X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pickup Respawn Tweak [Mutator][PC][Updated: October 16 2014]

Name: Pickup Respawn Tweak
    Version: 1.0.5
    Description: Allows to modify the respawn time for various pickups (like weapons, armor, etc.)
    Features:
    • Respawn time adjustment for all pickups
    • Respawn time adjustment for Weapon Lockers
    • Clients can check server settings by opening UI
    • Full net support
    • Full compatiblity to other mutators
    • Support for custom pickups (like items, weapons, etc.)
    • Ingame administration
    • Configurable via UI scene
    • Configurable via Ini file
    • Configurable via WebAdmin
    • Basic profile support
    • Demo console command to check tweaks
    • No replacement of Pawn, PlayerController classes (or anything)
    • Works for instant action and online games

Date: October 16, 2014
    Compatibility: NOT TESTED (works in 2.1, could be lower)
    Size: ~ 334 KB
    Comment: /
    Credits: Epic Games, Neillithan/CaptainFlaccid (Idea/request), NovaZzZ (Idea/request)
    Coder: RattleSN4K3

Screenshots:
    In-Game client UI
    In-Game Admin UI
    Config scene
    WebAdmin interface #1
    WebAdmin interface #2
    WebAdmin interface #3
    Demonstration (Link):

Changelog:
    v1.0.5
    • Added: Config value will get default value back on restore
    • Fixed: Possible problem with demo console commands with server sided demos
    • Fixed: Version not shown in settings menu
    • Fixed: Minor issues

v1.0.4
    • Fixed: Prevent opening settings in recorded demos (server and client)
    • Fixed: Zero-Day bug causing chained Linked-RepInfo might being broken
    • Added: Additional help message for admin settings
    • Added: Console command for demos to list tweaked settings

v1.0.3
    • Added: Tweaking of Weapon Locker's respawn time
    • Added: Ingame administration for admins in the server settings UI (mutate PRT Settings)
    • Added: Profile support
    • Changed: Proper Client UI with rescaled labels
    • Changed: Config name is changed
    • Fixed: Possible crash when UI is still opened on map change

v1.0.2 Fix
    • Fixed: Respawn tweak does not work for clients if 'Weapon stay' is set
    • Changed: Property dump not used anymore for Settings scene

v1.0.1 Fix
    • Fixed: Referencing the development UIScene instead of the embedded UIScene
    • Fixed: Typos in localization

Download:
    PickupRespawnTweak_v1.0.5.zip (79 KB)

Read the Readme file for more information.

Older versions:

Thank you very much for this RattleSN4K3! We really appreciate you making this mutator for us! I will install this on the servers and test right away.

Comment

You are a UT3 God.

Comment

It works , but I have a few problems to report.

1. I uploaded only the .int and the .u file, and let the server autogenerate the config file. The config file it generated is incomplete and didn't match the config file you included with the mutator. Afterwards, I copy pasted the text from the included config file into the generated config file.

2. The "mutate PRT Settings" command isn't working on our servers.

3. You forgot to build in functionality for per gametype settings. We need 15second respawn for TDM only. Your mutator changes the respawn time for all gametypes. Can you please build in support for changing the respawn times for individual gametypes?

Example: 15 seconds for TDM, 27 seconds for Duel. Etc etc.

This is our server IP: 74.91.120.136

Otherwise, mutator is working great... but unfortunately it's not useful on our servers (yet).
        -Neil (CaptainFlaccid)

Comment

Originally posted by Neillithan View Post
          2. The "mutate PRT Settings" command isn't working on our servers.
          Yeah, that's a bug. If you release something in a hurry, you might forget something ...
          The current version is using my development content package which is not included. Going to fix this...

1. I uploaded only the .int and the .u file, and let the server autogenerate the config file. The config file it generated is incomplete and didn't match the config file you included with the mutator. Afterwards, I copy pasted the text from the included config file into the generated config file.
          UT3 does not generate the UIDataProvider for a mutator on runtime. The basic config file which need to be installed/created manually would be:
          Code:
          [PRTweakMutator UTUIDataProvider_Mutator]
          ClassName=PickupRespawnTweak.PRTweakMutator
          FriendlyName=Pickup Respawn Tweak
          Description=Allows to modify the respawn time for various pickups (like weapons. armor, etc.)
          GroupNames=
          UIConfigScene=PickupRespawnTweak.UI.FrontEnd.ConfigMenu
          bStandaloneOnly=False
          BitValue=0
          bRemoveOn360=False
          bRemoveOnPC=False
          bRemoveOnPS3=False
          Other than that, the default configuration is created once the mutator is loaded.

