Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

foxMod v0.8 - Improved AI, widescreen support, 4-player splitscreen, gamepad support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hey fox, thank you very much for your effort, it's rather inspiring.

I installed MapMixer and foxMod at the same time before first boot of the game (by resetting \Docs\My Games\UT3\UTGame\Config), and I think there is nothing broken for both mods.
    I have a trouble though with button bindings; I plugged two X360 gamepads, ran a quick warfare match with 2-player splitscreen, and noticed that both pads had different actions for their buttons. Then I tried to change the controls through the Input menu in main menu, but only the first gamepad is affected.
    I have inspected the .ini files and tried to search for configs of the second gamepad, but I didn't find anything. Any suggestion?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry for the late replies, I haven't really kept up with anything UT as of late (looks like things are actually happening with a UT4! Neat!).

Although fairly late (especially considering UT4), I do actually have some post-0.8 work - mostly back from May - that is viewable here: https://bitbucket.org/alexstrout/foxmod-ut3
    It's mainly AI bugfixes for a few outstanding issues left around in 0.8, so I'll probably release it as a 0.9 or something at some point.

To respond to some specifics:
    Originally posted by Revilution View Post
    Also, i've read your To-do list when i downloaded this, and i think i might help with the Titan transformations with other near Titan-allies, see if this helps:
    Code:
    Worked fine in my mutator, bots don't waste their Transformation soon as the meter is ready but only when they really have a line of sight with their respective target, or defending.
    Thanks for the code snippet. I had originally considered having AI loop through friendly PRIs to inspect their teammates' HeroMeters - only transforming when a certain threshold of the team also had their Titans ready (or near-ready). Having them simply look at visible Titans isn't a bad idea either though (and a little more realistic than magically glancing at everyone's Titan gauge).

Originally posted by thistleknot View Post
    I would like to try this out on the ps3, but reading some posts above, it doesn't look like it's working.
    I will be following this thread. I have some coding experience. So if you want me to try anything, let me know.
    As I have no PS3, it'd be great if someone was willing to look at this again. I'd be fine with attempting another PS3 test build, I'm just totally blind while doing so.

Originally posted by Sarkonis View Post
    I am trying to run this mod with Crucible and I get the following ingame popup error:
    foxMod AI; PlayerReplicationinfoClass incompatable with CXPlayerReplicationInfo
    -- Advanced AI and voice fixes will not function.
    Is there a way to fix this? Or are the two just distend to never work together?
    foxMod unfortunately has to be manually extended to cover mods and other non-vanilla code content due to architecture constraints. Doing so is actually rather trivial though (it just must be done manually), and at some point I should really just make a sample "extension" mutator (like the current CBP3 Extension) to simplify this process.

Originally posted by Unreal4Eva View Post
    This is for the PC version of the game not PS3. I installed the mod but the auto centering while riding any vehicle and the hoverboard is very annoying, how can I disable it?
    You should be able to disable Look Centering in the control options. Did you per chance install the mod without the client-side options? If so, foxMod should detect you as a "vanilla" client and not apply any control changes, but it's possible it's still setting Look Centering on accident.

Thanks everyone!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is for the PC version of the game not PS3. I installed the mod but the auto centering while riding any vehicle and the hoverboard is very annoying, how can I disable it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am trying to run this mod with Crucible and I get the following ingame popup error:

foxMod AI; PlayerReplicationinfoClass incompatable with CXPlayerReplicationInfo
    -- Advanced AI and voice fixes will not function.

Is there a way to fix this? Or are the two just distend to never work together?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    foxMod-v08.exe
    foxMod-v08.7z

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm glad to see v.08 of this mod has been posted recently.

I would like to try this out on the ps3, but reading some posts above, it doesn't look like it's working.

I will be following this thread. I have some coding experience. So if you want me to try anything, let me know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also, i've read your To-do list when i downloaded this, and i think i might help with the Titan transformations with other near Titan-allies, see if this helps:

Code:
    //don't waste transformations for useless moments, and sync transformations with near Titan allies
    function CheckHeroMeter()
    {
    	local UTHeroPawn PlayerPawn;
    	local Actor HitActor;
    	local Pawn HitPawn;
    	local bool bNearTitanAlly;
    	local vector LocationCheck;

PlayerPawn = UTHeroPawn(Controller(Owner).Pawn);
    	bCanBeHero = UTGame(WorldInfo.Game).AllowBecomeHero(self);
    	LocationCheck = PlayerPawn.Location + vect(0,0,1) * PlayerPawn.GetCollisionHeight();

