Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Retreat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Retreat

Name: Retreat
    Game type: DM / TDM
    Version: 1.0
    Players: 2 - 8
    Requirements: UT3 + patch 2.1 + Titan Pack
    Story / Histoire:

Away from everything, except enemy, fight to survive...

En retrait de tout, à l'exception d'adversaire, battez-vous pour votre survie...

[screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/dm-retreatstinger.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/dm-retreatsniper.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/dm-retreatshock.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/dm-retreatpickups.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/dm-retreatmiddle.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/dm-retreatlink.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/dm-retreatjumpad.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/dm-retreatflak.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/dm-retreatenforcer.jpg[/screenshot]

Downloads:

GoogleDrive (main), MediaFire (mirror)

Installation:

Extract the archive into “My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps” directory. If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it. The archive contains :

DM-Retreat.ini
    DM-Retreat.txt
    DM-Retreat.ut3
    DM-Retreat_LOC_int.upk

Details:

Retreat is my last map for UT3, hence the map name. Mapping for UT3 was a cool experience but now, I’m back to playing

Features:

- Custom music
    - Custom textures

hey steve great to see another ut3 map! it does looks very well done!
    You could publish this map in the new forum ut series section maybe you can gain more visibility in this map. By the way the download link is wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
      hey steve great to see another ut3 map! it does looks very well done!
      Hi m8

THX

You could publish this map in the new forum ut series section maybe you can gain more visibility in this map. By the way the download link is wrong!
      I saw there are a sections for older UT's but I don't see the interest of posting the map there. The dwn link doesn't work because the map isn't final yet so there is no down Should be available in ±2 weeks and at least the thread will be already created.

Comment

WHAT?! New map by stevelois!!! Holy moly, I love it, hehe! No seriously, I really like the design of this map and so far it looks very promising and I can't wait to get my hands on it, so to speak. Also, by taking a closer look at these screenshots, it seems like this map got a nice lighting, somehow vivid and saturated. Gimme gimme gimme this map!

Nevertheless, kinda sad to see and to know, this is "probably" your last map for UT3, because I love your maps. I mean, it is always a pleasure to see, what jumped out of your mind and you brought it to life, e.g. in UT3. What's your plan for the future, if I may ask? Despite that, I'm looking forward to this map, once it is done and available.

Keep up the good work and have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis 'Shadowgod' View Post
          WHAT?! New map by stevelois!!! Holy moly, I love it, hehe! No seriously, I really like the design of this map and so far it looks very promising and I can't wait to get my hands on it, so to speak. Also, by taking a closer look at these screenshots, it seems like this map got a nice lighting, somehow vivid and saturated. Gimme gimme gimme this map!
          Hé hé, THX my friend

Nevertheless, kinda sad to see and to know, this is "probably" your last map for UT3, because I love your maps. I mean, it is always a pleasure to see, what jumped out of your mind and you brought it to life, e.g. in UT3. What's your plan for the future, if I may ask? Despite that, I'm looking forward to this map, once it is done and available.

Keep up the good work and have fun!
          It's always nice to see people showing interest in what you do and your one of my best supporter m8 Seriously, this is my last map for UT3 and I don't intent to learn UE4 neither simply because I don't have time for mapping anymore. I'll play maps only, not making them. Beside, a morron already vote 3 stars for this WIP thread, talk about encouragement for a already dead game lol.

THX for your support m8 and the final should be release in ±2 weeks.

Comment

These comments are not like your normal attitude but i bet your work is still of the usual high standard .

It is difficult for people to comment/ show interest in your work when we know that waiting until the final version is the best idea, no point giving you advice on what you already know and alot of what i say goes missed anyway.

People do appreciate your stuff Stevelois but remember when you joined, some of us didn't get the feedback you did when we joined & never have, Count yourself lucky for being a part of it and receiving feedback when you did, thanks for your time and effort.

looking forward to the Halloween re-TREAT

Comment

I agree with tbks, you should map if you want really, and most important, do it with love, don't do maps for others (this is partially true but...I think if you think constantly to mapping for people you will not enjoy what are you doing you could be leaving away your happiness) but dude, enjoy what you are creating.

