Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

No-More-DemoGuy [Mutator][PC][Updated: March 31 2015]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No-More-DemoGuy [Mutator][PC][Updated: March 31 2015]

Name: NoMoreDemoGuy
    Version: 1.1.0b
    Description: Enables a custom character loading which allows fixing the demoguy bug

This mutator will change the way the character models will be loaded. In this way it
    can load a replacement character for players who use a custom 3rd party character.
    This will fix every demoguy bug.

Features:
    • Custom character loading mechanism
    • No disadvantages for players with custom characters
    • Performance-safe character loading
    • Verifying custom characters server sided
    • Block custom characters of players or bots separately
    • Optionally serversided: Block IronGuard or Krall character models
    • Optionally serversided: Replace custom characters for demo files
    • Clients can change settings independently on their side
    • Clients can change settings by opening UI
    • Full net support
    • Full compatiblity to other mutators
    • Support for own custom 3rd party characters
    • Ingame administration
    • Configurable via UI scene
    • Configurable via Ini file
    • Configurable via WebAdmin (server options)
    • Works for instant action and online games
    • No dependency of any package when playing recorded demos (see Config: bWaitForDemoRecording)

Friendly name: No-More-DemoGuy
    Short name: NMD
    Date: March 31, 2015
    Compatibility: 2.0 or later. Compatible to all mutators/characters
    Size: ~ 1707 KB
    Comment: Better late than never.
    Credits: Epic Games, M^uL/M^vL, TheoRiginal/YourParents
    Coder: RattleSN4K3

Screenshots:
    In-Game UI (Client: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5, Admin: #1 )

Config scene (#1 #2 #3)

Misc:
    Manual Loading Dead Loading Special console
    WebAdmin interface (#1 #2 #3 #4)
    Demonstration (Link):

Changelog:
    v1.1.0
    • New: Check for missing characters on death repeatedly
    • New: Check for missing characters ingame repeatedly
    • New: Ingame server settings administration with UI or console
    • New: Verifying character parts commands, list bad parts and ability to clear UTCustmChar.ini config
    • New: Action to do nothing if verification failed (also default option)
    • New: Show verified information about other players in UI (characters tab)
    • New: Auto-completion for special ingame console (with helping messages)
    • New: Auto-completion navigation to select console commands
    • New: Keybinding for admin menu and console
    • New: Custom keybinding console command to bind special actions to keys
    • New: Custom un-binding console command
    • Changed: Showing proper message for being forced to spec in host/standalone games
    • Changed: Several code optimizations
    • Changed: Localized key buttons in UI (insteda of names)
    • Changed: Dumping config includes key bindings
    • Fixed: Images alignment/scale in Welcome page
    • Fixed: Option list not focussed if welcome page is not shown
    • Fixed: Verification of parts failed if characters add parts to existing groups
    • Fixed: Missing localization strings for german language
    • Fixed: Menu can be opened multiple times
    • Fixed: Dialog message for duplicate key binding
    • Fixed: Option list not focused when welcome page not shown
    • Fixed: Several typos

Download:

NoMoreDemoGuy_v1.1.0_Beta.zip [384 KB] (including screenshots [5,360 KB])

Read the Readme file for more information.

Older versions:

Questions/Answers:
    • Will it affect my profile character?
      The mutator won't change or touch your profile character.
    • Will it affect my profile settings?
      The mutator does not change any setting. However, you can modify non-mutator settings within the in-game menu. These will affect the original UT3 settings.
    • Is the mutator compatible to ...?
      This mutator is not replacing anything so it should be 100% compatible to other mutators.
    • What happens if another user has a custom character?
      If another player has a custom characters which you don't have installed on your computer, a replacement character will be loaded. This replacement character only uses original UT3 assets and will be available for all players and you.
    • What happens if I have a custom character?
      By default, the mutator always loads the custom character for your own player. You can change which character should be loaded by the settings.
    • I don't own a beefy computer. I cannot load all the playing characters. What happens then?
      The mutator has the option to load only cached character. This can be set in the menu with "Prefer cached characters" (config: bPreferCachedChar=true). The mutator will attempt to load existing characters first to reduce the amount of used memory.
    • Does it work for demos?
      Demos are fully supported. By default, the package is not transferred into a demo file so the client packages does not need to be installed to run a demo. However, servers can change when to load the client package. This might add a dependency of the client package to the demo files.
    • What characters are shown in demos?
      Any custom characters are replaced (by default). If the client package is transferred into the demo file ('Wait for recording'-setting), the mutator will be loaded when the demo is played back. In that case, custom/replacement characters will be loaded by the mutator script.

wow great dude! thsnks for your effort for making this interesting mut, what a pity Epic did not fixed this bug, again thanks!

