Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

foxMod v0.8 - Improved AI, widescreen support, 4-player splitscreen, gamepad support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet - sounds like you've been around the block with PS3 mods. Thanks for looking into it!

Comment

Also, i've read your To-do list when i downloaded this, and i think i might help with the Titan transformations with other near Titan-allies, see if this helps:

Code:
      //don't waste transformations for useless moments, and sync transformations with near Titan allies
      function CheckHeroMeter()
      {
      	local UTHeroPawn PlayerPawn;
      	local Actor HitActor;
      	local Pawn HitPawn;
      	local bool bNearTitanAlly;
      	local vector LocationCheck;

PlayerPawn = UTHeroPawn(Controller(Owner).Pawn);
      	bCanBeHero = UTGame(WorldInfo.Game).AllowBecomeHero(self);
      	LocationCheck = PlayerPawn.Location + vect(0,0,1) * PlayerPawn.GetCollisionHeight();

ForEach OverlappingActors(class 'Actor', HitActor, 600, PlayerPawn.Location)
      	{
      		HitPawn = Pawn(HitActor);
      		//20% of chance to transform near a allied Titan in 1/4 of second, about 60% of chances to transform in one second
      		if ( HitPawn != None )
      		{
      			bNearTitanAlly = HitPawn != self && HitPawn.Mesh != None && WorldInfo.GRI.OnSameTeam(HitPawn, self);
      			bNearTitanAlly = bNearTitanAlly && (FastTrace(LocationCheck, HitPawn.Location) || FastTrace(LocationCheck, HitPawn.Location + vect(0,0,1)*HitPawn.GetCollisionHeight()));
      			bNearTitanAlly = bNearTitanAlly && (FRand() < 0.2);
      		}
      	}

if ( HeroMeter > HeroThreshold )
      	{
      		SetTimer(0.25, false, 'CheckHeroMeter');

if ( PlayerPawn != None )
      		{
      			if ( !PlayerPawn.bHeroPending  && !PlayerPawn.IsHero() )
      				PlayerPawn.SetHeroPending((Team != None) ? Team.TeamIndex : 0);
      			if ( UTBot(Owner) != None && (UTBot(Owner).IsInState('Defending') || UTBot(Owner).IsInState('Charging') || UTBot(Owner).IsInState('TacticalMove') || bNearTitanAlly) )
      			{
      				PlayerPawn.SetTimer(0.1, false, 'DelayedTriggerHero');
      			}
      		}
      	}
      }
      Worked fine in my mutator, bots don't waste their Transformation soon as the meter is ready but only when they really have a line of sight with their respective target, or defending.

Dunno if this is exactly what you want but i think it's a good start for it.

Comment

I'm glad to see v.08 of this mod has been posted recently.

I would like to try this out on the ps3, but reading some posts above, it doesn't look like it's working.

I will be following this thread. I have some coding experience. So if you want me to try anything, let me know.

Comment

foxMod-v08.exe
          foxMod-v08.7z

Comment

I am trying to run this mod with Crucible and I get the following ingame popup error:

foxMod AI; PlayerReplicationinfoClass incompatable with CXPlayerReplicationInfo
            -- Advanced AI and voice fixes will not function.

Is there a way to fix this? Or are the two just distend to never work together?

Comment

This is for the PC version of the game not PS3. I installed the mod but the auto centering while riding any vehicle and the hoverboard is very annoying, how can I disable it?

Comment

Sorry for the late replies, I haven't really kept up with anything UT as of late (looks like things are actually happening with a UT4! Neat!).

Although fairly late (especially considering UT4), I do actually have some post-0.8 work - mostly back from May - that is viewable here: https://bitbucket.org/alexstrout/foxmod-ut3
                It's mainly AI bugfixes for a few outstanding issues left around in 0.8, so I'll probably release it as a 0.9 or something at some point.

To respond to some specifics:
                Originally posted by Revilution View Post
                Also, i've read your To-do list when i downloaded this, and i think i might help with the Titan transformations with other near Titan-allies, see if this helps:
                Code:
                Worked fine in my mutator, bots don't waste their Transformation soon as the meter is ready but only when they really have a line of sight with their respective target, or defending.
                Thanks for the code snippet. I had originally considered having AI loop through friendly PRIs to inspect their teammates' HeroMeters - only transforming when a certain threshold of the team also had their Titans ready (or near-ready). Having them simply look at visible Titans isn't a bad idea either though (and a little more realistic than magically glancing at everyone's Titan gauge).

Originally posted by thistleknot View Post
                I would like to try this out on the ps3, but reading some posts above, it doesn't look like it's working.
                I will be following this thread. I have some coding experience. So if you want me to try anything, let me know.
                As I have no PS3, it'd be great if someone was willing to look at this again. I'd be fine with attempting another PS3 test build, I'm just totally blind while doing so.

Originally posted by Sarkonis View Post
                I am trying to run this mod with Crucible and I get the following ingame popup error:
                foxMod AI; PlayerReplicationinfoClass incompatable with CXPlayerReplicationInfo
                -- Advanced AI and voice fixes will not function.
                Is there a way to fix this? Or are the two just distend to never work together?
                foxMod unfortunately has to be manually extended to cover mods and other non-vanilla code content due to architecture constraints. Doing so is actually rather trivial though (it just must be done manually), and at some point I should really just make a sample "extension" mutator (like the current CBP3 Extension) to simplify this process.

Originally posted by Unreal4Eva View Post
                This is for the PC version of the game not PS3. I installed the mod but the auto centering while riding any vehicle and the hoverboard is very annoying, how can I disable it?
                You should be able to disable Look Centering in the control options. Did you per chance install the mod without the client-side options? If so, foxMod should detect you as a "vanilla" client and not apply any control changes, but it's possible it's still setting Look Centering on accident.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Hey fox, thank you very much for your effort, it's rather inspiring.

I installed MapMixer and foxMod at the same time before first boot of the game (by resetting \Docs\My Games\UT3\UTGame\Config), and I think there is nothing broken for both mods.
                  I have a trouble though with button bindings; I plugged two X360 gamepads, ran a quick warfare match with 2-player splitscreen, and noticed that both pads had different actions for their buttons. Then I tried to change the controls through the Input menu in main menu, but only the first gamepad is affected.
                  I have inspected the .ini files and tried to search for configs of the second gamepad, but I didn't find anything. Any suggestion?

Comment

Working...
                  X