• Show
Clear All

I'm still having trouble exporting a texture

What I do:
    1) Open UE3
    2) Open Generic Browser
    3) Left lower pane, I scroll down to UN_Terrain
    4) I right click on it and select Fully Load
    5) I go to log window and type obj savepackage package="UN_Terrain" file="UN_Terrain.upk"
    6) I go back to UN_Terrain, right click on the texture I want to export, select Export to File..., choose a pretty name, and save it.
    7) I go back to the folder where I saved the texture, and I see nothing.

What exactly am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by IzaFly View Post

What I do:
      1) Open UE3
      2) Open Generic Browser
      3) Left lower pane, I scroll down to UN_Terrain
      4) I right click on it and select Fully Load
      5) I go to log window and type obj savepackage package="UN_Terrain" file="UN_Terrain.upk"
      6) I go back to UN_Terrain, right click on the texture I want to export, select Export to File..., choose a pretty name, and save it.

You're not alone .

Doesn't work for me either.

Comment

Originally posted by IzaFly View Post

Absolutely nothing. The editor doesn't fully work like it's supposed to as this game was rushed out the door way too early. You can duplicate Epic assets to another package but more often than not, the duplicated package will no longer load in the editor once you close it.

Comment

So then I guess there currently is NO way to export a texture.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCobra View Post
            Absolutely nothing. The editor doesn't fully work like it's supposed to as this game was rushed out the door way too early. You can duplicate Epic assets to another package but more often than not, the duplicated package will no longer load in the editor once you close it.
            I have no problems duplicating content and having those packages load in the editor. I can also export textures...just not Epic's textures as it seems they have disabled the ability to do so. I haven't seen much, if anything, that doesn't work in this editor. I'd be interested to hear what you think is not functional that should be.

Comment

I have exactly the same problem IzaFly, and as MrCobra said, duplicating content dont work all the time, for me either on some Textures..

if i want to duplicate the texture "T_UN_Terrain_Sand02_D" in package "UN_Terrain" to my own Package, it works first, but when i try to duplicate the next texture "T_UN_Terrain_Sand02_N", the editor crashs everytime

this still happens after installing the first official patch yesterday... is there any other way to duplicate a texture or do i have to make screenshot of the generic browser and rip the texture out of it?
              man i hope we get an unreal package explorer soon...

Comment

aLeX, I've fixee MANY problems by simply reinstalling UT3.

There is a LOT of weirdness going on that I don't understand. Coupled with the overly complicated file structure...its a bad brew.

Sometimes, things can not be done or happen for no reason. I've had to reinstall UT3 almost 4 times now. currently, I am fortunate I can duplicate materials, meshes and textures without a problem. But I am still unable to export textures, which some say is not currently possible at all.

Comment

I think something like this accidentally happened to the map I was working on, I can no longer load it which really upset me. I wasn't doing anything out of the norm just placing static meshes and what not, when I went to save some message popped up about packages and what not I didn't read it all I just figured what ever this probably won't do anything so I just picked yes to all. Well now I can no longer load my original or backup. I reinstalled the game and that did nothing.

[EDIT]

Nevermind I found the package files it had saved and deleted them, fixed the crash.

Comment

funny i thought many knew bout this stuff
                    ne ways this is good to all those who din knew.

Comment

what is allt he options to choose from in the map editor?

Comment

Thanks ddue, exactly the thread I've been searching for ..... Took me a few dozen crashes to figure it wasn't my fault : /

Comment

Heh, awesome, I was waiting for this, not for anything special, just some tweaks to some of Epics materials for my own maps, thanks

(even though I'm reinstalling AGAIN at the moment because it obviously corrupted some data)

Just a side note, if you're using x86 Vista (don't know if it'll solve issues with any other OS, I just tested this on my comp) and after this trick you find the editor will crash at launch because of an error in kernel32.dll, it's because of some corrupted data in some files in the My Documents folder. To solve this, re-install, AFTER you deleted (after copying over your mapfiles, packages and source to another temp folder ofcourse) or renamed the My Games/Unreal Tournament 3 folder in My Documents. That'll probably save you 7 or more reinstalls because you can't figure out why it won't work.

Comment

try to use the patch 1.1 fot ut3, after i install this patch , it works.

Comment

Originally posted by cannedmushrooms View Post
                              heres an exsample
                              Because that post is very vague

Word of advice to noobs
                              goto
                              C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC
                              What do u mean x86?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace08 View Post
                                What do u mean x86?
                                It's a reference for people using a 64bit OS. Just ignore the x86 part and you'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X