District 9 AMR-B21 Arc Generator

Name: District 9 Arc Generator for UT3

Type: Weapon

Version: Final

Final Release date: 9/24/2013

Requirements: UT3 + patch 2.1 + Titan Pack

Credits: Rumple

SPECIAL THANKS TO: LordBret, Cybis, mruczek

Description: The AMR-B21 Arc Generator from the movie District 9. Gibs player every time upon killing. Custom Model & effects made by me.
    The model took about 2 days from start to finish. I made the textures from photos of the actual movie props.

Technical Info:

Primary Fire: Instant hit, headshot capable.
    FireInterval = 1.500000
    InstantHitDamage = 80.000000
    InstantHitMomentum = -70000.000000 (pulls instead of pushing away.)
    VehicleDamageScaling=1.000000
    VehicleMomentumScaling=1.000000

Alt Fire: Sniper zoom with custom hud.

Installation: Unzip & drop the My Games folder into your My Documents folder, then launch the game. Use the weapon replacement mutator to swap out what weapon want the D9AG to replace.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/au...ator_Final.zip

Excellent work, thank you.

Comment

It looks really good. But seems like a bit grainy, too many shadows on the model itself. The momentum is strange. If i remember correctly, that weapon has a different shot effect in the movie. The lightning gun is a different.
      The material of that model is a bit too glowy. The particle effects are too bug for my taste ... and too glowy as well.

Otherwise, good work though. Are you planning to create a District 9 weapon pack. There were several in the movie.

Comment

Yes the firing is different, but the purpose was not to produce a clone. If the firing was similar, it would be blue electric and especially the weapon would kill immediately, what would damage the balance of the game with several weapons other than "instagib".

Thank you for having played with, and having posted us your impressions.

Comment

I put this weapon on my server replacing the sniper rifle. I may make an instagib version too.

Comment

A version "instagib", in my opinion, is not necessary, the weapon kills immediately with "U-damage". But a mutator for a game in "instagib" with this weapon can be funny.

Comment

It would be a mutator yes.

Comment

Again, excellent work. Clean model and amazing new effects. Only thing I find a little wrong wih that weapon is that it's not clear as to how the scope is meant to work. Both on the actual model and while holding the weapon ingame, you can see that something (the ammunition I assume) stands in front of it, making it theorically impossible to zoom any further.
                I guess I'll have to keep my good old Sniper in my replacement set, but that's sad because appart from this minor issue, your new weapon is really fun and well-made

Comment

Yes it's true, this weapon does not possess a glasses of aimed but is it important? We can suppose that the system of aim is on our head and not on the weapon. It is not important, what is important it is the gameplay.

Thank you for having played it and thank you for your comment.

Comment

Tournament players are injected with thousands of nanobots. These nanobots perform functions like healing players when health pickups are collected, & repairing armor when appropriate armor pickups are collected. They also "draw" the weapon crosshairs in front of you & your HUD by the use of special optical implants & software contained in the nanobots. Upon picking up these weapons, a new "program" is implemented drawing the alien crosshairs & custom sniper zoom. No scope is needed. The "scope" effect is caused by the nanobots instantly adjusting the lens of the eye combined with the special optical implants to create a "scope zoom" effect. With this system you can shoot from the hip with full sniper like zoom & accuracy.

Is everyone left in this forum that unimaginative? I mean the name of the game is UNREAL. It seems all this forum has left to offer is a few straggling whiners that complain about everything that someone else gave them for FREE. Again I'm not forcing ANYONE to use these weapons nor is it costing you anything to use them. I took on this project as a request from LordBret & thought it would be nice to share some FREE content with the general public.

Comment

As someone who loved the design of District 9's weapons, I'm happy to see them in UT3. Great work all around, Rumple.

Do you have a list of your other works? I think I remember you releasing some really fun stuff for 2k4, but it's been so long that I don't even remember what it was.

Comment

Thanks AL.
                        42 weapon mega pack: http://www.amazon.com/?tag=amazusnav...l_7j18redljs_e
                        Shredder: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...2013-Ripper%29
                        Ultra Mega Carl: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...Mega-Carl-quot
                        Billy Mays: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...lly-Mays-Final
                        More stuff to come. You can also play the server I've been modding since day 1, Hedsteem VCTF. I also have my own server called Rumple's Bloodshed. It has a modded war gametype & has VCTF & DM vote able.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                          Tournament players are injected with thousands of nanobots. These nanobots perform functions like healing players when health pickups are collected, & repairing armor when appropriate armor pickups are collected. They also "draw" the weapon crosshairs in front of you & your HUD by the use of special optical implants & software contained in the nanobots. Upon picking up these weapons, a new "program" is implemented drawing the alien crosshairs & custom sniper zoom. No scope is needed. The "scope" effect is caused by the nanobots instantly adjusting the lens of the eye combined with the special optical implants to create a "scope zoom" effect. With this system you can shoot from the hip with full sniper like zoom & accuracy.

Is everyone left in this forum that unimaginative? I mean the name of the game is UNREAL. It seems all this forum has left to offer is a few straggling whiners that complain about everything that someone else gave them for FREE. Again I'm not forcing ANYONE to use these weapons nor is it costing you anything to use them. I took on this project as a request from LordBret & thought it would be nice to share some FREE content with the general public.

You are over-reacting. I know this is Unreal, much as I know I've never seen a weapon without actual scope and yet allowing full zoom with informative lens via the HUD... Even for this game. Hence my comment. I don't think there was any reason to react like you did

Comment

The tank doesn't have a scope either, plus you view your vehicles in 3rd person. How do you explain that? Does it really warrant an explanation? Should I deviate from the original model design just to slap a scope on it? If someone gave you a hundred dollar bill that had a spot of ketchup on it would you complain about it & want them to give you a clean one? I can't help but be annoyed by knit picking & outright unimaginative responses about things that aren't even worth mentioning in the first place. It works as advertised. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by Firmament View Post
                              I know this is Unreal, much as I know I've never seen a weapon without actual scope and yet allowing full zoom with informative lens via the HUD...
                              Actually there are plenty of examples of games that allow zooming without a scope: Quake 3, Half life 2, Star Trek Elite Force 1&2 and others...

Comment

Working...
                              X