X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic FTW (alias Epic Fix for ThrowWeapon) [PC][Updated: October 20 2013]

Name: Epic FTW
    Version: 1.2 Final
    Description: Serversided fixing of dropped weapons so clients won't freeze/crash.
    Features:
    • Fixes dropped weapons for the own player
    • Fixes dropped UTTimedPowerup items
    • Fixes dropped RelicMadness powerups
    • Full net support
    • Full compatiblity to other mutators
    • No replacement of Pawn, PlayerController classes (or anything)
    • Works for instant action and online games
    • Configurable via Ini file
    • Configurable via UI scene
    • Configurable via WebAdmin
    • Server sided only
    • ServerActor to keep server pure
    • No dependency of the package when playing recorded demos
    • No requirement of WebAdmin

Friendly Name: Epic Fix for ThrowWeapon
    Date: October 20, 2013
    Compatibility: NOT TESTED (works in 2.1, could be lower)
    Size: ~ 137 KB (15 KB for Lite Version)
    Comment: /
    Credits: Epic Games
    Coder: RattleSN4K3

Screenshots:
    Config scene
    WebAdmin interface

Demonstration:

Changelog:
    • v1.2
      • Fixed: Linux server crashing when loading the main package without having RelicMadness.u installed
      • Removed: Dependency on RelicMadness for the main package
      • Added: Module to handle RelicPowerups

• v1.1
      • Added: Fixing bug for Weapon, Inventory, UTInventory and UTTimedPowerups
      • Added: Fixing dropped items of the mutator RelicMadness
      • Fixed: Minor issues

• v1.0.1 - Fix
      • Fixed: Custom GameRules breaks calling OverridePickupQuery of other GameRules
      • Fixed: Bug could cause adding GameRules more than once

Download:

Read the Readme file for more information.

Older versions:

I would like to know if the PS3 has the same bug. In that case, I can compile a PS3 version.

Nice. Do you know if this would work with Relic Madness? It has a bug that sometimes when you pick up a relic you have thrown it will cause crash to desktop. VolGoDoM servers run Relic Madness and I get crashes from the relics.

Comment

Hi

This mutator only checks for UTWeapon based weapons. As these are the ones, who will crash/freeze the drawing thread. Relic Madness items are just normal inventory items. The same bugfix can be applied to all inventory items as well. I didn't know that there is also a crash for inventory.

Going to check Relic Madness. There is no clientsided fix. Any server has to install this mutator in order to bypass that crash on clients.

Edit:
      I think I found the origin of that bug. My fix couldn't be applied easily within this mutator. So I will create an addon for Relic Madness.

Comment

I don't even use weapon throw, but Rattle is the MAN for hanging in there and coming up with this. known bug has been pi55ing people of since launch.

big ups to Rattle!

Comment

Well, wonderful job again, as usual =) .

I'm not sure ppl realize how much of help it can be to have still, skilled coders around in a game that is paradoxically as nice as it's unpopular ....

Comment

Well thanks for the kind words .

The current mutator as a critical bug which causes mutators using a own GameRules class not working correctly. I made a dumb mistake. I already have an updated version but I have one question left.
            The new version will also feature fixing the bug for RelicMadness.

Comment

Awesome! VolGoDoM WAR servers has been running FTW for a while now and I haven't had any problems with it.

Comment

Ah great.

But, there is that critical bug. RelicMadness won't work regularly if the EpicFTW is added before RelicMadness. It was my bad. I'll publish a new version of EpicFTW in the next days. Can you inform the server admins if you play on the server the next time if the new version is out?

Comment

Yeah no problem. PM me when the new version is out so I don't miss the thread.

Comment

Bad *** Rattle, a VERY hard bug to track down, and well important. Mad respect. Everybody start throwin yer Avrils!

oh and might this find its way onto anything Official Epic … hmm?

Comment

I fixed a major bug. This bug may cause other mutators not working properly.

Changelog v1.0.1 - Fix:
                      • Fixed: Custom GameRules breaks calling OverridePickupQuery of other GameRules
                      • Fixed: Bug could cause adding GameRules more than once

Check the first post for a download

Comment

Added fixing for dropped items of the RelicMadness mutator. Just in case, there is now options to replace other items as well like Weapon, Inventory, UTInventory and UTTimedPowerups.

Changelog v1.1
                        • Added: Fixing bug for Weapon, Inventory, UTInventory and UTTimedPowerups
                        • Added: Fixing dropped items of the mutator RelicMadness
                        • Fixed: Minor issues

Check the first post for a download

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie_D View Post
                          oh and might this find its way onto anything Official Epic … hmm?
                          . I'm not asking the admins but if they want to they can. In general, there won't be any problem as they are already running custom scripts.

PS: PM sent

Comment

Awesome work!

Comment

Argh.

I tried to to run this new version on a Linux server. That version caused the server not working if RelicMadness is not installed.
                              It looks like linux is handling that differently. A windows server would only throw an error into the log but continue processing. Linux crashes.

I have to use a separate package with an optional installation for RelicMadness or create a separate mutator.

Going to release a fix...

Comment

Working...
                              X