• Show
Clear All

Rumple's Enhanced Movement

Name: Rumple's Enhanced Movement
    Type: Mutator
    Version: Final
    Requirements: UT3 + patch 2.1 + Titan Pack
    Credits: Rumple
    Description: Rumple's Enhanced Movement gives you higher jump, double jump, dodge, & multi dodge capability. It allows you to jump, dodge off a wall, & jump again while in mid air. It works really well with instagib for moving fast & keeping out of your enemies crosshairs!

I had a stick of ram go out in my computer so I am unable to post a video at this time but I have a couple good screenshots of me getting some good air!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?sunn1jnhgdboo27

Has anyone tried this mutator yet?

Comment

I tried it. But... the jump is a bit strange. It's unique i would say. A bit too much air movement and the dodge goes a too much straightforward. I prefer the original movement more but it doesn't mean this mutator is not worth it.

Comment

It takes some getting used to. Most people hate the stock UT3 player movement. The jump is barely there, the dodge hardly does anything. This is more like the dodge jump of the '04 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
          It takes some getting used to. Most people hate the stock UT3 player movement. The jump is barely there, the dodge hardly does anything. This is more like the dodge jump of the '04 days.
          UT 2004 felt the best as far as movement and jumping. I have been playing it recently. I always thought the jump sucked in UT3 as it was not high enough and you feel too "heavy". Will try this one out.

Comment

Edit: already exported the actor's code and most of the questions below kinda self-answered.

I came back to modding UT3 being out from like 2008-2009 (have to like, re-learn almost everything), looking to make something like a ProMod mutator for fun including movement and gun-balance changes and also one or two gametypes, but your mutator already seems very advanced in the movement.

Just tried it, seems mostly nice only the normal dodge is too high and seems just like a normal jump instead of a more horizontal leap. Didn't try (or didn't manage) the ability to chain dodges yet, is it configurable to how many you can and which movements allow or disable them?

Also, does it allow the timing of the double-jump and dodge-jump to be configured? I wanted to make something that allows you to bunny-dodge for around 3 times in sequence before bringing the stamina delay in, and for that it's necessary that the player can dodge and double-jump and dodge-jump by pressing as fast as he can if the situation asks for a quick reaction. And also, to start a dodge movement in the air and finish when you just touch the floor (press once in the air, press again as you hit the floor) to be able to quickly chain the moves and move around bunny-dodging.

Oh and very important: does it allow slope-climb as in 2k4?

Comment

Working...
            X