• Show
Clear All

WAR-DM-Diesel

Name: WAR-DM-Diesel
    Game type: WAR
    Version: 1.0
    Players: 6 - 12
    Requirements: UT3 + patch 2.1 + Titan Pack
    Credits: Epic for the map & Rumple for the idea & kismet.

This map allows DM style play in Warfare. The cores are directly linked and outside the play area and are NOT directly attacked. To damage the other teams core, kill the enemy players! I left everything the same as the stock DM-Diesel map. Not screenshot needed since everyone has the original DM version.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?d3l09h2bbunldhx

Thanks dude! Definitely will have to check this out!

Comment

Sounds interesting... I like the idea.

Feedback coming soon!

Comment

Okay, just played one round, so here are few comments:

- Sorry to sound harsh but, I mean, this map is nothing but classical team Deatmatch with the score decreasing instead of increasing... Weird. The possibility to actually see and hit the core when meeting certain conditions (timer, ect...) would have been great.
        - I think you should disable the hoverboard by default. It's totally useless on this map and it causes the bots to act really silly. I assume most people now play community's new content on offline mode, so that's a real thing to consider.
        - Alert audio messages are very annoying, specially when both sides are on "heavily damaged" or "critical" state.
        - To summarize, the very basic "outro" at the end of each round, the useless Hoverboard making bots terribly easy to defeat, the weird decreasing score, annoying announcer's voice, useless minimap and frustrating icons for each Core (frustating in the sense that you will never see the actual Cores), are imo all the reasons why it's preferable to play classical team Deathmatch on stock DM-Diesel instead of trying to find any real value to this new map :/

Comment

Ok I see you failed to see the concept here. The point is that you can play different styles of play on a warfare server other than just standard warfare. If you wan to play without the hoverboard you have to use a mutator to remove it. You can't disable the hoverboard in a warfare map without using a mutator. let me cover your points here.
          1: The score doesn't decrease the cores health decreases when you kill the opposing team. Like the stock WAR-ColdHarbor map you don't attack the cores.
          2: The "alert" messages are built into the gametype. You can't simply turn them off.
          3: Putting a mini map in a small, multi level DM map is kind of pointless. You can't "turn off" the core icons either.
          4: The "basic outro" is a level flythrough that EPIC put in the map for the single player campaign. I used that instead of the exploding cores. (I recycle
          The whole point of this map is to show that there are other possibilities with the warfare gametype other than the same old boring gameplay every match, & get other players that like DM, CTF, VCTF something they like to play all on one server.

Comment

c'mon guy

Why don't you just run a subclass of UTOnslaught (few Kb) on your server which only overrides the WAR functions for maps with WAR prefix instead of making your clients download extra copies (many MB) of the same old maps, or, even more simply, add TDM to the server description and allow TDM as a votable gametype? Ridiculous.

Comment

Wow really? THIS IS A CONCEPT MAP. What if you didn't want votable gametypes on your server? What if you didn't want to run a custom gametype? This shows just one way that warfare can be played differently, other than capturing nodes over and over just to have the enemy take them back as soon as you walk away. It's about not having confusing or over complicated node link setups to deal with. Most of the people I've talked to don't plat warfare because of my previous 2 statements. Most war maps have way too many nodes and require way too many people to play it effectively especially with how small the community already is. This is to show the few warfare server admins/players that ONE server running ONE gametype can provide different types of gameplay to a wider variety of players (DM, CTF, VCTF, WAR), and get them together on one server to enjoy what little bit is left of this game. I'm trying to provide fresh ideas to keep whats left alive and MAYBE attract NEW players and/or introduce people that have never played warfare to something they just might enjoy. If you don't like or understand the concept here no one is forcing you to download the map or participate in a server running the map. As far as MY server goes, I'm already running a custom version of warfare that I've made and this particular version of this map isn't on there. I made this stock version for those who may be mappers or potential mappers to give them new ideas to play an old boring gametype.

Comment

I didn't fail to see the concept at all. Actually, I said that the "concept" was basically about making classical team Deathmatch far worse for the reasons I pointed out...

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                  Wow really? THIS IS A CONCEPT MAP. What if you didn't want votable gametypes on your server? What if you didn't want to run a custom gametype? This shows just one way that warfare can be played differently, other than capturing nodes over and over just to have the enemy take them back as soon as you walk away. It's about not having confusing or over complicated node link setups to deal with. Most of the people I've talked to don't plat warfare because of my previous 2 statements. Most war maps have way too many nodes and require way too many people to play it effectively especially with how small the community already is. This is to show the few warfare server admins/players that ONE server running ONE gametype can provide different types of gameplay to a wider variety of players (DM, CTF, VCTF, WAR), and get them together on one server to enjoy what little bit is left of this game. I'm trying to provide fresh ideas to keep whats left alive and MAYBE attract NEW players and/or introduce people that have never played warfare to something they just might enjoy. If you don't like or understand the concept here no one is forcing you to download the map or participate in a server running the map. As far as MY server goes, I'm already running a custom version of warfare that I've made and this particular version of this map isn't on there. I made this stock version for those who may be mappers or potential mappers to give them new ideas to play an old boring gametype.
                  No, not really. Kudos for releasing a good map for new mappers to reference for alternate use of existing game objectives. I guess my initial surprise was due to this being posted in the full release section of the forum instead of mod request/ idea sharing forum and the fact that you have created many more unique maps you could share with us in this forum but do not bother tailoring in order to enable more versatile play on servers other than H3D. (I am certain you are aware there are many reasons we do not all play on the same server.) My apologies for the brashness. This is good reference for folks to develop maps for servers which run within the restrictions you describe who wish to one-off things, and is especially useful for DOM/DDOM/etc. play and other things which are not TDM. Cheers.

Comment

strange but fun!

I like the concept with other warfare options and, yes, it’s basically TDM with scores decreasing from 100 for each team; although, that didn’t stop me from continuing to look for the cores the first time I tried it (needed to check directions before I played the first time). I don’t know about the bot-hoverboard issue, but the other team must be taking advantage of it many times because my bots suck (the bots for the other team are good though). My bots suck so bad we lost core many times. Also, needs author and recommended player load in preview shot. The minimap is not useless, but I think the hoverboard does need to be disabled for this tight map.

Comment

Haven't played it yet, but it will be interesting to play. Can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Working...
                      X