ForEach OverlappingActors(class 'Actor', HitActor, 600, PlayerPawn.Location)
    	{
    		HitPawn = Pawn(HitActor);
    		//20% of chance to transform near a allied Titan in 1/4 of second, about 60% of chances to transform in one second
    		if ( HitPawn != None )
    		{
    			bNearTitanAlly = HitPawn != self && HitPawn.Mesh != None && WorldInfo.GRI.OnSameTeam(HitPawn, self);
    			bNearTitanAlly = bNearTitanAlly && (FastTrace(LocationCheck, HitPawn.Location) || FastTrace(LocationCheck, HitPawn.Location + vect(0,0,1)*HitPawn.GetCollisionHeight()));
    			bNearTitanAlly = bNearTitanAlly && (FRand() < 0.2);
    		}
    	}

if ( HeroMeter > HeroThreshold )
    	{
    		SetTimer(0.25, false, 'CheckHeroMeter');

if ( PlayerPawn != None )
    		{
    			if ( !PlayerPawn.bHeroPending  && !PlayerPawn.IsHero() )
    				PlayerPawn.SetHeroPending((Team != None) ? Team.TeamIndex : 0);
    			if ( UTBot(Owner) != None && (UTBot(Owner).IsInState('Defending') || UTBot(Owner).IsInState('Charging') || UTBot(Owner).IsInState('TacticalMove') || bNearTitanAlly) )
    			{
    				PlayerPawn.SetTimer(0.1, false, 'DelayedTriggerHero');
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }
    Worked fine in my mutator, bots don't waste their Transformation soon as the meter is ready but only when they really have a line of sight with their respective target, or defending.

Dunno if this is exactly what you want but i think it's a good start for it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sweet - sounds like you've been around the block with PS3 mods. Thanks for looking into it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is wrong, the ps3 will only load the "first" package:
    Code:
    [LoadForAllGameTypes]
    Package=foxMod
    Package=foxMod_AI
    What i recommend if you are loading 2 .u files in 1 ps3 file. The ofcourse you would have two cook 2 .u files for the PS3 into the same place.
    Code:
    [LoadForAllGameTypes]
    Package=foxMod

[LoadForAllGameTypes]
    Package=foxMod_AI
    But really the code should look like this, I never even dreamed you could get 4 players onto 1 PS3(?). Cooking 2 .u file into 1 PS3 is sometimes harder than it seems. Just avoid doing it if you can.

Code:
    [UTMutator_foxAI UTUIDataProvider_Mutator]
    ClassName=foxMod_AI.UTMutator_foxAI
    FriendlyName=foxMod v0.8 - AI / Voice
    Description=New AI behaviors alongside various bugfixes and improved pathfinding, teamwork, combat, vehicle usage and objective understanding. Also optionally extends voices for more taunts and proper speech from Necris and Krall bots. 
    bRemoveOn360=False
    bRemoveOnPC=False
    bRemoveOnPS3=False

[LoadForAllGameTypes]
    Package=foxMod_AI
    I will narrow down what the mutator is selecting to find out where the PS3 is crashing. Find something that works then add/subtract where necessary.

This will be my first try, loading the new AI with nothing else.
    Code:
    function InitMutator(string Options, out string ErrorMessage)
    {
    	local UTTeamGame TG;
    	local UTGame UTG;

Super.InitMutator(Options, ErrorMessage);

//Team Game TeamAI Overrides (sets SquadAI and randomized orders)
    	TG = UTTeamGame(WorldInfo.Game);
    	if (TG != None) {
    		OldTeamAIType = TG.TeamAIType[0];
    		bMultiTeamSupportRequired = TG.DefaultEnemyRosterClass == "UTMultiTeam.UTMT_TeamInfo";
    		if (TG.TeamAIType[0] == class'UTCTFTeamAI') {
    			TG.TeamAIType[0] = class'foxCTFTeamAI';
    			TG.TeamAIType[1] = class'foxCTFTeamAI';
    		}
    		else if (TG.TeamAIType[0] == class'UTOnslaughtTeamAI') {
    			TG.TeamAIType[0] = class'foxOnslaughtTeamAI';
    			TG.TeamAIType[1] = class'foxOnslaughtTeamAI';
    		}
    		else if (TG.TeamAIType[0] == class'UTGreedTeamAI') {
    			TG.TeamAIType[0] = class'foxGreedTeamAI';
    			TG.TeamAIType[1] = class'foxGreedTeamAI';
    		}
    		else if (bForceActivate || TG.TeamAIType[0] == class'UTTeamAI') {
    			TG.TeamAIType[0] = class'foxTeamAI';
    			TG.TeamAIType[1] = class'foxTeamAI';
    		}
    	}
    }

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
    I have tried your file and cooked my own version based upon your files, neither work properly.
    Ah, ****. Worth a shot I guess.

