X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-Port29 [Pictures]

NAME: WAR - Port29_v2 and Port29_v2Tank
    VERSION: 1.0
    COMPATIBILITY: UT3 with patch 2.1 or later (Titan Pack NOT required)
    DESCRIPTION: The Liandri used this port to transport their cargo to far away continents. Many of Liandri's robots have once been stored in these very boxes. Rumour has it that under the port lies a secret Liandri facility.
    COMMENTS: Hey guys, I wanted to get this map out. I've been working on it for awhile, and I think it's time. This is my first map for UT3, so, just a reminder, don't expect an absolute masterpiece here!
    SCREENSHOTS:

CREDITS: Darkn3ss is QnL, Ron Paul 2012, geronaho, Epic Games for making an Epic game, and and in general, the UT3 community
    DOWNLOAD: With Tank: http://www.2shared.com/file/l01PsVl0...29_v2Tank.html
    Without Tank Node: http://www.2shared.com/file/1Fmn8GKo/WAR-Port29_v2.html

MIRROR: With Tank: https://rapidshare.com/#!download|99....zip|72548|0|0
    Without Tank Node: https://rapidshare.com/#!download|88....zip|72072|0|0

YouTube Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGuJ7tXEr0Y

Interesting map but the main problem is the center:
    it's feels like a labyrinth that break the fun/action and you easily can spamkill,
    but for a first map it's looks promising.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodK1nG View Post
      Interesting map but the main problem is the center:
      it's feels like a labyrinth that break the fun/action and you easily can spamkill,
      but for a first map it's looks promising.
      Thanks for your kind advice, I hope to improve my map making skills in the future, but, for now, it's my first and only map. I'll take your advice into consideration during my next Warfare map.

Comment

I completely agree with BloodK1ng on this one. This map has great intents, but certain things clearly show your lack of experience in UT3 mapping. Next time, please refrain from over-using very narrow passages you can easily get stuck into. Also beware with the super cool places you can attack the node from without really being noticed. I guess this is something very fun to be made in the UT3 editor, but ingame, I can guarantee you that it somewhat ruins the gameplay.

However, I don't want to sound too harsh either, because for a first one, this is clearly a *great*, an ambitious and an almost totally successful one. Very fun despite its flaws. And very promising for your future releases

Comment

Nice to see this run Final. Although I still have some comments I'd like to make:

File:

- In your README.txt, the map still shows marked as beta. I quote: Version: 1.0/BETA
          - Why do admins need to contact you if they wish to use your map on there server?

Visuals:

- Your Heightfog seems too dense. Its not completly convincing in still a pretty realistic floorplan.

- For a 70MB file, you should think about deleting meshes that have no use for the visual Eye.
          Be a smart mapper. Using less, is always better.

- I only see buildings on one side of the map, but the other side is just one complete foggy blur. Its not really realistic. This map would benefit some "YinYang" in visuals.

- All the colored boxes seem to be mixed up. I'm kind of confused. Perhaps it would have made sense for visuals to keep colors seperate to there respectful base / Teams: Blue boxes in the blue base, Red Boxes in the red base. Yellow boxes near the armor. This would also help the map in the flow, because Armor would for instance be easier recgonizable, and especially in a big Warfare map, that could only benefit.

- Lightning could have done with some more work. There is actually no ambience at all. Lightning is sorta flat white. Lightning is usually never white, but more blueish in a morning/mid-day themed level.
          When talking about sunsets, its usally more orange. Try using a Directional Light next time, and create a sun from a LensFlare to believe that the lightning is actually there.

Map plays good furtheron, did not encounter any bot issues as well. For your first map, this is a good attempt
          Hope it gets downloaded well and hope to see more of you in the future!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL View Post
            Nice to see this run Final. Although I still have some comments I'd like to make:

File:

- In your README.txt, the map still shows marked as beta. I quote: Version: 1.0/BETA
            - Why do admins need to contact you if they wish to use your map on there server?

Visuals:

- Your Heightfog seems too dense. Its not completly convincing in still a pretty realistic floorplan.

- For a 70MB file, you should think about deleting meshes that have no use for the visual Eye.
            Be a smart mapper. Using less, is always better.

- I only see buildings on one side of the map, but the other side is just one complete foggy blur. Its not really realistic. This map would benefit some "YinYang" in visuals.

- All the colored boxes seem to be mixed up. I'm kind of confused. Perhaps it would have made sense for visuals to keep colors seperate to there respectful base / Teams: Blue boxes in the blue base, Red Boxes in the red base. Yellow boxes near the armor. This would also help the map in the flow, because Armor would for instance be easier recgonizable, and especially in a big Warfare map, that could only benefit.

- Lightning could have done with some more work. There is actually no ambience at all. Lightning is sorta flat white. Lightning is usually never white, but more blueish in a morning/mid-day themed level.
            When talking about sunsets, its usally more orange. Try using a Directional Light next time, and create a sun from a LensFlare to believe that the lightning is actually there.

Map plays good furtheron, did not encounter any bot issues as well. For your first map, this is a good attempt
            Hope it gets downloaded well and hope to see more of you in the future!
            Thanks all of you for your great tips. I'm sure I'll get more experience as the time goes on. And about the Version 1/Beta... I'll proofread a little more next time.

Comment

Working...
            X