a few tutorials on making maps in unrealed but i have a huge problem. All the videos for example make a cylinder then select subtract to build it, when the people on the video click subtract their cylinder then gets a default texture on it, my editor does nothing. Can anybody help me out with this problem?

perhaps your wold is set to additive so go to File>New and select then Subtractive.

however that is spelled xd.

Comment

no it is set to subractive, it makes the yellow box, but there is no default texture that gets added. any suggestions?

Comment

You're probably looking at it in lit mode, try adding a skylight( a subclass of lights) to your level

Comment

I have the same problem, even when I hit build it says that the brush has no texture

Comment

You're not seeing a texture because you are in UNLIT mode. Select LIT mode above the view port and you should see the default checkerboard material/texture.

I've hadn't had any problems with this yet.. works fine.

Comment

yep I have checkerboard now... now to figure out how to apply textures (I've spent the last hour on this one)

Comment

Just select the surface and open the generic browser and find a material and double click it. Or select the material and right click on the surface and choose apply material.

Comment

Yes, and read Hawkwise's post with the emphasis on 'material' because the textures themselves can not be applied (uncheck 'textures' in the browser so they don't show/confuse things) only turn textures on if you plan on making new materials of your own and need to see them (because you make materials using the textures, or can).

Comment

Originally posted by Cryosis View Post
                    yep I have checkerboard now... now to figure out how to apply textures (I've spent the last hour on this one)
                    PFFF Thats nothin , I've spent the last 3 days trying to figure that out

Comment

Working...
                    X