Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[PC/PS3] DM-Malevolence-LP v1.2 [Final] (update March 14th 2014)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to be patient and check it out when it's fully
    cooked. Good thing about Unreal Tournament is you can play when you're
    irritated by annoying cartoon characters like Johnny Test that you want to kill while in this
    map of yours. Yeah I'm being silly creative. BTW, cool remake.

Comment

How long did you try to cook this map? Just a question.
      BTW, where did you get these textures?

Comment

PS3 download is available, but not tested so i'd be thankful if someone can confirm if it's working or not.

Cooking took 2 minutes at most. It's the uploading that gave me issues

The textures are made by Cr4zyb4st4rd and are freely available on his website : http://cr4zyb4st4rd.co.uk/

Comment

Thanks for cooking this map, I'll test this map right now.

Comment

Originally posted by PlayForGG View Post
            PS3 download is available, but not tested so i'd be thankful if someone can confirm if it's working or not.

Cooking took 2 minutes at most. It's the uploading that gave me issues

The textures are made by Cr4zyb4st4rd and are freely available on his website : http://cr4zyb4st4rd.co.uk/
            Thanks for the info.

Comment

The map works fine, but the downside is when you go the enforcer room with water
              lags slightly and the music supposed to be Foregone to make this more original.

BTW, nice work.

Comment

Looking good! - nice to see a final version of this. <Have to try this one on the dedicated LAN server>

+1 on the Foregone thing.
                Hiya / M^vL, Hiya Brother Stevie! <where is B!itz?> Nova, LPS, etc. I noticed Thrallala logged in today.

Comment

Originally posted by 1XTreme View Post
                  Looking good! - nice to see a final version of this. <Have to try this one on the dedicated LAN server>

+1 on the Foregone thing.
                  Hiya / M^vL, Hiya Brother Stevie! <where is B!itz?> Nova, LPS, etc. I noticed Thrallala logged in today.
                  ....+1 ,i thought i ll never see a "final" of this one, thanks for your works...cant wait to try it

@1X:lol... we are still here ....ghostsssssssssssssssssssss

Comment

mediafire DL won't for this one either. Any updated links?

Comment

Nevermind (it worked today), only mediafire DL of the day so far so it must have reset. I tried to see if Proxomitron blocked the extra ad page and it did, but DL stuck at "preparing to DL" screen. Not sure why we have to type stuff in to DL after a few work no problem, but it is BS. I'll probably try typing in something to see what happens next time.

Comment

cool remake!

Ah, LP = low poly, why that didn’t come immediately to my 49-year old brain is…wait…that’s it. As with “DM-Edge”, I liked the colors and trim using this refreshing texture pack. I also thought this map had good use of lighting/shadows, reflections and ambient sounds. Some other stuff I liked was the pouring water, rising heat/steam, sparks, fan, vents, window frames, columns,”vague” lettering, use of colors in different areas and non-standard music (techno sounds). As far as the gameplay, it’s a remake of Malevolence so it must be good and it is very good. Lots of pathways, z-axis, excellent layout, great flow and good weapon/item placement make this an enjoyable fragging experience. The health vials along the edge of the wall threw me off at first, but I caught on quick. The bots could be a little better, but they gave me a good match.

Comment

Hey PlayForGG, just thought I'd give you some feedback. I think you're on the right path when it comes to building maps without collision issues, but you need to try just a little bit harder. I'll explain. :-)

If you walk along the walls while strafing into them, you should never get stuck on any corners or 45 degree angles. In your map, you appear to have several 45 degree angles that I can easily get stuck on. To me, this indicates that you have some blocking volumes that are not lined up properly and I'm getting stuck on the edges.

Click to enlarge pictures.

Overall, I think it's a pretty good duel map. I think it could be a little bit bigger. It seems too crampt at times.

Keep up the good work. :-)
                          -Neil (CaptainFlaccid)

Comment

Adding this to the American Duel servers . This is gonna be the next "big" duel map.

Comment

questions ?

Neillithan, I'm not a mapper, but I do comment on a lot of maps. I could have been one, but I'm having too much fun playing and commenting on maps and collecting maps. I have explored the editors a bit, but not as intensely as mappers, obviously. I was wondering a couple things (only one has to do with mapping though):

1. Would those pillars in the last pic be OK if made like the first pic?

2. Not sure I understand exactly what's wrong with enforcers in a duel map. It's a duel and shouldn't players be able to defend against anything and it would be fair for either player and each has equal chance of getting it just like powerups? Obviously, they get dual enforcers immediately and that's always fun, but I guess I never thought of it as spammy.

Comment

Originally posted by SkaarjMaster View Post
                                Neillithan, I'm not a mapper, but I do comment on a lot of maps. I could have been one, but I'm having too much fun playing and commenting on maps and collecting maps. I have explored the editors a bit, but not as intensely as mappers, obviously. I was wondering a couple things (only one has to do with mapping though):

1. Would those pillars in the last pic be OK if made like the first pic?
                                Hey. :-) The problem I have with pillars like that is they serve no real purpose, especially in a tight small crampt area such as the thighpads area. They don't provide any cover. They simply get in the way. Lets say that you're going for the thighpads, but you decide to move into that area with your back facing the thighpads, so that you can keep an eye on other things... such as, a doorway where you think an opponent may appear. While you're moving or strafing backwards, you have to be consciously aware of those pillars. If you move incorrectly, you'll get stuck on them. And yes, if you were to put blocking volumes around them, you wouldn't get stuck on them, however... there are so many pillars in that area, that it would just be really weird to be being shoved all around by blocking volumes while you attempt to get thighpads. Simple solution: Remove the pillars there.

Now, the first picture which shows the pillar in the doorway serves a somewhat small tactical advantage. It provides just a tiny bit of cover (though, not enough to be extremely useful)... and since the pillar is so blatantly obvious, it's very easy to be consciously aware of its presence while you're strafing backwards. etc.

I've played thousands of duels over the years, so I know when a pillar has a useful purpose, and when it doesn't, and I know of ways to provide pillars without obstructing gameplay too drastically.

2. Not sure I understand exactly what's wrong with enforcers in a duel map. It's a duel and shouldn't players be able to defend against anything and it would be fair for either player and each has equal chance of getting it just like powerups? Obviously, they get dual enforcers immediately and that's always fun, but I guess I never thought of it as spammy.
                                It is my opinion that dual enforcers do not belong in a duel map. Granted, this map can be played as a small DM/TDM... but I would go as far to say that even an enforcer pickup shouldn't be permitted in DM/TDM. The reason is because 1 enforcer by itself is already somewhat overpowered--dealing 20hp per shot, and being extremely accurate in the hands of a skilled player. Now, add a second enforcer and you've quite literally got a more devastating weapon than a stinger; albeit, more inaccurate.

Whenever I duel, I sometimes feel like restraining myself whenever I pickup a second enforcer (that was dropped due to spawn rape) because I realize that it's just a cheap way to stack up on frags, even against extremely skilled duelers such as Legionz. I don't always restrain myself tho. :P

Enforcer is just an insanely powerful weapon, and having dual enforcers in a duel map is simply too much power for one person to have, in my opinion.

A link gun serves as a suitable alternative because it has restrictions. At close range, it's devastating, but link primary has limited range. Its long range attack isn't as devastating as an enforcer because it requires a lot of concentration and skill to use, whereas the dual enforcers do not.

Anyway, just my 2cents. No enforcer pickup = better, more respectable duels... even DM and TDM.

-Neil (CaptainFlaccid)

Comment

Working...
                                X