This is the main reason Epic released for public the unreal editor: For people who love to create stuff. Mate, I would love to see you mapping again for netx ut ( it would have been cool if you were to participate in the next and future ut, you dont know how the current ued had evolved since ut99 came out to life, even you are creating content the editor can autobuild instantly, to mention some feature like this kind of stuff I'never had seen since long time many goodies is in the current ued 4.4) with your clean style and good use of textures and lighning is what make a mapper ( beside the ability to create custom content or not, thats is something else) recognized apart from your good comprehension (this is key!) in gameplay ( all items and weapons does have a very good placement at all).

Take a rest, do a journey, know pretty girls, whatever you want, and when new ut got released you would be fresh and with energy to participate in the party dude! and remember enjoy yourself what are you doing, let us enjoy your work . Thanks for your great effort. Think about it when Epic releases the next ut. I will wait you hey! hahaha

Comment

Hey Steve, I'm surprised to see this map come out. It looks like a fun layout - possibly a little too dark for my old eyes but I'll give it a whirl when you put a link up.

Really sorry to hear you won't be mapping for UT4. You could probably port several of your maps over to UT4 and they will get much more play over the next few years. The community certainly could use your talents.

I understand how you feel, not having enough time. I'm still in denial that I really don't have enough time to map any more and I'm still hoping to do some for UT4.

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
                  These comments are not like your normal attitude but i bet your work is still of the usual high standard .

It is difficult for people to comment/ show interest in your work when we know that waiting until the final version is the best idea, no point giving you advice on what you already know and alot of what i say goes missed anyway.

People do appreciate your stuff Stevelois but remember when you joined, some of us didn't get the feedback you did when we joined & never have, Count yourself lucky for being a part of it and receiving feedback when you did, thanks for your time and effort.

looking forward to the Halloween re-TREAT
                  THX

For this map, I simply made the thread so people will get an idea of what will be my last map. If I would like to receive feedback, a pre-final thread would have been made. I don't expect "testing" feedback because it will be the only and final version except if there is a huge bug I can release a 1.1 version. About feedback, I've gave much more than I receive. It's not even comparable. I don't count myself lucky since I've receive much less of what I've give to the community. This is another subject.

I'll be happy to share this map and to continue to give feedback to the UT community. It as already started for UT4 since it as been announced. Will surely see ya on UT4 forums

Originally posted by DarkSonny07 View Post
                  I agree with tbks, you should map if you want really, and most important, do it with love, don't do maps for others (this is partially true but...I think if you think constantly to mapping for people you will not enjoy what are you doing you could be leaving away your happiness) but dude, enjoy what you are creating.

This is the main reason Epic released for public the unreal editor: For people who love to create stuff. Mate, I would love to see you mapping again for netx ut ( it would have been cool if you were to participate in the next and future ut, you dont know how the current ued had evolved since ut99 came out to life, even you are creating content the editor can autobuild instantly, to mention some feature like this kind of stuff I'never had seen since long time many goodies is in the current ued 4.4) with your clean style and good use of textures and lighning is what make a mapper ( beside the ability to create custom content or not, thats is something else) recognized apart from your good comprehension (this is key!) in gameplay ( all items and weapons does have a very good placement at all).

Take a rest, do a journey, know pretty girls, whatever you want, and when new ut got released you would be fresh and with energy to participate in the party dude! and remember enjoy yourself what are you doing, let us enjoy your work . Thanks for your great effort. Think about it when Epic releases the next ut. I will wait you hey! hahaha
                  Héhé

Mapping is a cool experience. But now, I'm not motivated anymore to map beside I don't have the time anymore for mapping. I'm looking forward playing UT4

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                  Hey Steve, I'm surprised to see this map come out. It looks like a fun layout - possibly a little too dark for my old eyes but I'll give it a whirl when you put a link up.

Really sorry to hear you won't be mapping for UT4. You could probably port several of your maps over to UT4 and they will get much more play over the next few years. The community certainly could use your talents.

I understand how you feel, not having enough time. I'm still in denial that I really don't have enough time to map any more and I'm still hoping to do some for UT4.
                  Hey Martin

Well we'll see if someone ask for my maps. Porting them to UT4 would be awesome indeed but I doubt it will be done by me!

Comment

Just to mention that the final should be release in few hours

Comment

The final version is now available

Hope that everyone will enjoy my last map for UT3!