Config screens don't work at all on PS3 as RattleSN4K3 said. The mutators here need/have a config screen?
    Nope, nor are they needed. All classes have good defaults under defaultproperties, which is what any INI-config vars are set to for release (the only reason they're present in that INIs that I ship is convenience for the user to edit)

Edit: Except for the mutators themselves for FriendlyName etc. - for whatever reason I only set those in the INIs, and I forget why.

Anyways can I alter your code to get it to work on the PS3?
    Definitely, tear it up. This is also hosted at https://bitbucket.org/alexstrout/foxmod-ut3 if you happen to use Mercurial and would like to just fork the project for convenience.

Edit Edit: foxMod's "client features" (i.e. splitscreen support, FOV settings, etc.) rely on INI edits to the menu sections under UTGame.ini, since the only thing available to splitscreen players is the in-game menu. I went into this assuming such things would not work on the PS3, nor did I plan to get them to work - I figured it'd be good to at least get the AI on PS3, as well as some of the code-only changes (like better splitscreen audio handling, since PS3 has 2-player splitscreen support anyway)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I omitted the various class' config variables, as they by default mirror their respective defaultproperties blocks and can't be changed on PS3 anyways. (If that's what you're asking. :P )

This is what I had in PS3-UTGame.ini:
    Code:
    [UTMutator_foxSplitScreen UTUIDataProvider_Mutator]
    ClassName=foxMod.UTMutator_foxSplitScreen
    FriendlyName=foxMod v0.8 (PS3) - Splitscreen / Controller / FOV
    Description=Hor+ FOV widescreen support, splitscreen support (2-4 players drop-in/drop-out), improved music and announcement handling, enhanced controller support and additional controls. (PS3 Test - some features (or everything) may not work!)
    GroupNames=FOXMOD
    UIConfigScene=
    bStandaloneOnly=False
    BitValue=0
    bRemoveOn360=False
    bRemoveOnPC=False
    bRemoveOnPS3=False

[UTMutator_foxAI UTUIDataProvider_Mutator]
    ClassName=foxMod_AI.UTMutator_foxAI
    FriendlyName=foxMod v0.8 (PS3) - AI / Voice
    Description=New AI behaviors alongside various bugfixes and improved pathfinding, teamwork, combat, vehicle usage and objective understanding. Also optionally extends voices for more taunts and proper speech from Necris and Krall bots. (PS3 Test - some features (or everything) may not work!)
    GroupNames=FOXMODAI
    UIConfigScene=
    bStandaloneOnly=False
    BitValue=0
    bRemoveOn360=False
    bRemoveOnPC=False
    bRemoveOnPS3=False

[LoadForAllGameTypes]
    Package=foxMod
    Package=foxMod_AI
    Does that look right?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Config screens don't work at all on PS3 as RattleSN4K3 said. The mutators here need/have a config screen? I have to play it on PC i guess to see. Anyways can I alter your code to get it to work on the PS3? i.e. remove all the configurable stuff. Set your stuff inside the default properties.
    This stuff also can cause some headaches for the PS3:
    `define CTFClass
    `include(foxSquadAICommonVars.uci);

I have tried your file and cooked my own version based upon your files, neither work properly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does it have configuration sections in the ini file? That never works. I tried to cook a mutator with a configuration scene for instance (MutateSpec) and euchreplayer23 tested it. So many tests but none worked.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey everyone - for those interested, the first PS3 test for foxMod is now available. Check it out at https://www.dropbox.com/s/1in6xjna7n...v08-PS3Test.7z

This is my first attempt at cooking console packages in Unreal, and I do not actually own a PS3 to test this on - so I'm flying blind and there's a good chance it will not work.
    Please let me know what sort of problems crop up (or if it miraculously does work), I'm quite curious!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    great work...........

Leave a comment:

Working...
X