Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[PC/PS3] DM-Malevolence-LP v1.2 [Final] (update March 14th 2014)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
    2. Not sure I understand exactly what's wrong with enforcers in a duel map. It's a duel and shouldn't players be able to defend against anything and it would be fair for either player and each has equal chance of getting it just like powerups? Obviously, they get dual enforcers immediately and that's always fun, but I guess I never thought of it as spammy.
    Well dual enforcer pickup on a duel map is wrong wrong wrong lol. A duel version of the map needs to be made in order for it to be a successful. BUT for 2v2 I don't have a problem with dual enforcers! That's totally fine with me! Maybe a second version of a map needs to be made.

Comment

Wait a minute, this isn't a duel map sooooo.............and I remember at least 2 or more bots appeared by default when I started it. So, I guess the enforcer pickup is fine then if played in default mode. Interesting tip about the dual enforcers though, I never realized they were so overpowered. I just know I get excited whenever I get them.

Comment

Love the visuals from DM-Edge and this seems to be a very good remake...

However, the tunnel with the enforcer and the water effects really butcheres my framerate. There it drops from a steady 60FPS down to 15FPS. I don't have the worst PC and usually I don't have any big issues in the retail maps, so having frame drops like this in a low poly map is a little awkward and sadly makes this map unplayable for "competitive play". Is there anything I can do to fix that? Like deactivate certain effects?

And it seems like I'm not the only one with the same problem:

Originally posted by ShrapnelAD View Post
        the downside is when you go the enforcer room with water lags slightly

Comment

Glad to see there's some interest on the map and thanks for the thoughts and feedback.

The 3 remaining pillars were kept for movement hindering to give a somewhat bigger threat for the reward. It gave another slight advantage to a contester if he was using the flak. The low ceiling doesn't give much choice on movement but i understand the problem anyway.

The doorways in the enforcer's corridor are no more present in the latest update (1.1 from december). It's not available on utzone.de yet because of my connection. Should be solved as soon i get something more reliable back.

I don't remind how i set the current jumppad air control, but i remind changing it for bot support. I guess by enlarging the belt walkways it would solve both issues.

I've seen too late the armor blocking volume being wrongly set to block character only and didn't thought it was worth an update just by itself. Thanks for the rest of the inputs on blocking volumes though.

The people i usually play with and myself being somewhat "bad" players, the enforcer OPness didn't showed off, as for the rest of the above issues.

Concerning the lag because of the water, i thought it was because of the ps3 hardware, but it looks like i was wrong. Toning down the water reflection in the corridor should easily fix it.

The map is intently in the narrow range because when i first made it, i didn't liked combos (the issue has now been solved ). I kept it like that to allow for a better variation among duel maps.

Thanks for the suggestions, a map is never finished i suppose
          I'll see what i can do. Maybe a 1on1 with a slight variation on visuals to earn the new map name.

Thanks for stopping by.

Comment

The 3 remaining pillars were kept for movement hindering to give a somewhat bigger threat for the reward. It gave another slight advantage to a contester if he was using the flak. The low ceiling doesn't give much choice on movement but i understand the problem anyway.
            I have a public reputation for disliking things that interfere with movement or flow. Some people like it though. I've just never been much of a fan, and in my observation, the vast majority of players like clean maps with less obstructions. :-) But honestly, those pillars are *not* a big problem.

The doorways in the enforcer's corridor are no more present in the latest update (1.1 from december). It's not available on utzone.de yet because of my connection. Should be solved as soon i get something more reliable back.
            I don't remind how i set the current jumppad air control, but i remind changing it for bot support. I guess by enlarging the belt walkways it would solve both issues.
            Yeah, bots are a freaking pain when it comes to jump pads. </3 bots.

I've seen too late the armor blocking volume being wrongly set to block character only and didn't thought it was worth an update just by itself. Thanks for the rest of the inputs on blocking volumes though.
            Not a big deal. :P

The people i usually play with and myself being somewhat "bad" players, the enforcer OPness didn't showed off, as for the rest of the above issues.
            Yeah, it really only shows when good players have dual enforcer, especially in duel.

