[PC-Mutator] Oversizer Device V1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zeytun View Post
    Well, I've checked the configuration. The issue here is the Titan is overpowered in the first place. Now your titan can also dodge and double jump.
    I like the effects that you added to the rocket and titan, but the sound gets distorted some time.

maybe you can also add more options, in ini file in case for server owners, to have more option to adjust titan. (like turning off showing text on screen about other titans)
    Annotated that, but about they still dodging and double jumping properly for their size, faster in this case, as i said before, a very-close Shock Combo can do LOTS of damage and using Stinger Minigun or BioRifle on them is a great deal since it ignores their resistance and even does 10% of additional damage than a normal player would have to take, nothing much more to say, Headshots you already know unless you change the 'KeepHeadProportional' variable in the ini to true.

Well, for me they are much fine now than the original due the configuration fact, what they do is just your choice, i like leave them a bit overpower but if you don't want, just make them slower as the old ones and with the new ground pound formula.

Also, i don't took any time this issue with sound you mentioned, dunno if it have something with the Hardware OpenAL option, because mine i leave it off because my Sound Card is a bit old and don't have OpenAL integrated.

For now i can council you to give a try on V1.2 that i released few hours ago in ModDB, it changes lots of things from V1.1, maybe you can have a updated feedback about it, still, i'll take the one about messages to V1.3.

Comment

Phew, have a little time i released V1.2, but i don't recieve so much feedback about this which makes me think i did most things in the correct way, but still i'm opened to suggestions and anything else related to Titans, well, after Rattlesnake explained about the localization files i included the default english messages internally, also added Zeytun's suggestion of show or not the messages, but still need more stuff before another release.

Comment

To be honest, I liked the option of having different "levels" of this mutator. For instance, the three that you had in the last release allowed me to pick and choose what I wanted from the mutator in different gamemodes. I had the minimal version of the mutator running in my DM matches and the extreme version in all of the vehicle gamemodes.

It would be nice to see the return of this feature, but otherwise I can't really think of a way you could possibly improve on what you have here now. It's what the Titan mutator was always meant to be.

Comment

Well for the next version i'm planning in return the Lite and Extreme versions but still with a single mutator, they will only be presets to the regular one, so instead of every time you configure it for each game type, you just choose the preset and go play without any problem.

Comment

When the V1.3 will be finish ?^^

Comment

Soon as i get rid of the tons of bugs generated from the options of Extreme and Lite inside the code also fix properly the replication of the mutator to work nice on dedicated servers too

Comment

okay and thanks in advance for those amazing mods !!!

Comment

Finally Updated mutator to V1.3, added only few features, i didn't include Extreme and Lite presets due to couldn't get them working with proper replication on dedicated servers but all other stuff is ok

Comment

Well i don't see the footprints when the titan walk or run why ?Oo

Comment

It's a very beta feature, it sometimes appear and sometimes not, what i noticed is that it doesn't project on Static Meshes yet but works normally under BSP or Terrain geometry, well currently i'll be working with the actual stuff for V1.4, so expect a better footprint effect until there but for now i just written the codebase.

Comment

In what kind of maps does it work if you know ?^^

Comment

Well it works best on BSP-only maps like the lastest ones Stevelois made or the HOLP packs

Comment

can you tell me where i can find them please?^^ and the footsteps sound is weird xd

Comment

Congratulations on the release! It really is too bad you couldn't include the different presets (Lite, extreme, etc.) in this release. Is there any chance that you'd be able to patch those in the near future?

Comment

Working...
                              X