X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selecting UTKActor with RB-Hinge Actor?

Hi there!
    I'm currently learning to use the physics actors with UTKActors;
    I've manged to convert a staticmesh into a UTKActor but now i want to link 2 UTKActors together so i used the RB_Hinge actor but the problem is that i CAN'T select the 2 UTKActors in ContraintActor1 and ContraintActor2 (RB_Hinge Actor properties->RB_ConstraintActor). I can "Use selection in browser", or "show generic browser". In generic browser i can copy reference of any default actor/texture/staticmeshes,... but i can't copy reference from UTKActor in the level.
    Any idea?
    http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6...ctorspbad8.jpg

I suceeded to key in the UTKActor but that was not very handy.
    I went to UTKactor properties->Object->Name->memorized "UTKActor_2"
    Then i went back to RB_Hinge actor and typed manually "UTKactor_2" in "ConstraintActor1" field .

Comment

Are you sure that solves it ?
      The reason it is missing could be because they are the wrong type/class.
      ie : you should be using a ConstrainedActor instead of a UTKActor ...

Comment

yeah that solves it, it looks great .
        And the good thing is that UTKarma actors work online. (didn't work online with ut2004)
        Now i'm trying to modify the friction but in UTKActor there is no friction field .
        I've just seen it exists PhysicMaterial (or MaterialPhysics whatever) where the friction value can be set but these specialmaterials are only used with PhysicsAsset. (generic browser).
        But in UED4 it's impossible to create PhysicsAsset :S (File->New->No PhysicsAsset ).
        Someone managed to change friction of a UTKActor?

Comment

I think you need to be patient until the rest of the world gets the final version as well
          At the moment I'm thinking that you would change the properties you need in the code instead of in the editor. I can't check that bit myself for obvious reasons.

Comment

Working...
          X