Clear All

District 9 AMR-B05 Assault Rifle

Name: District 9 AMR-B05 Assault Rifle

Type: Weapon

Version: Final

Final Release date: 9/21/2013

Requirements: UT3 + patch 2.1 + Titan Pack

Credits: Rumple

SPECIAL THANKS TO: LordBret, Cybis, & mruczek for beta testing!

Description: The alien assault rifle from the movie District 9. I made the model from scratch & used images from the actual movie props to make the textures.
    Not bad for only 2 days work.

Technical Info:

Primary Fire: Projectile = 14 damage & headshot capable. Ammo Consumption: 1. Projectiles are formed from a liquid Taridium stored in the canister on the bottom of the rifle.
    When the rifle is fired, a short blast of the Taridium liquid is mixed with a catalyst causing it to instantly solidify forming a Taridium shard inside the barrel as it's being fired from the weapon. This shard is then charged with photons from the 12 electrodes that run along the top of the barrel.

Alt Fire: Energy Grenade = 100 damage. Ammo Consumption: 20. There is a 1.5 second cool down after the grenade is fired before either fire mode can be used again. The grenade is fromed by the over charging of a Taridium shard making it very unstable after exiting the barrel.
    These "grenades" explode violently when they collide with any surface & do massive damage to living tissue. Due to the over charging to produce these projectiles, firing these consumes 20 ammo.

Primary projectile:
    Speed=10000.000000
    MaxSpeed=10000.000000
    Damage=14.000000
    DamageRadius=4.000000
    MomentumTransfer=3000.000000
    VehicleDamageScaling=0.500000
    VehicleMomentumScaling=0.100000
    HeadShotScale = 1.25

Alt grenade:
    Speed=3050.000000
    MaxSpeed=3050.000000
    Damage=100.000000
    DamageRadius=220.000000
    MomentumTransfer=85000.000000
    VehicleDamageScaling=1.500000
    VehicleMomentumScaling=4.000000

Weapon Specs:
    FireInterval(0)=0.130000
    FireInterval(1)=1.750000
    Spread(0)=0.035000
    Spread(1)=0.000000
    ShotCost(0)=1 (ammo per shot on primary fire)
    ShotCost(1)=20 (ammo per shot on alt fire)
    AmmoCount=100 (ammo weapon has from pickup base)
    LockerAmmoCount=100 (ammo weapon has from weapon locker)
    MaxAmmoCount=200 (max amount of ammo weapon can hold)

Custom reward messages for 15 kills of either primary or secondary fire (which ever comes first).
    Reward messages are spoken in "Prawn" & translated to english in text on the screen.
    Primary fire reward: "I rule your planet!"
    Alt fire reward: "Nice catch!

Installation: Unzip & drop the My Games folder into your My Documents folder, then launch the game. Use the weapon replacement mutator to swap out what weapon want the D9AR to replace.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qu...ifle_Final.zip

I'll be putting this on my server in DM & VCTF gametypes.

Comment

Yeah great !

^_^.

Comment

This gun is on Rumple's Bloodshed server in the DM & VCTF gametypes.

Comment

Only thing I hate with your weapons is that you can't self-damage when firing (this is quite annoying with a weapon like this one).
          But aside from that, the sounds, models and overall design are great!

Comment

Shoot the alt fire straight down at the ground. It'll kill you. That's self damage. The primary of the stinger does no self damage. Why would you want the primary of this to do self damage?

Comment

-> Firmament : you hate the weapons that can't self-damage..... Hum.... Strange idea, but it is your problem.

Besides the secondary firing can self-damage. -> Thus you like this weapon.

"(this is quite annoying with a weapon like this one)"

-> Did you see the movie District 9?

Thank you for having tested this weapon and having posted a comment.

Comment

You really have to shot *straight down*, litterally on your feet, yeah...

Anyway, the weapon is great, and I wasn't meant to be a *****, you know. I appreciate what you're doing for this game everyone seem to have forgotten (unfortunately...)

Did you see the movie District 9?
                Nope. Never even heard about it before!

