Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audio Files Format supported for import?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Files Format supported for import?

Hi there,
    it seems that Unreal Engine 3 supports .ogg , .mp3 files but it's impossible to import such files in UED4 . any ideas?

Of course i can steal use .wav files but for importing a 3 min music it imports about 35 Mb :S

i'd be interesting to know this also... aswell as a possible way of exporting the music as single tracks

Comment

bump.
      So someone succeeded to import .ogg/.mp3 files? (perhaps it will be fix in future patch (or not?))
      Epic plz tell me which audio files are allowed for import.
      I'd like to import custom sounds music but theres no point of doing that i don't want a 70Mb map.

Comment

WAV files is your only option.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=584973

ala my map using a 44hrz 22krz mono song

Comment

Mono?

Can't say I like this decision, I haven't tried it yet but is there even a setting for encode quality?

Comment

i only did mono to conserve space, dont want 50 meg maps pushing unless they have to.

Comment

Originally posted by karmatized View Post
              WAV files is your only option.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=584973

ala my map using a 44hrz 22krz mono song
              well that really annoying then
              but how did Epic added all the music files then with file size so low?
              i Mean /UTGame/CookedPC/Sounds/A_Music_RomUT03.upk music package is 22Mb and got 7 songs/musics in it so there is probably compression.
              I was happy with UT3 to learn that it supports .ogg and .mp3 but if we can't import them, then well that sucks.

I just would like to know y Epic do not allow us to import .ogg & .mp3.

Comment

Hey guys I just did some tests.

I took 3 mp3 files and converted them to wav, so 4mb became 40 and so on.
                I imported the 3 big wav files in the generic browser for a total of 95mb ,
                leaving the compression quality on 40 in the sound properties.
                Made a very small map and used all 3 music files as ambient and cooked everything.
                Result : MusicTest.upk = 6mb and the map itself about the same size.

Doing the same thing but upping the compression quality to 100 is giving this result :
                MusicTest.upk = 6mb and the map itself 16mb, so only the map size increased.

I guess you just need to work with wav and when you cook your map
                the engine will compress the big wavs into something like ogg or something else.

I could be totally wrong here, but hey...just trying to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Onymega View Post
                  Hey guys I just did some tests.

I took 3 mp3 files and converted them to wav, so 4mb became 40 and so on.
                  I imported the 3 big wav files in the generic browser for a total of 95mb ,
                  leaving the compression quality on 40 in the sound properties.
                  Made a very small map and used all 3 music files as ambient and cooked everything.
                  Result : MusicTest.upk = 6mb and the map itself about the same size.

Doing the same thing but upping the compression quality to 100 is giving this result :
                  MusicTest.upk = 6mb and the map itself 16mb, so only the map size increased.

I guess you just need to work with wav and when you cook your map
                  the engine will compress the big wavs into something like ogg or something else.

I could be totally wrong here, but hey...just trying to help.
                  Thx for this information, i'll try right now.

Comment

its true, i was doing the same thing before, but id advise you guys to stay away from the latest beta, cus you need to cook the map for the files to convert, and you cant cook in the latest beta. its broken, now i gotta break out the cd and reinstall. **** epic

Comment

that's why it is a beta
                      What I'd like to know is if anyone has figured out how the dynamic music works.
                      Because that's probably the real reason there are no visible tracks ...

Comment

Working...
                      X