Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DM-Valon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Valon

Name: Valon
    Game type: DM / TDM
    Version: 1.0
    Players: 6 - 10
    Requirements: UT3 + patch 2.1 + Titan Pack
    Story / Histoire:

Valon, a communication relay station between the city and the orbital station Cubicon, was once located on the roof of a building. Because of the city air pollution and electromagnetic fields generated by other communication towers, it was of the utmost importance to isolate Valon. Then, Valon was relocated in the upper atmosphere, well above the great city. These days, all Valon communication systems are fully automated. So no human intervention is required. Therefore, Valon is an excellent place to organize tournaments. You're now in...

Valon, station relais de communication entre la cité puis la station orbitale Cubicon, était autrefois située sur le toit d'un édifice. À cause de la pollution atmosphérique de la grande ville et des nombreux champs électromagnétiques des autres tours de communication, il était de la plus haute importance d'isoler Valon. Par conséquent, Valon a été relocalisée dans la haute atmosphère, bien au dessus de la grande cité. De nos jours, les différents systèmes de communication de Valon sont entièrement automatisés. Donc aucune intervention humaine n'est requise. Par contre, Valon s'avère un excellent endroit pour l'organisation de tournois. Vous en faites maintenant parti...

[screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/dm-valon-link.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/dm-valon-shock.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/dm-valon-stinger.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/dm-valon-rl2.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/dm-valon-vest.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/dm-valon-helmet.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/dm-valon-int.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/dm-valon-outside.jpg[/screenshot] [screenshot]https://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/dm-valon-udm.jpg[/screenshot]

Downloads:

GoogleDrive (main), UT-Files (mirror)

Installation:

Extract the archive into “My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps” directory. If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it. The archive contains :

DM-Valon.ini
    DM-Valon.txt
    DM-Valon.ut3
    DM-Valon_LOC_int.upk

Details:

I wanted to build a map with complex brush work, something like I did with Amyrade but creating another design and using only custom textures. I've encounter few issues in the development caused by the high amount of brushes and their complexity. Many months of hard work as been put into this level. So now, I can say "Enjoy" !!! For the records:

Brushes: 3156
    Pointlights: 2331
    Spotlights: 90
    Blocking volumes: 140
    Static meshes: 142

Happy to see this go final Steve! Looking forward to getting it dirty!

Comment

Clean, beautiful and fun. Perfect map, nothing else to add!

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
        Happy to see this go final Steve! Looking forward to getting it dirty!
        Good Let me know how much dirty you've made it

Originally posted by Firmament View Post
        Clean, beautiful and fun. Perfect map, nothing else to add!
        THX and happy fraggin'

Comment

Good deal on another one complete Steve!

As always glad to see you still mapping. - Looks very slick, nice work man.

Comment

DM-Valon and finished?! Sounds like awesome news! Really liked this map when I played it for the first time and it is still same impression. Thank you very much for getting it done and finishing! Keep up the good work!

What are your plans for the future? Any other UT3 maps or are you gonna join the people, who develop the UT game? Just curious!

Comment

http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...le=DM-Valon.7z

Comment

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
                Good deal on another one complete Steve!

As always glad to see you still mapping. - Looks very slick, nice work man.
                THX buddy

Have fun

Originally posted by Anubis 'Shadowgod' View Post
                DM-Valon and finished?! Sounds like awesome news! Really liked this map when I played it for the first time and it is still same impression. Thank you very much for getting it done and finishing! Keep up the good work!
                Great Your one of my "supporter" you know & it's always rewarding to read your comments

What are your plans for the future? Any other UT3 maps or are you gonna join the people, who develop the UT game? Just curious!
                I won't have the time to learn UE4 so that mean no maps for UT4. Therefore, I like to map & like to play UT3 so my mapping efforts will continue to be for UT3 until 2015. If there is a free editor that come with UT4 in 2015 I may switch but as for now, I'm sticking to the UT3 editor.

THX for the mirror

Comment

I won't have the time to learn UE4 so that mean no maps for UT4. Therefore, I like to map & like to play UT3 so my mapping efforts will continue to be for UT3 until 2015. If there is a free editor that come with UT4 in 2015 I may switch but as for now, I'm sticking to the UT3 editor.

It would be awesome to see you doing some stuff for the newt UT, but yeah, real life matters more than games... sometimes

Comment

Truly a beautiful effort.

Top work balancing game play and aesthetics, bsp work is outstanding. Hats off

Comment

Originally posted by stevelois View Post
                      Great Your one of my "supporter" you know & it's always rewarding to read your comments

You're very welcome and thank you for these kind words! Kinda feel flattered right now! However, you deserve it! I mean, you do a marvelous job at mapping and so far I really liked all of your maps. So yeah, keep up the good work! Regarding this, I like writing stuff and if you like to see something bigger, e.g. a review I could do that, it just takes more time. It's up to you.

Of course sometimes I write stuff and next day I review my written and I'm totally confused about it. It was that kind of situation when Epic Games announced the new UT game and I did some trash-talking on the Unreal Engine forums. I have no idea why I did this! Probably just a bad day, school is pretty ****ed up from time to time. Gosh.

More UT3 maps by you?! BOOYAH!!! That sounds awesome as hell and I'm looking forward to your next one, that's for sure. And once you start to develop maps for the new UT game in Unreal Engine 4, it gonna be awesome as hell as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Firmament View Post
                        It would be awesome to see you doing some stuff for the newt UT, but yeah, real life matters more than games... sometimes
                        Well, time will tell

Originally posted by Achernar View Post
                        Truly a beautiful effort.

Top work balancing game play and aesthetics, bsp work is outstanding. Hats off
                        THX very much Buddy Hope to see ya testing my next map. Your testing skills are so great

You're very welcome and thank you for these kind words! Kinda feel flattered right now! However, you deserve it! I mean, you do a marvelous job at mapping and so far I really liked all of your maps. So yeah, keep up the good work! Regarding this, I like writing stuff and if you like to see something bigger, e.g. a review I could do that, it just takes more time. It's up to you.

Of course sometimes I write stuff and next day I review my written and I'm totally confused about it. It was that kind of situation when Epic Games announced the new UT game and I did some trash-talking on the Unreal Engine forums. I have no idea why I did this! Probably just a bad day, school is pretty ****ed up from time to time. Gosh.

More UT3 maps by you?! BOOYAH!!! That sounds awesome as hell and I'm looking forward to your next one, that's for sure. And once you start to develop maps for the new UT game in Unreal Engine 4, it gonna be awesome as hell as well!
                        Yeah, well, I'll see with the time because learning a new editor take time.

I just started another smaller, DM map

@AL

So THX for your support

Comment

+1 to that, great to see this guy still releasing quality maps for UT3 and continuing a hobby he enjoys, not only that but Steve has a very keen eye, attention to detail, and a unique style that works very well in the UT universe IMHO, I anticipate he'll be as much an asset to the new UT as he's been in UT3.

P.S.
                          Steve; I didn't lose all of my maps, luckily I had other hardware failure on the design machine and the hard drive was OK, I have the editor open in another window. Hopefully I can find some time to finish some incomplete projects over the summer. BTW, I tried to type a similar reply Thurday night and the browser ate it .. computers you know, gotta love 'em. Cya around bro, i'm still with ya.

Comment

I played it, and just had to say something: http://themasterfoundry.com/ut3-user-map-dm-valon/

Comment

Hah, I just joined and found the announcement thread for this map. I thought to myself, "I'll be glad when this releases. Looks like a blast."

I scroll down to the bottom and ...boom...here I am, lol. Downloading now!

-----
                              EDIT
                              -----

...LOVE IT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X