X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PC-Mutator] Oversizer Device V1.3

Name: Oversizer Device
    Version: 1.3
    Description: In a nutshell, it's a configurable Titan Mutator, this one changes completely how Titans is used in match since it renews their use for objectives, they will be only overpower if you want, otherwise they will not be so stupid killing everyone with their instakill homing rockets or the skymine-combo Shock Rifle.

Principal Features:
    * Chose if their ground pound will instakill or not.
    * They don't have permanent UDamage or Berserk anymore, but still shots 30% faster.
    * Their Rocket Launcher takes more time to lock on a target also don't do double damage, instead, it only does 125.
    * Their Shock Rifle still does a Hellbender chained combo but with the damage of a normal Shock Rifle.
    * Make them still pickup items or not (applies to Flags and Orbs too).
    * Make them run/jump/dodge faster than a normal player (used more for vehicle based gametypes since i think they are very slow at this point).
    * Some weapons like Bio Rifle and Shock Rifle does more damage to them in a non-vehicle based gametype (if them are configured to be faster, then those become deadly to them).
    * Make them drop or not a bomb when dies.
    * Fixes their ragdoll to the respective size, and with this i included the possibility of a Dark Walker or Redeemer stil stun them as a normal player.
    * Fixed their ground pound when they dies, it does not happen if someone kill them before the animation completes.
    * Use the Gears of War camera on them or keep the first person camera.
    Have much more as i posted in the first edit of this post but i put it to be read in the Readme file that comes in the zip.

Video Demonstration: (bit old cuz this was recorded on V1.0 yet, i will record a new when i have a patience to play with a bit of low fps with Fraps recording)

Credits: Epic Games for providing the game's source code and for the Titan Pack
    Code, Sounds and New Particles Effects: Revilution

Download
    V1.3 On ModDB
    Footnotes: Due to use many own content, may not be compatible with some other mutators (still i'm doing all what i can to maintain compatibility)

^^. A fun mutator. Good work.
    But one thing. It the Titan allowed to take the flag? Because i was able to do so.

PS: Hi. Another dev

Comment

Yeah, if you enable them to pickup inventory, this will include the Flags and Orbs in Warfare, but this doesn't unbalance the gameplay so much since i changed the formula of how they recieve damage from weapons, so, the balance is in what weapon you use to kill them in a match, unless you change the 'NoSpecificExtraDamage' variable in the ini to True.

Also, a fight of Titans have a challenge at least now, not a simple Rocket spam across the map, their Rocket Launcher doesn't instalock anymore as you saw and the inventory is kept instead of be destroyed and leaves only Rocket Launcher and Shock Rifle.

Comment

Well, nobody give much attention, dunno if it was the form that i posted the mutator so i'm changing it to the defaults as i saw in some of the other mutators here.

Updated the mutator to fix some stupid minor bugs and added a option to give or not bonus point to everyone in a match when someone turns into a Titan since i noticed that isn't a great form of balance the game with Titans on it.

btw, i changed a bit the new formula of how they recieve damage and now if you can make 3 headshots, say goodbye to them (applies to all transformations, doesn't matter how much health they will have in Titan, Behemoth or even Demigod, 3 headshots and they dies).

Comment

Hey, dropped in to express what an amazing improvement to the Titan mutator this mod is. The smoothness of gameplay is astounding, moreso than most mods on this forum I'd say.

I look forward to what you choose to do with this mod, but for now, thanks.

Comment

Sounds really good. Nice work.
            - Are you able to upload a Src class for a Titan to allow pickups? Not your ResizeExtreme Hero; just a normal titan with allow pickups
            * long time ago i tried simply adding bcanpickupinventory=true, which obviously did'nt work, re-writing a new titan to include the weapons code was a bit much for me so i stopped..
            - The other option is [with your permission], fumble for ***** in darkness, and look into what you've done.

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
              Sounds really good. Nice work.
              * long time ago i tried simply adding bcanpickupinventory=true, which obviously did'nt work, re-writing a new titan to include the weapons code was a bit much for me so i stopped..
              Thanks and to make Titans pickup inventory is easy, you don't need do much more than overwrite the BecomeHero and ActivateHero funcions in UTHeroPawn class, just get the entire BecomeHero function and put as comment or remove this part of the code:

Code:
              NewPRI = UTPlayerReplicationInfo(PlayerReplicationInfo);
              if ( (NewPRI != None) && NewPRI.bHasFlag)
              {
              	NewPRI.GetFlag().Drop();
              }
              bCanPickupInventory = false;
              ForEach InvManager.InventoryActors(class'Inventory', Inv)
              {
              	Inv.Destroy();
              }
              InvManager.InventoryChain = None;
              This will keep Titan's inventory and able them to still pickup inventory

and for ActivateHero(), just super it and put bCanPickupInventory = true and you're done.

