• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Weapon] Quake Railgun (V1.2)

Name: Quake 4 Railgun
    Version: 1.2
    Compatibility: Any version (i think)
    Description: Well, it's the Railgun, theres nothing to say about her.
    Comments: This weapon is a bit overpower in UT universe.
    Screenshots:

Spoiler

Credits: Raven Software for create Quake 4 and Epic Games for create the Unreal Tournament series.
    Download: MediaFire

wow I didn't know that you play this game too, that's awesome, and if you can ripp 3d models from other games like Hunter's Moon project, there's a world of posibilities on this advanced engine, how many people just dream with a crossover between Unreal and Quake??? wow, no words... honestly, you are a hero...

Keep on it man, I'm still waiting for new updates in Hunter's Moon to play with my friends and show your mods to the world...

Comment

The packages is broken. You are referencing "ResizeSND". You can also see a problem with it. In the video above, you can see a missing texture each time you the beam hits a wall.

Technical note:
      WP_RailGun_Impact is not referencing a material for DistortWave.

100 damage is a bit overpowered as you already mentioned

I also worked on a RailGun. Not as a separate weapon as you but included in a mutator which features an Adrenaline-like system. The RailGun was a combo you can activate to get that special weapon with limited ammo.

Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
        The packages is broken. You are referencing "ResizeSND". You can also see a problem with it. In the video above, you can see a missing texture each time you the beam hits a wall.

Technical note:
        WP_RailGun_Impact is not referencing a material for DistortWave.

100 damage is a bit overpowered as you already mentioned
        Oh, thanks for the tip, if i was supposed to find that bug i will never do, i took that particles from the packge of my other mutator, going fix it.

Nice to see that i wasn't the only one who tried bring Railgun to UT, but tbh i think yours can be more annoying in a match with vehicles than the regular 100 damage she supposed do in Quake, but you allow it to be useable only in Adrenaline which makes a balance already.

And Diego, one thing at once, i keep Hunter's Moon limited to id Software's games to make it consistent only between that, mix Unreal on that can cause several balance/visual theme issues.

Comment

Done with the fix, i also modified a bit the AI usage and included a own pickup sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Revilution View Post
            i keep Hunter's Moon limited to id Software's games to make it consistent only between that, mix Unreal on that can cause several balance/visual theme issues.
            LOL You don't understand me, my english is very bad haha... I'm saying that the idea of mixing games would be nice on this UT Engine, because id Tech1 is very limited in comparison, and the Q4 weapons are very similar to UT3, in graphics and animation. If there's a future crossover, it should be with Q4 Weapons.

Thanks for all the dedication.

Comment

Works nice. Plays nice. Nice weapon.

But... one minor thing...
              You should also write the weapon names, ammo names and kill message (and maybe even the mutator for uncached versions) hardcoded into the code. Otherwise, people who will download the weapon won't have proper names they just see "Weapon" and "Snagged an item" etc. This makes the INT file quite irrelevant but it can be used for translations.

Comment

I know what you mean, but hardcoding it as a fixed message will not force it show in english for other languages? if thats the case i prefer leave as this way because then it is possible to make the right translations.

Also, i rarely saw someone playing UT3 in other language than in english, Diego was one in months that i saw, and personally i prefer the eng voice act than others, in exception of the german, they sounds nice too.

This will have a final update yet, i still need do the icon for Weapon Bar in HUD and fix a bit more the position on screen to fit it better also do some AI usage tweaks (because bots is bots, they are stupid).

Diego, you mean bring Hunter's Moon to Unreal Engine 3?, if that is the case it will not happen, i can do all the job in Doom engine, but in UE3 it will require a bit of help (even if i was doing it in UE4).

Comment

The INT file was always the last source the localuzed strings get their value from afaik. That said, even having a different language set, that one would use their localization file and if these values are not found they will use INT, and if that does not exist it will use the hardcoded values. You could try it having different values and which one is shown. Not sure if you can start UT3 with different language on 1 PC. Start 1 instance, change the UTEngine.ini and start a 2nd instance.

Comment

Originally posted by Revilution View Post
                    Diego, you mean bring Hunter's Moon to Unreal Engine 3?
                    No, I mean bring Quake 4 to Unreal Tournament but the entire game (weapons, player models, items, vehicles, etc) or at least weapons and player models. I'm just referring to Hunters Moon because you ripped all the Q3A content into Doom, you know what I mean?

Comment

Ah that, well i can do, just need the patience to do it, but i think i will not do because you know, Unreal Tournament is one thing and Quake is another, both focus on the same principles but their gameplay flows different.

Comment

Hooooo

Very good weapon, + 1 for the sound.

Many thanks. ^_^.

Comment

Update!

Fixed the issue that can randomly cause a crash in the game, and added a own Instagib mode to her.

EDIT: On normal player Headshots can't be done, but it will work fine for Titans, be the original Titan Mutator or any other that makes players be Titans including my Oversizer Device.

Comment

When im playing with low texture details and
                            high character details the rail looks low quality!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaal979 View Post
                              When im playing with low texture details and
                              high character details the rail looks low quality!
                              If you mean the weapon in third person view, then it surely its low quality but well, dude Quake 4 is a 2005 game, id Tech 4 is a strong engine but not so much for high polycount as Unreal Engine 3 does, so only in first person the model looks good, on hand, it still have low detailing.

Comment

Working...
                              X