Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[Advanced] Copying Epic content into other packages

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's funny because it worked fine in Win 7 beta... but I guess it got broken somehow, I don't know. I tried this with Gears PC as well, no go.

Comment

You're failing it's working 100% here. I can duplicate and i have the file located too. So apparently you're doing it wrong.

Comment

i have checked it’s really great

Comment

I've been trying to extract the basic vehicle models that come with UT3 for a project of my friends and I, but I've had no luck.. I hoped this would provide a solution, but it doesn't seem to. I just need to be able to edit them in 3ds max and import them back into the unreal editor.

Comment

There is a .upk extractor tool called Umodel, http://www.gildor.org/en/projects/umodel It's great cuz it also solves anyone having issues trying to export existing UT3 static meshs like basic vehicle models.

Basically, use the "obj savepackage..." command line method to Duplicate everything except textures. For the textures, use Umodel to extract the textures and then hand-import them back into your package.

This method solved an editor crash that was occurring every time I tried to Duplicate some textures of one of the UT3 Weapon packages. Solved by bypassing the Content Browser's "Duplicate" action entirely, heh.

Comment

After I copied Epic content, now whenever I try to go to UED3, it crashed and says that 'UED3 has stopped working'.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace08 View Post
                After I copied Epic content, now whenever I try to go to UED3, it crashed and says that 'UED3 has stopped working'.

If the problem persists, reinstall.

There is one failproof way to export textures. In the generic browser, just double click a texture, and screen-grab it for petes sake. I used this method when I wanted an alternate barrel material. I saw it in the udk, but nothing I did would make it export. So I just screen grabbed the dang thing. Worked fine, too! The map pack that this mat was used in is just about to be uploaded. Check it out in the 'idnewton's map packs' thread along with my other packs (only one so far)

Comment

The word Hax kinda gave it away.

POST #42
                  Location: http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/down...perDXSetup.exe
                  "The requested location contains malicious content, identified as Mal/RootKit-A and was blocked from downloading."

- If this is Viral then ...Admin can you please remove.

- Or am i being too strict with my AV?

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
                    The word Hax kinda gave it away.

POST #42
                    Location: http://www.deep-shadows.com/hax/down...perDXSetup.exe
                    "The requested location contains malicious content, identified as Mal/RootKit-A and was blocked from downloading."

- If this is Viral then ...Admin can you please remove.

- Or am i being too strict with my AV?

It is a powerful program; the rooting may indeed be required for the draw calls interceptions, but I don't know that for certain. It has been my experience that the program works best on Windows XP; so I now have it installed on a separate drive which I use for little else, and suggest you do the same if you need it's functionality and you are running another operating system. I've had it installed on some later versions of windows through the years, and did not seem to get any strange behavior (and my bank,etc are just fine.) Some good AV have the option to interrupt and step through software installations, thus allowing you to disallow questionable registry changes and abort the install, which is something you can try, and still have peace of mind, if you are using an older Windows operating system as your main OS and do not wish to multi-boot.

Comment

Thanks NickG, you seem like a trustworthy character.

Many Thanks for your feedback.

Comment

Working...
                      X