Concerning the lag because of the water, i thought it was because of the ps3 hardware, but it looks like i was wrong. Toning down the water reflection in the corridor should easily fix it.
            If the water is a static mesh, why not just right click it and set it's detail mode to "high"? This will cause the water to be visible only if the player has their "detail mode" slider set to high (in game). Problem solved.

Lol, nope. :-) I keep making versions of the maps I work on. I just call them DM-MapName-Pro v1.1 (or DM-MapName-Pro_v1-1.ut3). I like the idea that if a map has a problem and the mapper is willing to fix it, that shows that the map is being actively supported and the mapper listens to community feedback.

I'll see what i can do. Maybe a 1on1 with a slight variation on visuals to earn the new map name.
            Not a bad idea. It's my suggestion that enforcer be removed for the 1on1 version.

Thanks for stopping by.[/QUOTE]

Comment

This map has a TON of potential to become the next Bonescraper, I think. It has nice flow and some good and easy trick jump to get to places(especially belt). I love the map! Can't wait to try the map for 2v2's as well.

Comment

Version 1.2

Version 1.2 is up for PC. Ps3 will be up tomorrow.

The 1.2 changes are aimed at play smoothness and Duel balance.
                Still no Foregone as i find it really weird with these visuals. I can't stop feeling it's a space arena music.

--------------
                Changes from version 1.1 to 1.2
                --------------

Gameplay :

- Removed player collision on wall lights. Weapon collision unchanged.
                - Removed player and weapon collision on ceiling lights.
                - Rox room doorways revamped, they are now larger and look less weird.
                - Belt jumppad air control changed from 0.05 to 0.2
                - 50a stairs reflect projectiles like a ramp.
                - Belt grid frame now blocks weapons. The center still let you shoot through it.
                - Belt sideways are 1 floor tile larger. Belt area has slightly changed in consequence.
                - Enforcer replaced by 3 vials. Enforcer ammos next to the bio are still present.
                - Slighlty moved some ammos.
                - Spawn points revamped. There are now 2 spawn points per weapon, each one being at the same distance than the other. It adds a bit of randomness to the spawns.
                - A small wall have been added outside the map between the Rox room and the Shock/belt room to remove the easy invisible lobbed shoots from Rox to belt.
                - Removed the 3 pillars around the 30a.
                - Blocking volumes, as in a lot of them. Every wall should be covered, and there shouldn't be anymore problems with wall-dodge in the angles. Thanks to Neillithan for the tip.

Audiovisual :

- Removed the water reflection effect because of framerate issues.
                - Added a neon above the FLK tag.
                - wall fans rotate in the right direction now. Big deal for me
                - Doorways revamped.
                - Added a couple of lights here and there.

Have fun

Comment

I'll leave the 2nd final version installed for now (at least for a few more weeks).

Comment

sweet! thanks playforgg!

Backup link: http://www.galaxypugs.com/files-4-si...nce-LP_v1-2.7z

Comment

Map seems extremely solid now. I look forward to playing it on our servers.

Comment

That's sounds cool, you should use the UT3 stock music
                        like the Defector or Mech8.

Comment

Originally posted by PlayForGG View Post

The map is intently in the narrow range because when i first made it, i didn't liked combos (the issue has now been solved ). I kept it like that to allow for a better variation among duel maps.

Thanks for stopping by.

I see what's going on, probably the PS3's limitations to user generated
                          content. Interestingly, UT3 was one of the few PS3 games that supports
                          mods.

Comment

I'm actually using a stock music, the one from Diesel.
                            The enforcer corridor lag showed on PC also. I think it was due to a too high amount of dynamic lights for somewhat slow CPUs but i might be wrong. I scrapped the thing so it shouldn't be anymore issue with that.

PS3 download is up.
                            I'm not sure if UT3mod is still active as i didn't saw any activity since june 2013, i sent them a mail just in case.

Comment

I bet they're still active or wants a new mod. Hope this year.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the update! With the removed water reflection effects, I get my steady 60FPS and to enjoy the map.

Comment

Working...
                                X