Comment

Thanks DarkSonny.

I guess Epic didn't want to fix that bug as it would break the concept of custom characters. That's why I added a 2nd character which will be used as a workaround of missing 3rd party charactere for a client. This 2nd character consists only of stock assets.

Wow. Someone must hate me. 1-star rating without proper feedback.
      Show your face instead of rating every thread of mine.

Comment

Rattle you are a machine! I wish this came out a few years ago.

And dear god don't worry about the damn star rating! I stopped looking at that after one of my map thread ratings got hosed after I edited the first post.

Comment

I didn't know this existed until to today.- at this moment i do not have time to d/l and test.
          Ill give you a +1 if it's so important to you.

Why is there no feedback here?

p.s.
          dl says beta but your in the finals section... is it final?

Comment

I really appreciate any feedback, negative or positive.

The mutator is only tested by myself several times. It's still beta to ensure that it might not be fully free of bugs. That's where and why feedback is important. At this state of the game, I don't see a reason in splitting up the releases. Also, it's "Full releases" and that's what I provided with the mutator . The current version is beta but ready to be used. I don't intend to work on it for the moment (only for bug fixes). There are still some milestones for an possible upcoming major release but I wait and see how the mutator is received by the community.

Rating in general does not help anyone. It's a nice indication for a quick evaluation of someone's work but proper feedback saying what's good/bad on that mutator would help more. Most of my currently published mutators are very complex and none of them are sort of gameplay mutators (that's what most people imply by reading "mutator"), so it might confuse many people of how to get it to work. Also, this mutator might not even be recognized if "Allow custom charactets" and "Always load custom characters" of the UT3 settings are both set and no other player has a custom character. In that case, the mutator won't replace any character, so it's not even noticable if the mutator is doing anything.

A quick note: This mutator is not working as a client script solely, so servers have to actually install this mutator to prevent the DemoGuy-bug from happening .

Comment

I can't believe it... Someone did it! Someone fixed the demo guy bug! Man, you're a hero - no sarcasm

Plus it's just a mutator, no complicated stuff to edit in data files... Excellent work, and thank you!

Comment

Updated the mutator. This version optimized several parts of the mutator including the verification part where players could have been forced as spectator even if the character parts are not modified, the auto-complete feature for the console has been improved which now shows possible entries on input. The main addition of this version is the in-game administration (for clients).

Changelog v1.1.0:
                • New: Check for missing characters on death repeatedly
                • New: Check for missing characters ingame repeatedly
                • New: Ingame server settings administration with UI or console
                • New: Verifying character parts commands, list bad parts and ability to clear UTCustmChar.ini config
                • New: Action to do nothing if verification failed (also default option)
                • New: Show verified information about other players in UI (characters tab)
                • New: Auto-completion for special ingame console (with helping messages)
                • New: Auto-completion navigation to select console commands
                • New: Keybinding for admin menu and console
                • New: Custom keybinding console command to bind special actions to keys
                • New: Custom un-binding console command
                • Changed: Showing proper message for being forced to spec in host/standalone games
                • Changed: Several code optimizations
                • Changed: Localized key buttons in UI (insteda of names)
                • Changed: Dumping config includes key bindings
                • Fixed: Images alignment/scale in Welcome page
                • Fixed: Option list not focussed if welcome page is not shown
                • Fixed: Verification of parts failed if characters add parts to existing groups
                • Fixed: Missing localization strings for german language
                • Fixed: Menu can be opened multiple times
                • Fixed: Dialog message for duplicate key binding
                • Fixed: Option list not focused when welcome page not shown
                • Fixed: Several typos

Check the first post for the download and updates.

Comment

Sounds like this update will fix the problems I was having? Will check it out and let you know.

Comment

Yes but also no. This update won't fix anything by default but it also won't force anyone to spectator by default (what it happend in your case). By default, this mutator only checks for modified character parts but doesn't do anything if character parts are modified (/corrupt). Whether a specific player has verified character parts (or not) is listed in the "Players" tab.

But yes, the previous version was missing a specific case for parts so the verification failed more often than it should (like if custom characters do install parts in addition to a known family where the mutator would fail verification if that PartId is unknown). It should all be fixed now and run flawlessly.

Yeah, let me know if problems exist.

Comment

Working...
                    X