Enjoy, have fun

Comment

Many thanks !

Comment

Congrats Steve! I'm still holding out hope you will map for UT4. The UE4 editor is so nice to use. I'm sure you could work wonders with it. Well, take a break for a while and come back well rested.

Comment

Originally posted by LordBret View Post
                            Many thanks !
                            Your welcome

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                            Congrats Steve! I'm still holding out hope you will map for UT4. The UE4 editor is so nice to use. I'm sure you could work wonders with it. Well, take a break for a while and come back well rested.
                            THX Martin

Indeed it will be a long break

Look like this thread as been viewed 640 times & since the map is available, only 2 peoples made comments, geeeez ^^...

Comment

Finally...finally I took the time to take a closer look at your latest map! I know, your map has been out for a couple of weeks, but I was too busy with playing Unreal games, Borderlands TPS and reading news. Nevertheless, let's jump right in and allow me to do a little bit of "talking", so to speak.

First of all, you know, that I'm a big fan of your maps and you always kind of "push the limits", which makes your maps unique and awesome. Totally off the charts! Despite that, DM-Retreat is really a good map, not only by having a nice and clear visual style, but also in point of game play, this map is very enjoyable and the music fits perfectly to the whole style of this one, but more on that later.

Let's talk a little bit about the visual quality and style. In general, this map looks beautiful! I mean, the lighting is well saturated and not too dark or bright, it is perfect. Regarding this, you did also a good job on using Bloom, because I'm not a fan of ridiculous use of the Bloom effect, like it is in many nowadays games, especially when Bloom blocks the view and detail. Despite that "Bloomy business", I really love this industrial, futuristic and spacey look of your map, because it is just exactly my style. Regarding this, you also used a lot of custom textures, which look very good, nice resolution and great quality and by using these textures, you achieved a wonderful visual ambience.

Enough of visual stuff, let's talk about game play and the layout. First of all, I love Death Match, still remember the first time when I played DM in UT, it was marvellous. Good memories. Anyway, I did some matches with a different amount of bots, in order to figure out, what might be "normal" or to "chaotic". If you play with 1-5 bots, it is actually pretty relaxing, but with 6-8 bots (more than 8 bots equals madness), there can be a lot of respawn killing and it can be a little bit chaotic, but that's just my impression. Also, I played with average bots, because playing versus masterful bots all day long, oh well, sometimes I like to relax. If you consider the layout of DM-Retreat, you realise there is not that wide open area/movement available. This map consists of many narrow corridors and halls, only the Flak Cannon area is a little bit bigger and provides more room for movement, but that's no negative aspect of this map. Actually by having such a narrow map, game play can be quite interesting and funny. I mean, it's easier to kill someone with a Rocket Launcher, Flak Cannon or Shock combo, but at least in theory. In reality, it is of course more complicated. However, you should also consider the fact of not having problems with narrow areas. I mean, someone who suffers from claustrophobia, won't be enjoying this map so much, even when this is a good one, but that's just some trash-talking.

All in all, you really did a good job on this map and I really enjoy your latest map and it is the same thing about all your maps. Kinda sad to see this is your last map for your UT3, but that's life. However, I hope to see you soon in the Unreal world again, because you got talent and you know the drill.

Also I took the liberty to take some lovely screenshots of your map, because I like this one very much. The most enjoyable part of your map is that skybox/sphere/heaven, whatever you want to call it. I love watching at the stars, dreaming and imagining things.
                              [screenshot]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x183/VaLkyR_Anubis/UT3_DMRetreat_2_zps3dc72613.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x183/VaLkyR_Anubis/UT3_DMRetreat_3_zpse56fdade.jpg[/screenshot]
                              [screenshot]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x183/VaLkyR_Anubis/UT3_DMRetreat_4_zps7b0e1122.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x183/VaLkyR_Anubis/UT3_DMRetreat_1_zpsd630918d.jpg[/screenshot]

By the way, why didn't you finish this map? Just wondering.
                              [screenshot]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x183/VaLkyR_Anubis/UT3_DMMariane_1_zps1d62ca3d.jpg[/screenshot]

Keep up the good work and stay healthy!

Comment

Working...
                              X