Comment

V1.1 still wasn't the final version for this, i'm still fixing bugs, adding interesting gameplay features and always searching where i can rebalance Titans to make them a great enemy in a match and not a giant ****** spamming rockets everywhere and smashing everyone.

The next version will bring nice features, check ModDB page to see the news.

Comment

Cool. Looking for to it.
                  - I never could get the titan pickups mutator working. Any chance you can write a separate Mutator to enable Titan pickups (standalone mutator)?
                  - i did try a while ago with your Reply (NewPRI) but i failed and have too many balls in the air to ever be able to do it myself.
                  Thanks

Comment

Alright, i did the code fou you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1rcvqvqoso6urw8/UTNewHero.7z

Also i included the fix of Titans not dying with their respective ragdoll size.

Comment

Good work, but titan is still overpowered even more than before.

Comment

On Hedsteem, I doubled the time between ground pounds & reduced the radius by 1/4. That really helped balance the titans. That & our scorpions classes blades kill titans instantly & my flak cannon does massive damage to titans. Our raptor, manta, & viper classes can pancake a titan & kill it instantly. The other thing is we only run the titans one weekend a month so people don't get too sick of them. The major problem with titans the OP ground pound, & the stock weapons & vehicles in the game aren't powerful enough to deal with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeytun View Post
                          Good work, but titan is still overpowered even more than before.
                          Did you at least tried click in the 'Configure' button in the mutator menu?

Commando Stinger Minigun, Overcharged Shock Rifle, Microsun and make them run faster isn't a argument because is your choice enable them or not.

Ground pound in my mutator isn't a problem too, since you can choose if it will do the average 300 of damage or it just throw everyone away doing a maximum of 50 of damage when Titan, 125 when Behemoth and 200 in Demigod, and now in V1.2 that i'm about to release, they can't do melee more than 6 times within 15 seconds, otherwise they dies.

They don't get double damage or berserk anymore, so their Shock Rifle is a regular Shock Rifle they just can still do the Hellbender-kinda combo with it, their Rocket Launcher does 125 of damage and don't instalock on the target, Irradiated Link Gun shots faster but primary fire does less damage, in secondary the beam gets more distance but still same damage, M83 Enforcers is good for distance, but still shots in the same rate of normal ones and also does same damage.

Want counter them? use Stinger Minigun, Shock Combo or Bio Rifle on them, those ignores their resistence and kills them pretty fast or try Headshot them, they have small heads for critical hits.

Really judging by what Titans is meant to be, they have to be OP on certain things, not in everything as the original does but still have, anyway in my mutator the choice of that is yours.

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                          On Hedsteem, I doubled the time between ground pounds & reduced the radius by 1/4. That really helped balance the titans. That & our scorpions classes blades kill titans instantly & my flak cannon does massive damage to titans. Our raptor, manta, & viper classes can pancake a titan & kill it instantly. The other thing is we only run the titans one weekend a month so people don't get too sick of them. The major problem with titans the OP ground pound, & the stock weapons & vehicles in the game aren't powerful enough to deal with them.
                          Hmm, you know that ANY VEHICLE including the originals can pancake them, you just need how to fall on their head, i know because i did it 3 times in Torlan by falling with a Goliath in one from the bridge and then tried again with Hellfire and Scorpion, also, two well placed Hellfire strikes on them and they are dead too and if have a Titan exactly below your Dark Walker, simply crouching on it and you have your kill, Scavenger when using the legs as a spinning blades instakill them too just by one touch, and for final, well, you know what Leviathan can do, all those things is still possible in my mutator, and i always make use of it when i want counter a Titan very fast, ah, and don't forget the X-Ray Field, that can be stupidly useless in very open areas, but in closed enviroments it does the job.

Comment

Dunno if my post above sounded a bit ignorant but that wasn't my intention Zeytun, i just don't took it in mind that time the possiblility of you downloaded that zip i made for TKBS that simply enables the original Titans to pickup stuff

Well just bumping to drop this here in case that someone want see the Mutator with a more "self" configuration style than trying represent the original Titan mutator.

Comment

Originally posted by Revilution View Post
                              Dunno if my post above sounded a bit ignorant but that wasn't my intention Zeytun, i just don't took it in mind that time the possiblility of you downloaded that zip i made for TKBS that simply enables the original Titans to pickup stuff

Well just bumping to drop this here in case that someone want see the Mutator with a more "self" configuration style than trying represent the original Titan mutator.
                              Well, I've checked the configuration. The issue here is the Titan is overpowered in the first place. Now your titan can also dodge and double jump.
                              I like the effects that you added to the rocket and titan, but the sound gets distorted some time.

maybe you can also add more options, in ini file in case for server owners, to have more option to adjust titan. (like turning off showing text on screen about other titans)

Comment

Working...
                              X