No announcement yet.

[Weapon] Quake Railgun (V1.2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried this weapon with the Quake 4 Quad Damage mod and it crashed while the game was loading the map.Did not check the log file.I mentioned about this here at moddb.com.

Comment

Originally posted by maxdamage View Post
      Tried this weapon with the Quake 4 Quad Damage mod and it crashed while the game was loading the map.Did not check the log file.I mentioned about this here at moddb.com.

Looks like the problem is just a question of update, because i ran both versions with the Railgun and the log didn't even show a single warning about it, maybe you are using a older version of the quad mutator, by what i found in the forums this is the final version https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...d-Damage-FINAL

Comment

Originally posted by Revilution View Post

Looks like the problem is just a question of update, because i ran both versions with the Railgun and the log didn't even show a single warning about it, maybe you are using a older version of the quad mutator, by what i found in the forums this is the final version https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...d-Damage-FINAL

Will download and try.

Thanks.

Comment

Already have the latest version of the Quake 4 Quad Damage and still crashes when loaded together with the rail gun.Here is the UT3 edited error log:
          Code:
          Log: Log file open, 12/13/14 16:34:55
          Init: Version: 3797
          Init: Compiled: Mar  3 2009 09:00:27
          Init: Base directory: C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\
          Init: Character set: Unicode
          Log: Deleting old log file Launch-backup-2014.12.13-16.34.55.log
          Init: Computer: Maxdamage
          Init: User: maxdamage
          Init: OS stats:
          Init: 	Windows Vista Service Pack 2
          Init: Memory stats:
          Init: 	Physical: 1789MB
          Init: 	Virtual: 2047MB
          Init: 	PageFile: 3829MB
          Init: CPU stats:
          Init: 	MeasuredPerformanceTime: 833.111 (stored result)
          Init: 	Hyperthreaded: 0
          Init: 	NumProcessorsPerCPU: 1
          Init: 	NumLogicalProcessors: 1
          Init: 	NumPhysicalProcessors: 4097
          Init: 	MaxSpeed: 2100
          Init: 	CurrentSpeed: 2100
          Init: 	CoresPerProcessor: 4097
          Init: 	Manufacturer: AMD
          Init: 	CPUName: AMD Turion 64 Mobile
          Init: 	L1CacheSize: 64
          Init: 	L2CacheSize: 512
          Init: 	Architecture: x64
          Init: GPU stats:
          Init: 	VendorID: 000010DE
          Init: 	DeviceID: 00000845
          Init: 	DriverVersion: 8.17.12.6658
          Init: 	DeviceName: NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G
          Init: 	DriverName: nvd3dum.dll
          Init: 	PixelShaderVersion: 3
          Init: 	VertexShaderVersion: 3
          Init: 	VRAMQuantity: 256
          Init: 	DedicatedVRAM: 241
          Init: 	AdapterCount: 1
          Init: 	SupportsHardwareTnL: 1
          Init: 	GPU DeviceID not found in ini.
          Log: Initializing FaceFX...
          Log: FaceFX initialized:

Log: Missing cached shader map for material PointDistortion
          Log: Missing cached shader map for material Railgun_Beam
          Log: Missing cached shader map for material WaveDistortion
          Log: Missing cached shader map for material WP_Railgun1P_Blue
          Log: Missing cached shader map for material WP_Railgun1P_Red
          Log: Missing cached shader map for material WP_Railgun3P_Blue
          Log: Missing cached shader map for material WP_Railgun3P_Red
          Log: Missing cached shader map for material WP_Railgun_Ammo
          Log: Bringing up level for play took: 33.452711

Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
          Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
          Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
          Exit: UALAudioDevice::ShutdownAfterError
          Log: Shutting down FaceFX...
          Log: FaceFX shutdown.
          Exit: Exiting.
          Exit: Name subsystem shutting down
          Uninitialized: Log file closed, 12/13/14 16:40:13
          Turns out for whatever reason the weapon replacement mutator was activated and as a result caused the game to crash during the loading of a map when both the rail gun and quad damage mutator were activated as well.Otherwise I can load a map with just the rail gun or the quad damage mutator at the same time with the weapon replacement mutator.Problem fixed... Weird!

Comment

Still by this log you are showing, theres no problem with scripts yet, what appareantly looks like it's the materials not being cached properly, i can't see a way of what is causing the crash in your game other than this material issues which isn't supposed to do this, however if you found a way to circumvent the issue, alright then.

Comment

Originally posted by Revilution View Post
              Still by this log you are showing, theres no problem with scripts yet, what appareantly looks like it's the materials not being cached properly, i can't see a way of what is causing the crash in your game other than this material issues which isn't supposed to do this, however if you found a way to circumvent the issue, alright then.
              Sorry about the log.I had to remove a lot of the info so the post would post.I should be able to replicate the crash and I could email the log as an attachment so you check it out and see what it wrong.Like I mentioned it must have been the weapons replacement mutator combined with the rail gun and quad damage mutators which cause the game to crash during the loading of any map.

[edit]I was able to get the game to crash by loading the weapons replacement mutator,rail gun mutator and the quad damage mutator together.Got a copy of the log file.Could the reason why the display on the rail gun is not working\loading due to the cache for the rail gun not loading properly or have you not implemented that feature yet?

Thanks.

Comment

Great mod, having lots of fun with it, thank you very much for providing it. Only one thing bothers me though :

I am running in 1920x1200 and the weapon model gets clipped. I can only see the top half when picking up the railgun. I am using foxmod 0.8 in order to display the other weapons correctly and adjust the FOV for widescreen operation.

Is there anything that can be done in order to display it correctly in 16:10 / 16:9 aspect ratios ?

I mean it's a really neat model, it's a shame the widescreen leads to incorrect weapon FOV display.

Also, maybe just meaybe a spiral effect (reminescent of quake 2, kmquake 2, or maybe the gladiator strogg from Quake 4 can be added ? ( it would be awesome IMO).

Thank you again for the great work Revilution !

EDIT: This only happens in the 1.2 version. In the 1.1 Version the railgun model is displayed correctly.

Comment

That is intentional, from V1.1 to V1.2 i adjusted the model on screen because the visor shows nothing so theres no point in seeing it on first person, and i think the weapon showing this way gives it a more sensation of power when holding it instead of look like a "short" weapon in HUD since all weapons on the game covers a noticeable percentage of the player's screen to give a feel of power when holding them, if you check some posts above, i posted a screenshot showing the weapon this same way on first person.

And well, the spiral effect exists in ALL Quakes including Quake 3, ET:QW and Quake Live themselves, in Quake 3 it's just turned off by default, however it's not possible do that spiral effect properly by only using tracers on Unreal.

Comment

Thank you for your answer and clarifications! I understand your point of view, but I like it more like in v1.1 :P (no offense). If I need to play instagib I can just quickly switch to 1.2. Anyway, if you were to make another release you could add the option to choose between the 1.1 and 1.2 weapons FOVs, depending on player preferences.

Another suggestion give the user the option to choose the color of their rail effect if a spiral is not easily implementable.

Again, great work, great addition !

Comment

Working...
                    X