missing meshes used in tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing meshes used in tutorial

ive been messing with the unreal editor and doing the tutorials but is anyone missing any of the objects that are shown in the movies? for example the fountain dragon in basic level part 2, i dont seem to have that object, is it in a different location or are some of the objects not in the tutorials?

Ditto here, as well as missing materials. I don't have the WoodA01 material. I have the texture, oddly enough, but not the material. I've tippled checked to make sure I'm loading the correct packages as well.

Comment

YES, finally someone else who is feeling my pain lol, it sucks, ive done the exact same things you probably have and i too have the same wood texture but not the material, so at least we arent alone

Comment

Same. The dragon they used for the fountain was missing, but I just improvised.

Comment

I also am missing the materials and textures they use in the Tutorial...

Comment

same here... well I know it's horrible to say but I'm just happy I'm not alone

Comment

Doesn't really matter. The purpose of the tutorial is get you up to speed with the editor. You aren't supposed to follow it exactly anyway . I improised too, in fact, I made the room a couple of days after watching the tutorials so I didn't know things were missing until I saw this thread .

Comment

I am also missing the WoodA01 material and the dragon static mesh. I'm guessing they were removed from the game for some reason between the time the tutorials were made and the time the game went gold.

It's a little annoying but I'm going to continue with the tutorials and just improvise if there's something missing.

Comment

I am missing those as well. I think it's strange that the material is missing but the texture associated with it is still there.

Comment

I noticed it too, but like the others just improvised with things. In the later video's of Kismet and Matinee some materials are not in the package they use, but in an other package. It requires a little bit of fiddling around, but it isn't the end of the world.

Comment

I think i have the answer first i was also a bit confused but it looks like they moved the meshes and materials around a bit after they made the vtms. so if the texture is not in ASC_Walls then look in ASC_Floors or ASC_Walls2. You can find all meshes and textures in similar named packages.

Comment

They are there just not in the packages used in the tutorials. I couldn't find the dragon but I was able to find the textures and other things used further on in the tutorials. Like the stone one used in making the cobble stone floor with moving lava running between the stones.

Comment

Working...
                        X