3. You forgot to build in functionality for per gametype settings. We need 15second respawn for TDM only. Your mutator changes the respawn time for all gametypes. Can you please build in support for changing the respawn times for individual gametypes?
          Such feature is/was planned for upcoming version due to its complexity. If you only need such tweak for one game type, and your game types are voteable, you can add the mutator to the voting profile of your game type which can be setup in WebAdmin (and ini):
          Code:
          /ServerAdmin/voting/profiles

Spoiler
          The current version doesn't feature any WebAdmin code. It's just using the stock system and WebAdmin creates that settings page on its own (from my predefined setup). This isn't featuring creating complex tabs. A upcoming version will feature such proper WebAdmin page.

@tarnationsauce2:
          Lol. I wouldn't say that

Comment

Awesome. Look forward to the next version.

-Neil (CaptainFlaccid)

Comment

Updated the first post.
              The old version isn't available anymore. This version is just a fix without any new features.
              If you downloaded the previous version, you can just substitute that one with this new one.

Comment

Added a new fixed version. Neil reported a bug. I checked the code and saw I did not implement the code for 'WeaponStay' which caused that the mutator uses my testing value of 5s. For every weapon. Everything should work fine now. I tested all stock game types and custom game types shouldn't differ. If you are aware of bugs or problems, let me know.

Changelog v1.0.2 Fix
                • Fixed: Respawn tweak does not work for clients if 'Weapon stay' is set
                • Changed: Property dump not used anymore for Settings scene

Check the first post for a download.

Comment

Originally posted by tarnationsauce2 View Post
                  You are an UT3 God.
                  this, he will live forever in the pantheon of ut3 coders =) .

Comment

I've added a new version. This version has still the 'easy setup'. But there are several new features. You can now change the respawn times for Weapon lockers. Weapon lockers are special. You can only specifiy 1 time for all holding weapons. By default, this respawn time is set to 30. You can adjust this value to your needs. Also new, you can adjust the tweaks ingame while being logged in. You have to log in and then call the "mutate PRT settings" command (Note: this mutate command can be changed). Standalone/Instant action works without logging in.

There is also some advanded feature which is not fully integrated into the UI. You can specifiy profiles for your game types. This profile is not different to the default config. So you can copy your configuration, edit the name and apply a specifal parameter to your startup-command-line and that profile will be used. For an easy setup, you can just create profiles by using the parameter in "Change game" of the WebAdmin or append the parameter anywhere.

The basic parameter looks like this (replace Profilename with your desired name):
                    Code:
                    ?PRTProfile=ProfileName
                    Change game like this:

After the map is reloaded, you change change the settings like normal via the Mutator configuration. You will see the profile name in the edit box of the mtuator configuration. That settings is just readonly. Only to show the current active profile. All the changes will be saved to that profile config.

Once you created a profile config, you can append the profile parameter to your gametype voting profile in WebAdmin.
                    /ServerAdmin/voting/profiles

Changelog v1.0.3
                    • Added: Tweaking of Weapon Locker's respawn time
                    • Added: Ingame administration for admins in the server settings UI (mutate PRT Settings)
                    • Added: Profile support
                    • Changed: Proper Client UI with rescaled labels
                    • Changed: Config name is changed
                    • Fixed: Possible crash when UI is still opened on map change

-------------

Lol Lwlf

Comment

Mirror: http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?di...eak_v1.0.3.zip

Comment

Thanks for the mirror. *thumbs_up*

Comment

Thanks, great staff
                          By the way, since 2009 I am still looking for the ability to bring/spawn/add/cause whatever verb you wish, to provide myself all powerups, like two hours of all Berserk, god, Damage etc.
                          Is there anything new? I tried to create sth. myself but I had problems with all the static mash...

Comment

Thanks. Just a note regarding v1.0.3. I have to fix the version as I made a bad concept flaw which goes down to version 1.0.0

If you play offline matches you can always adjust the time with a console command:
                            Code:
                            set UTBeserk TimeRemaining 7200
                            Code:
                            set UTInvulnerability TimeRemaining 7200
                            Code:
                            set UTUDamage TimeRemaining 7200
                            etc.

You can give yourself the item by using the cheat GivePickup:
                            Code:
                            GivePickup UTGameContent.UTUDamage
                            etc.

Comment

wait you had problems with the mesh...? - and not the code ...?

@RS whats the issue ? - this thread escaped me so i might aswel wait until you explain what happened.

- it's Not like you to make mistakes !

Comment

Working...
                              X