Comment

The alt fire does the exact same damage & damage radius as a rocket launcher rocket. Anyways you're supposed to kill the enemy, not yourself.

Comment

Just to give here feedback as well. The same glow seems a bit odd like with the other weapon. The shadow on the weapon is also strange. Maybe setting the Light map size would change that.
                    The primary feels like instant, but they are projectile. Seems a bit odd. The momentum of the projectile is good. However, the last shot could gib the model if the health is low (GibThreshold=-10). By looking at the values of the damage type, i see a headscale of 1.25. There is a headshot feature for this weapon? Hmm, can't say if I like it. The weapon spread is pretty low so it could be too powerful. Speaking of power, the secondary fire mode's damage is a bit too low for the effect it is showing. The shock combo effect deals 250 HP damage max and that particle effect is half that size.

I can't remember correct, but I think the weapon had a secondary fire mode in the movie. Burst? In my opionion, would be better to have a burst mode of like 5 rounds which seeks to the enemy near your crosshair. Like the RocketLauncher's seeking rockets but with a higher seek value.

It would be also great if the shots have a trail effect. Not just like the stinger ones, but with a smoke-like effect, just like in the movie.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLZanIqStLg @0:25
                    The effect of the LockerWeapon would be great for that trail.

Otherwise, good work. Waiting for the weaponpack

Comment

1: Anything white in any stock map glows like the friggin sun. The stock maps have excessively bright lights that are toned down with the post processing.
                      2: The headshot radius is small. It isn't easy to get a headshot.
                      3: The alt fire does the damage it does for balance. Otherwise it would be a spam fest. What's wrong with cool effects? It's an alien weapon. It doesn't have to conform to human standards.
                      4: The primary DOES have a trail effect. If you walk sideways while firing you will see it.
                      I'm not sure what weapon I'll do next. I was thinking about an enforcer replacement. There were no alien pistols in the movie that I recall. I found a prototype weapon that looks like a sub machine gun.
                      http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/.../prototype.png

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                        1: Anything white in any stock map glows like the friggin sun. The stock maps have excessively bright lights that are toned down with the post processing.
                        The stock guns doesn't glow that much in the sun. Which makes them look good. Your weapon glows more. Which makes it unnatural.

2: The headshot radius is small. It isn't easy to get a headshot.
                        The raw value is greater than the sniper rifle's head shot scale (while running).

3: The alt fire does the damage it does for balance. Otherwise it would be a spam fest. What's wrong with cool effects? It's an alien weapon. It doesn't have to conform to human standards.
                        The effect is slightly too big. And the flying orbs on impact show that, as these might be just sparks. They are flying across the whole map. I compare it th ShockRifle not humand standard. If the effect is big like that, it should deal more damage. Which makes it unbalance. So i would recommened to scale down that effect a bit.

4: The primary DOES have a trail effect. If you walk sideways while firing you will see it.
                        Not in the final version on my system. Running on max.

That prototype looks exactly like the Assaut Rifle of UT2004 just in Weta style.

Comment

NONE of the stock weapons are WHITE. If you don't like the weapon don't use it. I'm not making it to your standards. The prototype looks nothing like the UT2004 assault rifle.

Comment

Excuse me, did someone step on your toe? If you don't like constructive criticsm, then don't publish it. I'm not saying you SHOULD apply my standards.

And fyi... WHITE:
                            Enforcer

Link Gun

If you set a color greater than 1, it glows!

Also:

Comment

-> RattleSN4K3 :

It is not easy to satisfy everybody...

This weapon is a Alien weapon, It does not need to be coherent or normal in its effects. At my home the game turns so completely and I have a track of smoked but very subtle. I do not know if a track so important as in the movie would be playable in the game, it is possible that it damages the visibility but it can also be the opposite and be very funny and beautiful visually if the map becomes covered with garlands of smoked.

Thank you for your comment.

P.S : I like your pictures assembly.

-> Rumplehedskin :

Is it possible to make a version with a track of important smoke and persistent as in the movie for see the influence on the gameplay ?

Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                              X