Warfare map making tutorial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Oh, yeah, in market district map, we can move the core up when we control 2 standalone nodes. Can we possibly move a NODE? Well I had this crazy idea. We make 1 prime node that cannot be reached, and 6 standalone nodes, 3 on each base. If one team controls more nodes, the prime node will move to their base. It's like tug-of-war except this is tug-of-warfare.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, no. You don't get it. There IS a node. Or to be exact, there ARE nodes. But all of the nodes and cores are stand alone. So like, 5 nodes and 2 cores, ALL of them are vulnerable. How's that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nodes are needed in warfare maps. Without them the game cannot calculate overtime if it happens. As such the game crashes. It's awesome.

Work arounds for always attackable cores though.

Link up a core to two nodes and those two to the other core. Make one node start as a red node and the other start blue. It'll allow both cores to be shot at from round start. And allow equal overtime draining.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the info. Can't test now, but i'll try. Can we make everything, including cores 'stand alone' nodes? So we can make nothing shielded. Just an idea.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Im not sure it's posted in my tutorial Odedge linked to.

I think but can't guarentee that bNecrisCore defines the blue core. If not as scorch stated the way you link them will have an effect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Handepsilon View Post
    Well, that hadn't cleared up one question, how could you set which core for red or blue? Were they just chosen themselves?
    The first core in the chain of nodes is the Red Core. The last is the Blue Core.

iirc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I haven't built a Warefare map, but you might want to check out this tutorial to see if it helps you out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, that hadn't cleared up one question, how could you set which core for red or blue? Were they just chosen themselves?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Since you guys are discussing WF maps, I figured I'd bring this thread back up.

Where/how do you setup the map of the terrain you see on the upper right when playing the game?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I found out what I was doing wrong. The map title had this character in it : "}" and the editor did not like it. I now need to know how to do the countdown nodes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I made a warfare map but under "mymapinfo" it says none. I click the little blue down arrow and it says UT map info or a UT map onslaught info. Nothing happens when I click either of them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Worked like a charm! Thanks!

Lemme know when you figure out countdown nodes, cause those are sweet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    open up a warfare map and have alook at the world properties.
    Expand 'World Info' then expand 'GametypesSupportedON' choose 'Onslaught'.

Then go to expand 'MyMapInfo', and expand 'UTOnslaughtMapInfo'.
    expand Linksetups >NodeLinks.
    That will tell you how to set it up.
    to get the correct infomation in the slots. select the node or power core, and hit the green arrow to add.

As for the Countdown nodes. I'm sturggling to get them to work.

To spawn vehicles when a node has been created by a team. you dont need to do anything other than place it near the node.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Warfare map making tutorial?

Warfare map making tutorial?

I just got the CE edition of UT3 today, and followed the basic making a DM map tutorial. That worked.

I just don't have any idea of the checklist of things needed for a very basic Warfare map, nor CTF map, for that matter.

For CTF, I guessed:
    -Have CTF_TeamSpawns for both teams, set to team 0 and 1??
    -Have a CTF_RedFlag and CTF_BlueFlag
    That seemed to work ok, but I had problems changing teams. It would just not spawn me. Is blue team 0 and red team 1, or what are those?

Now with Warfare I had much less luck:
    -I made two Onslaught_PlayerSpawns, but I couldn't set a team for them (why is it still called onslaught anyway :P)
    -I also made two power cores, but once again, I found nothing about a team.

Starting the in-editor play mode, I was able to spawn somewhere, but neither of the power-cores spawned...only their light emitters worked.

Working...
X