Allow flying Manta [Mutator][PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I guess, that bAllowZThrust set to false will always clear the Z component of the force vector which will then apply only planar forces like strafe and forward/backward thrust. This can be seen in the C++ Source code of the UT2004 manta. The code retrieves each local axis and apply the foce to move that object in that direction. The manta is not always upright, so the local axes (X and Y) are not always having their Z component at 0.0.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I always wondered what exactly caused that old bug. Still, I don't get it . What does bAllowZThrust flag has to do with peculiar combination of strafe and rotation you have to do to make Manta fly?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yep. It enables the old bug. However, this is only enabling the specific flag to feature flying. The old manta was different in strafing but this mutator does not modify that.
    Out of my experience, the old Manta didn't drop that fast.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haha pretty cool. Is this basically enabling the old manta bug? Or is this different?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Allow flying Manta [Mutator][PC]

Allow flying Manta [Mutator][PC]

Name: AllowFlyingManta
    Version: 1.0 Final
    Description: This mutator enables the flying capability for the Manta serversided. That feature is known from UT3 v1.3 and prior.
    Features:
    • Allows to fly with Manta
    • Full net support
    • Full compatiblity to other mutators
    • Works for instant action and online games

Friendly Name: Allow flying Manta
    Date: March 24, 2014
    Compatibility: 2.0, 2.1 and up
    Size: ~ 3 KB
    Comment: /
    Credits: Epic Games
    Coder: RattleSN4K3

Demonstration:

Download:
    AllowFlyingManta_v1.0Final.zip
    AllowFlyingManta_v1.0Final_incl_Source.zip

Read the Readme file for more information.
Working...
X